AVC College of Engineering Admission
Eligibility criteria at AVC College of Engineering, [AVCCE] Nagapattinam
Eligibility criteria for B.Tech, M.Tech:
- Candidates seeking admission for B.E/B.Tech Degree Program should have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (HSC) Curriculum (Academic Stream) prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as three of the four subjects of study under Part-III or any examination of any other University or authority accepted by the Syndicate of Anna University as equivalent thereto.
- The candidate should have passed the Higher Secondary Examination of Vocational stream (Vocational group in Engineering Technology) as prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- The candidate should possess the Diploma in Engineering / Technology awarded by the State Board of Technical Education, Tamil Nadu or any other authority accepted by the syndicate of the University as equivalent thereto in the case of M.Tech.
- The candidates who possess the Diploma in Engineering / Technology awarded by the State Board of Technical Education and training, are eligible for admission to the third semester of the B.E./B.Tech. Degree Program in affiliated colleges through lateral entry system.
- The eligibility criteria such as marks, the number of attempts and physical fitness and the mode of admission shall be prescribed by the Syndicate of the University from time to time.
Eligibility criteria for MBA:
- A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration.
- The candidate must have obtained at least 50% (45% in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree exam.
- 10+2+3 years pattern (or)
- 10+3 years Diploma +3 years pattern (or)
- B.E / B.Tech / B.Arch / B.Pharm (or)
- 10+2 + AMIE* (or) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE
Eligibility criteria for MCA:
- A candidate must be pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration with mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate level.
- The candidate must have obtained at least 50% (45% in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree exam
- 10+2+3 / 4 years Pattern (or)
- 10+3 years diploma + 3 years Pattern
- 10+2 + AMIE (or) 0+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE
Application Process at AVC College of Engineering, [AVCCE] Nagapattinam
Application Process for B.Tech, MBA, MCA, M.Tech:
- Log on to the official website of the entrance exam.
- The candidate must pay the application fees.
- The candidate must register and submit the application form online with necessary documents.
- Save the filled in application form for future reference.
- Avoid making mistakes while filling in the details of the application form.
Admission process at AVC College of Engineering, [AVCCE] Nagapattinam
Admission Process for B.Tech, MBA, MCA, M.Tech:
Candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Native candidates who have studied VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std. including Diploma in Tamil Nadu, need not enclose the "Nativity Certificate".
- Candidates who have passed any of the VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std. or their equivalent Examination from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu, should enclose a copy of the "Nativity Certificate" (vide certificate No. I) with the application for considering them as candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu.
- Applications without proper Nativity Certificate for item 3.1 (A) (ii) will not be considered.
Candidates belonging to Other State (eligible for Open Competition only)
- Other State candidates who have studied VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std. in Tamil Nadu, need not enclose the "Nativity Certificate
- Children of Central Government Employees otherwise not domicile of Tamil Nadu may also apply for admission, irrespective of their domicile, provided their parents or guardians (only if both parents are not alive) have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past FIVE YEARS at the time of submission of application which should be supported by enclosing a certificate from the employer of the parent or guardian, to that effect.
- Sons/daughters of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre Officers otherwise not native of Tamil Nadu are eligible.
- Children of Employees in Public Sector or Government recognised Institutions who at the time of submission of application for admission employed in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years may also apply, irrespective of their domicile, provided a certificate from the employer is enclosed along with the application that the person is a Permanent Employee of the Firm or Institution concerned with evidence like Income Tax return, PF Slip, etc. and is working in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past FIVE YEARS. Applications without proper Employer Certificate or without Nativity Certificate for the sub-clause (ii), (iii) and mentioned above will not be considered.
- The candidates mentioned in subclause (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) are eligible for Open Competition only.
Admission Process for MBA, MCA:
- The selection shall be made on the basis of the marks secured in the TANCET MBA 2022. If there is a tie (same marks obtained in TANCET 2022 by more than one candidate) while preparing the rank list, the candidates will be ranked as per following inter-se merit rules:
- The average percentage of marks from first semester/year to N-1 semesters/years in the qualifying Degree examination where N is the total no. of semesters/years in the qualifying examination.
- Date of Birth (Candidates elder will be given preference)
- The average percentage of marks from first semester/year to (N-n) semesters/years in the qualifying degree examination and n varies for 2 to N-1 for consecutive levels of tie-breaking (Candidates with higher percentage will be ranked above.
- Candidates have to produce the graduation or Bachelor’s Degree mark sheet and Pass Certificates during counselling procedure.
- Candidates are informed that the allotment given in the counselling is only provisional.
- In accordance with rules prescribed for admission, if they are found ineligible on actual verification of original certificates by the Principal / Directorate of Technical Education, they cannot claim any right for admission or continuation of study at whatever stage of study they may be.