List of some cheapest universities in Canada for international students 2022. Find more details about the tuition fees, acceptance rate & other related costs.
International students can pursue higher education from a cheapest university in Canada that offers high-quality education and globally recognized degrees. There are several low tuition fee universities in Canada for international students. The overall cost of attendance at the cheapest university in Canada also depends on the location of the university and the living costs of the students in addition to low tuition fees. Some of the cheap colleges in Canada for international students, along with details of their tuition fees, living costs, and scholarships available for international students are explained below.
Cheap Universities in Canada for International Students 2022
International students willing to study in Canada can apply to some of the best as well as the cheapest universities in Canada. These universities offer the cheapest courses in Canada both at undergraduate and graduate levels. Some of the most affordable universities in Canada for international students are listed below:
- Brandon University
- Universite de Saint-Boniface
- University of Guelph
- Canadian Mennonite University
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- University of Northern British Columbia
- Simon Fraser University
- University of Calgary
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Regina
Tuition Fees for International Students in Canada
Canada is home to some of the top universities in the world offering degree courses in several disciplines. The low tuition fee universities in Canada offer quality education that is comparable to the education offered at some of the best universities in Canada. The cheapest university in Canada has low tuition fees as well as a low cost of living for international students. Given below are some of the universities offering lowest tuition fees in Canada for international students at both undergraduate and graduate levels:
Universities Offering the Cheapest Bachelor’s Degree in Canada
The average tuition fee of the cheapest university in Canada for international students pursuing an undergraduate degree is given below:
|University Name||Average Tuition Fees|
|Universite de Saint-Boniface||$7,428|
|University of Guelph||$9,730|
|Canadian Mennonite University||$10,003|
|Memorial University of Newfoundland||$11,460|
Universities Offering the Cheapest Master’s Degree in Canada
The average tuition fee of the cheapest university in Canada for international students pursuing a graduate degree is given below:
|University Name||Average Tuition Fees|
|University of Northern British Columbia||$3,297|
|Simon Fraser University||$3,743|
|University of Calgary||$3,693|
|University of Saskatchewan||$4,358|
|University of Regina||$6,427|
Cost of Living in Canada for International Students
The cost of living in Canada as a student is much more affordable than in most countries. The living costs vary based on the location of the university in Canada. International students should be able to cover the basic tuition costs and should have an additional $10,000 to be able to sustain in Canada. The proof of financial support should be submitted while applying for the Canada study visa. The cost of living is not too much if the student is enrolled in the least costing university in Canada. The overall cost of attendance in Canada for international students and the related factors on which it depends are given below:
- Accommodation Charges: The cost of living in Canada majorly depends on the accommodation type chosen by the student. Different types of accommodation available are Student residences, apartments, and on-campus housing. The average cost of accommodation comes up to $4000- $8000 per year, and it largely depends on the university location and province.
- Food and Dining Costs: The expenses for food and dining come next to the accommodation charges. It mainly depends on students' eating habits and living standards. On average, a student spends $1500- $3000 every year on food and dining.
- Transportation Costs: The students enrolled in various universities have to travel to different campuses, go out on study tours, or travel around the city. The cost of the monthly commute pass ranged between $80-$110 per month. Students can also use a bike or avail of cab and taxi services for commutation.
- Other Related Costs: This includes all the other costs such as personal expenses, basic utility costs, books, insurance, and other miscellaneous expenses. The books and other supplies cost around $1000-$2000 per year, and another $1000-$2000 is needed for clothing and other miscellaneous expenses. The cost for basic utilities comes up to $150 per month and internet charges are up to $70 per month.
Scholarships in Canada for International Students
Canada is known for its top-notch education system and good quality of life that attracts international students. It has several affordable universities offering programs and courses with low tuition fees. However, financial aid is also provided by the different universities for the students based on their needs and merit. Many government and private organizations offer scholarships at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Both need-based and merit-based scholarships are available for international students. Some of the scholarships in Canada are:
- University of Toronto Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- University of Alberta International Scholarships
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- University of Waterloo Master’s Awards of Excellence
- University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students
- Carleton Prestige Scholarships
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships
- Canada Graduate Scholarships - Master’s Program
- NSERC Postgraduate Scholarship
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships