About Gems Arts and Science College, [GASC] Malappuram
GEMS Arts and Science College, Panangangara is affiliated to the University of Calicut and recognized by the Government of Kerala. The objective of the college is eliminating the educational backwardness of its neighborhoods, by providing quality higher education and to provide world class higher education in the emerging new generation areas by making use of the latest advanced technology in teaching and thereby equip the students to face life in general and to prepare them for the highly competitive job market in particular.
The aim of the college is to provide quality education based on social justice and determined to produce quality man power with human and social values by integrating excellent academic skills, leadership, creativity and innovation for the suitable development of the country. They strive to become a premier institution recognized for its excellence in academic, intellectual activities and for its valuable contributions to students and society.
To become a premier institution recognized for its excellence in academic, intellectual activities and for its valuable contributions to students and society.
To make GEMS better and better in terms of excellence in education and service to society. To impart state -of-the- art knowledge to students and to inculcate in them a high degree of social consciousness and human values and thereby enable to face the challenges of life with courage and conviction.
Why to join Gems Arts and Science College
1. Vivid scale infrastructural set up - The College offers excellent facilities like state of the art library, sport facilities canteen and many more for the students.
2. Evolution with curriculum - The students are taught on the basis of latest course curriculum with the aim to make them perfectly ready for the impending challenges in the coming times.
3. Respected faculties from industry - The Faculty is highly qualified and experienced in their respective fields and are known for offering education that meet global standards.
4. Adroit training and placement division - The students are trained and taught various motivational, communication, leadership, ineterpersonal relationships and various other soft skills that helps them to be better prepared for their career path. Interview techniques and group discussion skills are also taught to them that helps them to crack future competitions or placement opportunities with ease. Entrepreneurship Development Camps are also organized from time to time. The Placement Cell continuously strives hard to provide excellent job opportunities to the students.
- Department of Computer Science nod computer Application
- Department of English
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Electronics
- Department of Arabic
- Department of Hindi
- Department of Malayalam
- Department of Commerce and Management Studies
- Department of Multimedia Communication
- Department of Mass Communication and Journalism
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Geology
50% of the seats are filled strictly on merit basis, in accordance with the centralised admission process of the University.
All candidates seeking admission to degree programmes should compulsorily register through CAP (centralized admission process) Candidates without CAP registration are not eligible for admission. However students seeking admission under management quota have to submit management application in the college. Management application forms are available in the college office on payment of Rs 150/-. Students selected under merit quota also have to submit college admission form at the time of admission.
At the time of interview students should bring their CAP Admit card and CAP Id Number(in case of Management Quota candidates).
Students have to report before the Principal with his/her parent/guardian for the interview with the date and time with the following documents :
- CAP Admit Card
- CAP ID Number(for Management Quota candidates)
- Transfer Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- S.L.C Book
- Plus Two
- Three copies of Passport Size Photo (one with name and date of birth)
- Community Certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC/OEC students
Students admitted shall abide by the rules and regulations framed by the authorities. Sufficient attested copies of the qualifying certificates should be retained by the students of their future use. All original documents submitted at the time of admission will be returned only after completion of the course.
For admission in the management quota applicants will have to submit application in the prescribed forms which can be had from the college office on payment of Rs.150/-.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Email:- [email protected]