The Government Degree College in Bemina, Srinagar started its operational journey from the year 1972. Spread over a vast area of land, the commencement of this educational institute opened gates for all those students who were eager to pursue education in the field of Science, Commerce, Social Science and Humanities. Besides the educational services, it offers the amenities of canteen, Medicare, transport, sports, library and hostel as well.
Why join Government Degree College of Srinagar?
- Prestigious NAAC ratings: The Government Degree College of Srinagar has recently added another feather to its cap. It has been honored with the prestigious Grade ‘A’ as part of the re-accreditation by National Assessment and Accreditation Council for making significant progress in various educational departments of the Institute. The NAAC has further given the educational body the honor of being the best of the 101 educational institutes visited by them across the nation.
- Introduced novelty in streams: It is one of those few colleges that have introduced the new courses of seed technology, food preservation and electronic equipment maintenance.
- Sufficient admission capacity: Considering the educational needs, the Government Degree College of Srinagar has enough room to accommodate about 1650 students in the streams of Science, Commerce and Humanities in totality.
- Serene and huge infrastructure facilities: The campus of the Government Degree College is a sprawling and beautiful piece of land. Owing to this, it is also touted to be a university in the future.
- Experienced Professors: It is one of those reputed colleges which can boast of a faculty of 50 professors with specialization in Arabic, Persian, Urdu & English languages, Botany, Chemistry, Commerce, Computer, Economics, Electronics, History, Mathematics, Physics, Sociology, Statistics and Zoology. While most of them have completed Master level of education, there are few professors who also wear the cap of PhDs.
Facts & Figures:
||Chief Minister - KH.G.M.Sadiq
||National Assessment & Accreditation Council
||Science – 550
Commerce – 450
Humanities – 650
How to Reach
|Proximity to Railway Station -12.9 kilometers
|Proximity to Airport - 11.7 kilometers
For more details of admission, please contact:-
Contact No: 0194 - 2491715