About Dr. N.G.P. College of Education, Coimbatore
The College is established in the year 2005 with an aim to achieve high ideals for future teachers. It is one among the Colleges of teacher education started under self-financing scheme during 2005 and was permanently affiliated to Bharathiar University until 30.06.2008. The Government of Tamil Nadu by an act of legislature have established the Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University in the State of TamilNadu for promoting excellence in Teachers education with effect from 01.07.2008. Our College is presently affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University. National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) has accorded its recognition by order no: F:TNSEC/SRO/NCTE/2005-2006/841 dated 13.07.2005. APS04303 (CODE No.)
The college is run by Kovai Medical Center Research & Educational Trust. Dr. Nalla G.Palaniswami, basically a medical doctor, is the Chairman and Dr. Thavamani D. Palaniswami is our Secretary. This management is making lasting contribution in the field of professional education in order to inculcate the values in teachers in the present day set up. Our management is committed to society at large. Our college has a permanent building with excellent infrastructure. We have well-equipped laboratories in Physical Science, Biological Science, Computer Science, Educational Technology, Psychology and Work Experience. The attitude and interest of our management in promoting excellence in Teacher Education is reflected. We do have well-furnished classrooms, Multipurpose Hall and provisions for both indoor and outdoor games to bring out all round development for future teachers. We Have College Association, PTA & Alumni Associations. The Alumni have registered 100% passes with many University Ranks for the past 4 years.
Why to Join Dr. N.G.P. College of Education ?
- Amenities: They offer outstanding amenities for their enrolled students which include secure and serene hostel facility for boys and girls separately, excellent transportation facility for local students, exceptional medical aid and huge security.
- Effective Association For Parents-Teachers:In order to achieve the well-being of teachers, students and the society, the college operates a separate parent teacher association for the purpose. With the help of this association, a close relationship can be established among the teachers, parents and the management.
- On The Whole Development Of Teachers:They provide a huge platform for the teachers to explore and discover their talents and skills by conducting various extracurricular activities including drama, sports, arts, debates, music, dance, elocution, quiz and many more.
Facts & Figures :-
||Kovai Medical Center Research and Educational Trust
||Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University
How to Travel
|- 15 Kms from Coimbatore Junction Railway Station via road.
|-6 kms from Coimbatore International Airport via road.
|-11 kms from Central bus station, Coimbatore via road taxi.
Eligibility For Admission To The Course
A candidate shall be eligible for admission to the course leading to the Degree of Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Provided:
- The candidate who have undergone 10+2+3 (15) or 11+1+3 (15) pattern of study and passed the X and XII examinations conducted by the respective State Board or CBSE or any other recognized Board of Education / Examination and UG Degree examination of the UGC approved Universities in any one of the school subjects offered by the Directorate of School Education at the Secondary /Higher Secondary Education level.
- Candidates who have passed the UG or PG degree in Open University System without qualifying in 11 years SSLC examination and I year of Pre-University Course (PUC) examination or 10+2 pattern of school education examination shall not be considered for admission.
- However, candidates not qualified in XII examination or PUC but possessing Two Years Bachelor Preparatory Programme Certificate / Two years Foundation Course Certificate / TwoYears Diploma Course conducted by State Government/ recognized Universities and qualified with three years UG Degree course are also considered to be eligible for admission.
- Candidates who have studied more than one main subject in Part III (under Double / Triple Major System) of UG Degree course should have to choose only one of the main subjects and should have applied for that Optional only. In such cases, marks obtained by the candidates in Two / Three major subjects shall be taken into account to arrive percentage of marks stipulated in item (viii).
- Candidates who have passed under Double Degree / Additional Degree Programme with less than three years duration are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates who have qualified in PG Degree (5 year integrated course) under 10+2+5 or 11+1+5 pattern of study shall be considered for admission. In such cases, the marks obtained by the candidates in the first three years (in major and ancillary / allied subjects alone) of the course alone shall be taken into account for admission .
- a) Candidates who have done their UG degree in Applied Mathematics can apply for Mathematics
- b) Candidates who have done their UG degree in Applied Physics, Geo-Physics, Bio- Physics and Electronics can apply for Physical Science.
- c) Candidates who have done their UG degree in Biochemistry and Applied Chemistry can apply for Physical Science.
- d) Candidates who have done their UG degree in Biotechnology, Plant Biology and Plant Biotechnology can apply for Biological Science.
- e) Candidates who have done their UG degree in Environmental Science and Micro-Biology can apply for Biological Science.
- f) Candidates who have done their UG degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and Computer Applications etc., can apply for Computer Science.
- (viii) Candidates with the following marks in the Bachelor's Degree are eligible for admission to the course other
- Note: (a) Marks obtained by the candidates in UG degree course Part III Major and Allied including Practicals (other than Economics, Commerce, Home Science, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Logic and Indian Culture) alone shall be taken into account to arrive at the percentage of marks mentioned above.
- (b) Marks obtained by the candidates in PG degree (other than Economics) shall not be considered for admission.
- (c) To arrive at above percentage of marks, the marks obtained by the candidates in Major and Allied subjects including Practicals alone shall be taken into account.
- (d) Rounding off of marks to the next higher integer will not be permitted.
- (ix) Candidates who have passed PG Degree in Economics, Commerce, Home Science, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Logic and Indian Culture without undergoing 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 pattern of education shall not be considered for admission.
- (x) In the case of Physically or Visually Challenged candidates, a minimum pass in the degree is enough.
- (xi) Post graduate candidates in Economics, Commerce, Home Science, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Logic and Indian Culture with 50% (irrespective of their UG mark) of marks in PG Degree or in the interdisciplinary subjects which are being declared equivalent by the respective University can apply.
However, the basis of selection shall be in accordance with the Regulations of the University / Government of Tamil Nadu Guidelines for admission to B.Ed course in force from time to time.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone : 0422-2369401
Fax : 0422 2627196
Email : [email protected]