Australia is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. It has scenic beauty that attracts not only tourists but also students who are willing to grab the opportunity to study in the topmost universities here. The universities of Australia inhabit many international students by offering various services and facilities and encouraging them to not only excel in academics but also in every walk of life. These universities have different admission procedures but one thing that is similar among these universities is that every institution requires a student visa for Australia especially for international students.
The students applying for a student visa in Australia have certain requirements. But still as compared to other countries, getting a student visa is easier in Australia. Understudies needing to concentrate in Australia should meet certain necessities to fit the bill for a visa. Whenever you have been selected for a full-time concentrate course you can apply for a visa under Subclass 500. Australia visa tracking can be done online by using the reference number (VLN number) and date of birth details.
To obtain a Subclass 500 student visa in Australia, international students must :
- Must be of a minimum age of 6
- Proof of welfare arrangement, if you are less than 18 years old
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Enrollment of campus program
One needs to obtain an Australian Student Visa to be able to pursue higher studies. Australia visa fees change from time to time and are approximately AUD 620 for the subclass 500 student visa. The student must be able to prove to the Department of Home Affairs that they meet the following key Australian Student Visa requirements:
- English Proficiency requirements
- Health and Character requirements
- Financial requirements
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement
Genuine Temporary Entrant
The Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement says that the visa applicant must be able to demonstrate the genuine reason to stay in Australia temporarily. The decision-makers at the Department of Home Affairs will consider the following factors for providing GTE:
- Immigration history
- Value of the course chosen for study
- Circumstances in the home country
- Potential circumstances in Australia
- Previous academic transcripts
- Current employment status
Fundamental Rights Enjoyed by the Visa Candidates
The students applying for or having an Australian visa are eligible for certain rights. The Department of Home Affairs offers visas to international students to pursue an eligible course of study in Australia. Listed below are some of the fundamental rights the Australian visa entitles:
- Take a crack at a course and take an interest in a qualified course of study
- Carry your relatives to Australia if possible
- A candidate can apply for the visa online inside or outside Australia
- Travel to and fro in any country from Australia. Work for as long as 40 hours like clockwork once your course begins
- If the period of your stay is long then, you can apply for an expansion
- Before you present your visa application guarantee that you meet all the qualification prerequisites
Application Steps for Student Visa in Australia
International students can sometimes face difficulties while applying for an Australian visa. There are certain steps that one needs to follow while filling a visa form or an application form. Australia visa process takes significant time during the COVID-19 times. These steps make getting through the visa procedure easier. The steps for applying for an Australian visa include:
- Before you even present your application, you should initially accumulate the necessary documents
- A candidate should submit the documents for the verification of personality, character, and different reports demonstrating that you have satisfied the visa conditions
- Apply for the Australia visa online
- A candidate has confirmed their visa application by the specialists
- You will be informed of the result of your visa application
Requirements to Crack the Australia Visa for Indians
An Australian visa is offered to students who fulfill all the eligibility criteria. The applicant should meet both character and health requirements in addition to other general requirements to be able to get a student visa in Australia. Below are the requirements for an Australian visa application:
English language Test Clearance
When a candidate wants to apply for an abroad education and is trying to get a visa for a specific country, it becomes essential to clear your English language Test. If English isn't your local language, at that point you need to take an English language capability test. You need to take the IELTS test and keep the aftereffects of the tests prepared when you are making your visa application.
Confirmation of Enrollment [CoE] from the College/ University
Whenever you are chosen for a course, you will get an offer letter from the school. You should give a composed affirmation tolerating the offer and pay the educational expenses. Ensuing this you will get a Confirmation of Enrolment or CoE. This archive is needed to handle your visa application.
The handling time for your visa is generally a month. You can apply for the visa 124 days before the beginning of your course and you can venture out to the country 90 days before the initiation of your course.
If you have any wards, they can apply for a similar Subclass 500 visa. Regardless of whether they may not accompany you promptly, you should announce your wards in your visa application. Else, they may not be qualified for a needy visa later.
In case the students want to get their understudy visas, they should demonstrate that they have the assets to cover their course charges, travel, and living expenses. The student should have enough money to cover their living expenses in Australia for the duration of the course.
Students should present an endorsement to demonstrate that they have no criminal record. The applicant and his/ her family members over 16 years of age should be able to meet the character requirement. One should pass the character test and also remain of good character.
The visa applicant must have and maintain OSHC from an approved insurance provider in Australia and pay for the opted policy. This health insurance covers the full duration of stay in Australia. Health insurance is required for both the applicant and his/ her family members.
Important Documents Required for a Student Visa in Australia
Applying for a visa is all about documents and the subsequent stage is to make sure that you have all the required documents. The Australian visa application should incorporate the accompanying records:
- Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) endorsement
- Certified Temporary Entrant (GTE) explanation
- Monetary Requirements that you can support your examinations (assets to cover your return airfare, educational expenses, and an amount of AU$18,610 every year).
- Your English Proficiency test results
- Australian endorsed medical coverage cover
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) – endorsed by the Australian government, this health care coverage gives essential clinical and medical clinic cover
- Consequences of tests in the English language like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE on the off-chance that you are a non-local English speaker
- Shreds of evidence of money related methods for covering all extra costs during the time of the study
Other Options to Apply for a Visa
International applicants can apply for an Australia visa online by filling up the relevant form. He/ she should first find the right type of visa for their stay in Australia and then proceed to check their eligibility. Given below are some other ways through which international students can apply for an Australian visa
- Directly through the college/ university site
- By a neighborhood college
- By an outer specialist
- By the Visa embassy of your native country