About Bir Bikram Memorial College, Agartala
The present Bir Bikram Memorial College, was established on 19th August, 1969 as Bir Bikram Evening College with Dr. S. B. Gupta, as the first Principal of the college, basically, to cater the needs of the education-starving students who were not in the position to prosecute their studies in the existing day colleges of the state due to myriad reasons. As the teaching learning time of the college was from 3PM to 9PM, the institution was not only a fore-runner in the college education of this nature to start its functioning with more than 300 students at the premises of Maharaja Bir Bikram College but a unique one with its 'mission' - to stride towards raising the level to higher education. The state government was to establish the college with a vision to create a stable learning environment in the state in higher education sector so that moral and spiritual development of the individual takes place for achievement of purest possible attitude in order to build a developed state and a strong nation.
On 26 December,2002, the college started a new journey shifting its establishment from the house of M.B.B College to a new location at College Tilla, in the premises of old Tripura University building with a new name - Bir Bikram Memorial College to fulfill the need of the hour. With the change of the location , the college was converted into a co-education college from the very year.
- Department of Bengali
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Economics
- Department of Education
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of History
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Sanskrit
- Department of Political Science
- Department of English
- Department of Hindi
1. A candidate taking TDC Course for B. A. /B. Sc. Degree under 1+1+1 System shall have to undergo with any three subjects, subject to the college restrictions. Foundation course is compulsory for each and every student of all streams.
2. For Honours in any subject a candidate, (i) must obtain 40% marks in aggregate and 45% marks in the relevant subject, OR (ii) must obtain 35% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in the relevant subject, OR (iii) must obtain 50% marks in aggregate for applying for a new subject not studied in H.S.(+2stage).
3. There is no marks bar for SC / ST applicants, seeking admission in Honours course against SC / ST reserved Seats/Quota.
4. A candidate who appeared but could not obtain pass marks in any subject at the H.S. (+2stage) examination will not be allowed to take up that subject in the Degree course.
5. An applicant will not be allowed to take Honours in any subject in which he/she passed in Compartmental Examination.
6. Any two of the following subjects will lead to B.Sc. degree: Economics /Defense Studies /Mathematics.
7. An applicant seeking admission to B.Com. (honours) course: (i) Must have secured at least 45% marks in Mathematics at the Madhyamik, (ii) Must have passed Mathematics in H. S.(+2 stage) or its equivalent Examination. OR,(iii) Must have passed in two Commerce papers – one of which must be either Business Economics including Business Economics or Accountancy or both in H.S. (+2stage) or its equivalent Examination.
8. Choice of combinations, however, is subject to University / College regulation.
9. A student should be considered eligible for admission to the 1st. year of the TDC in B.A./B.Sc/B.Com provided that he/she has passed the H.S/(+2stage) Examination or an examination considered equivalent thereto with at least 5 (five) subjects of which not more than two shall be vernacular subjects.
10. Preference to admission will be given to fresh candidates passed in the current year. Admission for the candidates passed back to the current year will be limited by the availability of seats.
11. Admission will be offered on the basis of merit.
12. Reservation for SC / ST. will be governed by State Government Reservation policy for both Pass and Honours Courses.
13.Applicant, who has represented the State in national Level in any Sports/Athletic event or who has become champion in State Level meet(s) is only eligible for Sports Quota.
14.Application Forms which are not duly filled-in or incomplete
Admisison Form : http://www.bbmc.nic.in/documents/admission_form.pdf
For more details about admission please contact :-
Fax : 251-6437
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org