Tamil Nadu 11th State Board Biology Important Questions
Updated on - Apr 01st, 2021 | 03:07 PM by Raghavendra Kumar Yadav
Tamil Nadu State Board's class 11th Biology is a combined study of animals and plants. It is further divided into two subjects - Botany and Zoology. Botany primarily deals with studying different types of plants and understanding plant ecology that influences science, medicine, and farming sectors. On the other hand, Zoology is the study of different species of animals that exist within the animal kingdom's entirety.
Table of Contents
- Class 11th State Board Botany important questions
- Class 11th State Board Zoology important questions
|â TN SSLC Syllabus||â TN HSC Syllabus|
Class 11th State Board Botany Important Questions
Botany covers a vast area that helps to analyze specific topics within by focusing on building the fundamentals. Some of the primary units that the 11th state board botany subject focuses on are Diversity of the Living World, Plant Morphology and Taxonomy of Angiosperm, Cell Biology and Biomolecules, and Plant Anatomy Physiology. A few critical topics based on specific concepts from the prescribed textbook have been handpicked and provided below for revision.
- Why are Monosaccharides called ‘reducing sugars’ but disaccharides are not?
- Name the two phases of the cell cycle, which last for the longest and shortest hours.
- Write a specific feature of the membrane of mitochondria.
- Give two examples of secondary metabolites used as drugs.
- Bryophytes need water for fertilization’ – Justify the statement.
- Write any three distinguishing features between the accessory and reproductive organs of flowers.
- Explain the regions of the positively geotropic part of the plant.
- Compare the three classes of algae-based on the following parameters-.
- (a) Major pigment.
- (b) Stored food.
- (c) Number of flagella and their position of insertion.
- At the end of a cell division, a cell produces four cells. Identify the type of cell division and mention its significance in evolution.
- Identify the family of the plant Pisum Sativum. Write diagnostic features based on-
- (a) Calyx (b) Corolla (c) Androecium (d) Gynoecium (e) Fruit
- Explain the different types of placentation with a diagram.
- Explain the Dihybrid cross with checkerboard.
- Explain the potato osmoscope. Experiment with diagrams.
- Write short notes on deforestation.
- Explain the Ultrastructure of Chloroplast.
The topics mentioned above only act as additional revision material for students and should be read through only after going through the entire textbook and syllabus prescribed by the Tamil Nadu state board. The link to download the Tamil Nadu State Board 11th botany textbook has also been provided in the table below for students' convenience.
|Tamil Nadu State Board 11th Botany Textbook - Volume I||Class 11th Botany - I|
|Tamil Nadu State Board 11th Botany Textbook - Volume II||Class 11th Botany - II|
11th State Board Zoology Important Questions
Some of the essential topics from all chapters present within the prescribed textbook have been provided below to help students effectively revise while preparing for their final examination. These topics only act as sources of additional revision mechanisms for students after thoroughly reading through the textbooks and school notes.
- Expand the abbreviations DAISY and ABIS.
- Compare schizocoelomate with enterocoelomate?
- List any two characteristics of Hemichordate.
- How emphysema occur?
- Write the significance of the following. i. Microvilli ii. Goblet cells.
- Explain what the deficiency disease caused by less intake of iron in our diet is called?
- List out the diagnostic features of phylum Ctenophora.
- Write the systematic positions of cockroach and frog.
- Construct a cladogram with the given examples. (Catfish, Frog, Crocodile, Crow, Rabbit, and Monkey)
- Tabulate the agglutinogens and agglutinins present in the different groups of human blood.
- How do you distinguish shark fish from catfish?
- Write an account of protein-energy malnutrition.
- Add a note on the role of pancreatic enzymes in protein digestion.
- Write a note on respiratory pigments.
- What are the components involved in the coagulation of blood?
A download link to the Tamil Nadu class 11th Zoology textbook has also been provided below for students.
|Tamil Nadu State Board 11th Zoology Textbook - Volume I||Class 11th Zoology - I|
|Tamil Nadu State Board 11th Zoology Textbook - Volume II||Class 11th Zoology - II|