About Balurghat College, [BC] Dakshin Dinajpur
Balurghat College, Dakshin Dinajpur was established in 1948, as an intermediate liberal arts college, with 96 students in the tin-sheds of Balurghat High School under the Calcutta University on the initiative of the large hearted educationists of the town who took regular classes in the afternoon. In 1949, the College was shifted to the present site in the vacant Muslim Hostels of Balurghat School along with its land that was purchased by the College at a cost of Rupees forty thousand only. North Bengal University accepted the college as a constituent college in 2003. Presently the College is affiliated under University of Gaur Banga from the academic year 2008. Today, the college has grown into a degree college of over 3000 student, with undergraduate education in Arts, Sciences and Commerce.
Balurghat College, West Bengal, envisions a life-oriented education that empowers the students through a humanizing and liberating process, to be agents of transformation and development at different levels of life. Enabled and empowered, they respond pro-actively to concerns and conflicts inherent in today’s reality, especially those of women and persons who are unable to exercise their freedom to be human, and work for the integrity of creation.
- To promote a value based education.
- To contributed to the transformation of society through being socially conscious and responsible.
- To promote inter-cultural and inter-religious harmony and concern for the human family.
- To facilitate leadership among the students enabling them to proactively involve themselves in social liberation.
- To provide quality, integral, vocational and career oriented education and create a climate for human and educational excellence.
- To work towards the integrity of creation and foster interconnectedness, kinship and eco-justice.
Admission Procedure :-
Admission is made strictly on the basis of merit as per university norms.
- A students seeking admission must apply to the principal in the printed from. The printed from and prospectus are available from the college office on payment within the specified date notified by the principal.
- No application shall be entertained on the expiry of the notified date.
- Admit card and Madhyamik examination, Mark sheet of High Secondary examination in original along with their attested photo copies for official verifications are be submitted at the time of admission.
- Student from the other Board must submit Migration Certificate in original at the time of admission or within three month of admission on specific permission of the Principal/teacher in charge.
- From, not properly filled in may be accepted at all.
- Any malpractice in filling in the form will be considered an offence and disqualification for admission.
- Students applying for Honours Course in Arts, Science and Commerce will be admitted according to university regulation.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone No : 03522 - 271465
Fax : 03522 - 255392
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org