Dayanand College was established in 1833 and it is affiliated to Maharishi Dayanand University, Ajmer. The College functions under the D.A.V. College Management Committee, New Delhi. The College has received recognition under 12 B from UGC in 1962.
The college having grand and classical architectural design and layout is built in Jodhpur stone, the main building being silhouetted against the Aravallis on one side and with the backdrop of the vast grassy pastures and paddocks, on the other is something that allures and fascinates anyone who ever and whenever visits the institution. The college is also previleged to have a well equipped multi-station gym, along with 25 mtrs swimming pool, football, hockey and cricket playgrounds, badminton and lawn tennis courts and 400 mtrs cinder track and so on and so forth. The college has vast agricultural fields along with dairy farms with number of cattles. The library has more than 2.5 lac books and journals duly preserved in open shelves in the access of each and every one is something the college takes great pride. The P.G. departments of various subjects successfully conduct Ph.D. and M.Phil programs and quality researches are being churned out every year. Till date about 88 Ph.D. scholars have be awarded their degrees in various faculties and at present more than 65 scholars are engaged in pursuing their doctoral dissertations. The members of faculty to their credit have more than 50 research articles published in various national and international refreed journals, alongwith several books and monographs.