About Awadhoot Bhagwan Ram PG College, Sonbhadra
Sonebhadra is the largest tribal area of Uttar Pradesh. First time in history, the Saint Awadhoot Singh Shawak Ram Ji dreamt to establish the firmed pillars of higher education for socio-economically disadvantaged sections of the tribal society of Sonebhadra district. Awadhoot Bhagwan Ram Post Graduate College was established in 1990 by Saint Awadhoot Singh Shawak Ram Ji in the name of his Guru Awadhoot Bhagwan Ram Ji. With start of 116 students, today the College caters the needs of higher education of over 2200 students augmenting the socio-economic development of local population and coming from diverse economic, social and geographical backgrounds of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand. The college runs 19 undergraduate and 6 post graduate programmes. The college has kept itself abreast of changes in the contemporary scenario and introduced more job-oriented programmes like the faculty of B.C.A., B.B.A., B.F.A. and B.Ed. The academic programs followed in the college are structured to be in line with the college’s goals and objectives. The institution forms an academic calendar that specifies the duration of the Semesters, date of term exams, workshops, seminars and Extra Curricular Activities.
The college has developed a set-up with some of the institutions and industries for effective operationalisation of the curriculum. Students of BCA/BBA final years are sent to the surrounding industries for their end semester project works and industrial visits. The college is situated in industrial belt which provides ample opportunities to our students of science and commerce stream. Anpara Thermal Power Plant, NTPC- Shaktinagar, Hindalco, NCL and tens of other industrial units absorb these students. The placement cell at college plays a vital role in this way. The experts and scholars from different universities and institutions are invited throughout the year. Students of IT & Management continuously interact with various industry experts on different issues in IT & management and this has benefited them to explore their hidden talents.
ABRPGC has always actively responded to the momentous issue of our society and socio-political environment of the world. To integrate the cross cutting issue like gender , climate change , environmental education , human rights ,ICT etc. positively into the curriculum, the college has established Women Cell, Anti-Ragging Cell, Grievance Redressal Cell etc.
Awdhoot Bhagwan Ram Post Graduate College is a pioneering institution of co-education with a vision of empowering rural and disadvantaged section of the society through higher education that combines emerging global trends with value based nurturing of enlightened young generation.
• To aspire and strive for excellence in higher education for imparting knowledge to students coming from diverse conditions and developing them for a social change.
• To emerge as a center of academic excellence and research.
• To make quality higher education available to all the people irrespective of religion, caste, class, creed or sex.
• To make available the facility of higher education to all socioeconomically disadvantaged sections of the society.
• To inculcate moral value of good citizens, national spirit and respect for our culture, scientific temperament and retained thinking among our our students.
• To develop learned and skilled man power in the society.
• To focus personality development of each student through development of positive attitude, leadership qualities and self-awareness.