Government First Grade College, Malur was established in the year 1988. The town did not have the competence of the university learning. The largely underprivileged sections convinced the Government, which is now the Government First Grade College, Malur. This college has engraved its name in the entire district of Kolar.
The college was housed in a small structure to begin with them the contributions started to shower. The donors who have donated quite big-heartedly, especially rooms of the present building. Government funds subsequently used for the construction of remaining rooms.
A new building is coming up in the close vicinity of the railway station on a land of about 3 acres which will be provided with a good infrastructure and the college shall implement latest and best modes of knowledge transfer with intensive classroom coaching by reputed professors.
- To build a center of brilliance through the formation of youthful people empowered to create a bright future for themselves and others, irrespective of language, caste, & religion through the dissemination of knowledge, skills and noble ethics.
- To achieve excellence in education.
- To make education as a tool for social change for the betterment of the society.
- To inculcate the students with faith in God, love for their fellow men and devotion to the Motherland by imparting moral, religious, intellectual.
- To empower the students with deep knowledge and create awareness of current happenings related to the subjects.
- To equip the students with necessary skills to succeed and attain highest levels in the competitive world.
- To assist the students in developing a sense of personal worth, social consciousness, emotional maturity, loyal citizenship, respect of labour.
- To encourage scholarships and research, especially those that are locally relevant yet globally acceptable.
- This will be achieved through teamwork and innovative methodologies employing opportunities both inside and outside the class room.