About DAV Velankar College of Commerce, [DAVVCC] Solapur
Dayanand Anglo-Vedic College Trust and Management Society, New Delhi established Dayanand Institutions, Solapur in June 1940 to celebrate the victory of Satyagraha launched by Arya Samaj against the atrocities and social discrepancies committed by the then ruler of Hyderabad. It is one of the oldest and renowned educational institutions in this part of our country.
Dayanand Anglo-Vedic College Trust and Management Society, New Delhi established D.A.V. Velankar College of Commerce, Solapur in June 1952. In the beginning, the college was affiliated to Bombay University. However, with the establishment of Poona University, it came under its jurisdiction and then it came to be affiliated to Shivaji University, Kolhapur; since its inception in 1962 and since July 2004, it is affiliated to Solapur University, Solapur.
Dayanand Institution of Solapur is spread over an area of 63 acres of land, shared by other three sister concern colleges, with impressive and magnificent buildings, libraries and extensive playgrounds with required amenities. The institute has an Open Air Theatre for hosting cultural and other events with a sitting capacity of 7000 students. It has a spacious multi-purpose Velankar Hall. It has well equipped Air conditioned Seminar Hall. A Boys Hostel with a facility for 370 boarders and a Hostel for Ladies having a facility for 60 incumbents, a canteen, a ladies room, a Dispensary, a Post Office, and a branch of Punjab National Bank with ATM facility are some of the unique features of the institution.
To provide quality education to all at affordable cost with special focus on economically backward and socially deprived students creating contributive environment for research and bringing everyone into the main stream of the society for brighter and progressive India.
- To create conducive environment for quality commerce and Management education.
- To become a leader in promoting education for all the sections of the society from the city and mofussil area.
- To prepare students and the staff members for periodic assessments as a part of scope for further development and also make them aware about environment, gender equality and social as well as cultural sustenance.
- To impart job oriented commerce and management education useful to the industry and society.
- To promote research, innovation, training and consultancy applicable and useful to the industry and society.
- To establish collaboration with various and relevant institutions to upgrade the knowledge and for better service to stakeholders.
- To strive for excellence in teaching-learning process, all-round development of the students.
- To generate equal opportunities for economically backward and socially deprived students especially for girl students.
- To establish interaction and collaborate with industry and strengthen community network.
- To develop research culture among the staff and students.
- To create social awareness through NCC and NSS activities.