Masters in Marketing in Canada are offered as 2-year programs in specializations like digital marketing, social media marketing, marketing analytics & more.
Masters in Marketing in Canada are offered as 2-year programs in the form of two types of degree programs. One is a Marketing MBA which is a specialized professional course and the other is an MSc in Marketing in Canada which is a research-based program. A Masters in Marketing in Canada is a specialized degree program that equips students for real-world challenges in the area of marketing.
The masters in marketing Canada fees are around $40,000 per annum. Both university-specific and government-funded scholarships ranging from 7,500 USD to 16,500 USD are available for international students enrolled in MSc in Marketing program.
Table of Contents
- Top Universities for Masters in Marketing in Canada
- Eligibility Criteria for Masters in Marketing in Canada
- Documents Required for Masters in Marketing in Canada
- Cost of Studying Masters in Marketing in Canada
- Masters in Marketing Scholarships in Canada for International Students
- Difference Between MSc in Marketing and MBA in Marketing
- Masters in Marketing in Canada Syllabus
- Jobs after MSc in Marketing and MBA in Marketing in Canada
Top Universities for Masters in Marketing in Canada
Digital marketing, marketing communications, marketing analytics, marketing management, and social media marketing are a few popular masters in marketing courses in Canada. Some of the best universities in Canada for masters in marketing are tabulated below:
QS World University Rankings
MSc in Marketing
Master of Marketing (MMKG)
MSc in Marketing
MSc in Marketing
MSc in Marketing and Consumer Studies
MSc in Marketing (Management)
MPP in Digital Society
MSc in Marketing
Eligibility Criteria for Masters in Marketing in Canada
Work experience is not mandatory for getting into an MS in Marketing in Canada. However, having relevant work experience is always an added advantage for students looking to pursue MBA in Marketing. Shown below are the eligibility criteria for MS in Marketing in Canada:
- GMAT/ GRE scores: A GMAT score is required for MBA programs in Canada. Students applying for MSc programs can provide their GRE scores but this may differ from university to university
- A bachelor's degree (preferably a 4-years degree) from a recognized educational institution
- Relevant GPA score (varies for different universities)
Documents Required for Masters in Marketing in Canada
International students can apply for admission to masters in marketing Canada via the official website of the respective university. Listed below are the documents required for masters in marketing in Canada:
- Official academic transcripts
- Updated CV/ resume
- GMAT/ GRE test scores
- Personal statements
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL/ IELTS/ PTE
- Reference letters (for MBA programs)
- Work experience (if any)
Cost of Studying Masters in Marketing in Canada
The overall cost of studying masters in marketing in Canada covers the living expenses and the study costs. The cost of studying MSc in Marketing in Canada is Rs 17.79 Lakh for the first year and the average first-year living expenses are Rs 5.43 Lakh. The living costs may vary for different students based on their lifestyle and the city in which they are pursuing their studies from.
Masters in Marketing Scholarships in Canada for International Students
International students willing to pursue MSc in Marketing in Canada can avail of merit-based scholarships ranging from $7,500 to $16,500. Some of the popular scholarship options available to study Marketing in Canada are mentioned below:
- John Molson School of Business at Concordia University: $7,500 awarded to MSc students annually
- Ontario Graduate Scholarships (OGS): Awarded to students who demonstrate excellence in graduate studies at publicly-assisted universities in Ontario. It is jointly funded by the Ontario government and participating institutions
- BBM Scholarship: Awarded to the development of individuals in research which will be beneficial for the Canadian broadcasting industry
- Queen’s University, Smith School of Business: Offers $16,500 across 3 terms to students enrolled for a full-time course in MSc in Marketing in Canada.
Difference Between MSc in Marketing and MBA in Marketing
Getting admission into an MSc in Marketing is easier as compared to an MBA in Marketing in Canada. The MSc in Marketing program is more research-driven and is designed for students who wish to study doctoral (PhD) studies to pursue a career in academia. It covers in-depth research on consumer behaviour, consumer persuasion, brand management, and branding. The expected starting salary for an MSc in Marketing graduate in Canada is around 60,000 USD to 110,000 USD.
MBA Marketing is more popular among international students who wish to go to the best colleges for MBA in Marketing in Canada. This program covers topics such as branding, advertising, digital marketing, and market research. The expected starting salary for an MBA Marketing graduate in Canada is around 40,000 USD to 100,000 USD
Masters in Marketing in Canada Syllabus
The MS in Marketing curriculum includes the core fundamentals of marketing. It covers consumer behaviour, marketing management, preparing a marketing strategy, product management, advertising, and digital marketing. Other electives may include branding, retail marketing, and business-to-business analysis.
Jobs after MSc in Marketing and MBA in Marketing in Canada
A masters in marketing in Canada provides graduates with ample knowledge and skills about marketing. Graduates can work as brand managers or go into advertising, marketing, promotion, and public relations. The average salary for a graduate is around CAD 70,000 after completing a masters in marketing Canada. Listed below are some of the job profiles for marketing graduates in Canada:
- Marketing Manager
- Sales Manager
- Market Research Analyst
- Advertising and Promotions Manager
- Brand Manager
- Operations Manager
- Market Analyst
- Marketing Director
- Marketing Channel Strategist
- How much is Marketing Masters in Canada?
- Masters in Marketing in Canada costs around $40,000 a year. For Indian students, the cost is around 29 Lakhs a year.