About Asian Workers Development Institute, [AWDI] Rourkela
Asian Workers Development Institute (AWDI), Rourkela was established in 1980. It is a constituent part of Bastia Memorial Trust (BMT), the college has been approved by AICTE and Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India and affiliated to Sambalpur University (Orissa) and aims to provide high quality of education. It is promote to research activities in the institute and turn the institute into an International Labor University of highest standard and excellence.
The Asian Workers Development Institute enters the 30th year of its existence. During this long journey the institute with its quality teaching, training & research has served the community & contributed to social development.
The management of the institute puts enormous on professional education as professionals dominate the global business scenario. Our campus has a tradition of healthy educational climate, peace & tranquillity. Utmost care is taken to maintain a balance between curricular &co curricular activities for all round development of the students. Seminar, workshop & personality development programs are regular feature of this institute. Rich infrastructure, in campus hostel (both ladies & gents), departmental canteen, E-library, system Laboratory with ample internet & above all excellent placement record has always attracted students to this institute.
Inspite of mushrooming of institutes offering management education, it has been estimated that India would experience a dearth of competent managers for quite some time. The process of liberalization sweeping the country has already opened up new vistas and opportunities for management students who are properly equipped to meet the challenges of the future. Asian Workers Development Institute seeks to bridge this gap between the requirement and availability of competent managers not only within the state but also all over the country and abroad. The promoting organization, the Bastia Memorial Trust (BMT), which was set-up by the veteran freedom fighter and reputed parliamentarian, Late Surendra Nath Dwivedy, has pledged to extend all possible support for this noble cause.
- To put-up a huge building to perpetuate the memory of Late Dhuleswar Bastia.
- To establish Labor and Research Library for general purpose.
- To establish workers training center and other allied institutions for spread of education of all including the weaker section of the society and workmen belonging to the Agriculture of the Industry.
- To introduce different professional courses and impart quality education and training to the students which will go a long way in nation building.
- To promote research activities in the institute and turn the institute into an International Labor University of highest standard and excellence.
- Ceaseless and quality performance for achieving excellence.
- Let the divine power bless our students to fulfil the dreams of their life.