Students who will qualify for the NEET 2021 exam can fill out the Maharashtra MBBS application form for 2021 through the online portal of the DMER Maharashtra. check more details about Maharashtra MBBS Admission through NEET Exam, NEET cutoff 2021, and NEET Merit list 2021.
Maharashtra MBBS admission 2021 is offered in both the private and public colleges and universities. The Directorate Medical Education and Research (DMER), Mumbai conducts admission to Maharashtra NEET 2021. Maharashtra MBBS/BDS admission is granted on a merit basis in NEET 2021 exam. Only candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be eligible to apply for Maharashtra MBBS admission 2021. The aspirant must qualify for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test - NEET entrance exam, which will be held on 1st August 2021. Students who will qualify NEET 2021 exam can fill out the Maharashtra MBBS application form 2021. In the following article, we discuss in detail all the information about Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2021 including the Eligibility Criteria, Application Process, selection process, and Documents Required for Maharashtra MBBS Admission.
List of Topics
- Maharashtra MBBS Admission Process
- Admission Important Points
- Application Process
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Fees
- Maharashtra MBBS Colleges
- NTA Guidelines
- Admission Documents Required
- Maharashtra MBBS Admission Checklist
- Maharashtra MBBS Admission Seat Reservation
- Entrance Exam Accepted
- Maharashtra MBBS Admission Cutoff
- About MBBS
|MAHARASHTRA MBBS ADMISSION 2021 HIGHLIGHTS|
|Admission name||Maharashtra MBBS admission|
|Admission based on||Scores obtained in NEET 2021|
|Examination authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Counseling body||Directorate Medical Education and Research|
|Total Maharashtra MBBS seats||8900|
Maharashtra MBBS Admission Process 2021
MBBS admission is done on the basis of the NEET examination. Candidates seeking MBBS admission 2021 in Colleges in Maharashtra will have to apply through the online portal to be considered for the seat allotment round under the state seat quota. Based on the NEET examination the candidates are shortlisted for all the colleges present in Maharashtra followed by Maharashtra MBBS/BDS 2021 counseling. Candidates are asked to fill in their preferences of colleges and courses during the counseling session. NTA NEET 2021 rank, seat matrix, and reservation along with their preferences of colleges, proceeding to admission to Maharashtra MBBS 2021 will take place.
MBBS Admission 2021 under NEET, 85% of the seats, will be filled by the NEET Maharashtra Merit list while the remaining 15% of seats will be filled by the All India Quota. Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will be responsible for filling the seats of the colleges present in Maharashtra that accept NEET exam scores.
Maharashtra MBBS Admission Important Points 2021
During the time of the Maharashtra MBBS Admission application, the following are some important extra points and documents to be retained as proof for future use:
- Printouts of the confirmation page of the online application should be kept saved.
- Proof of fee paid (i.e. bank transaction details supported by confirmation page), also needs to be saved by the applicant.
- At least 4-6 copies of identical passport size and 4-6 postcard size photos that were scanned and uploaded on the online application.
- A copy of the system generated Self Declaration in respect of candidates from the U.T of J&K who have opted for seats under the 15% All India Quota.
Maharashtra MBBS Application Process 2021
The candidate interested in pursuing MBBS from Maharashtra can register through the online portal of the Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER) Maharashtra. The candidates registering will get their individual credentials and they can fill in the counseling details required. On completion of the application form for Maharashtra MBBS admissions, the candidates will have to pay the application fees.
Maharashtra MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2021
There are certain eligibility criteria that must be followed by the medical colleges for Maharashtra MBBS admission. The following lists the main eligibility requirements for MBBS admission in Maharashtra.
- Candidates should be a domicile of Maharashtra state or staying in the state of Maharashtra for a minimum of 10 years.
- The candidates must have passed 12th or +2 successfully with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks secured.
- The Candidate belonging to the reserved category such as SC/ ST/ OBC should have a minimum of 40% in the qualifying examination.
- The candidate belonging to the General category and are applying under the PwD must have scored a minimum of 45% marks.
- The candidates applying must be a minimum of 17 years of age as of December 31st, 2021, or born on or before 31st December 2002.
- The Candidate seeking to pursue MBBS most importantly must pass the NEET examination with a valid score as per the college cut-offs.
Maharashtra MBBS Admission Application Fees 2021
Find below the amount to be paid during the Maharashtra MBBS admissions application.
|Maharashtra MBBS Admission Fees||INR 1000|
|Bank Challan Charges||INR 60|
Maharashtra MBBS Colleges
MBBS colleges in Maharashtra include both Government-owned and Private owned. Below mentioned are a few of the many colleges and universities that provide MBBS courses in Maharashtra.
- Armed Forces Medical Colleges: Pune
- Grant Medical College: Mumbai
- Government Medical College: Nagpur
- Symbiosis Medical College for Women: Pune
- Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences: Wardha
- Dr. D.Y Patil Medical College: Pune
- KJ Somaiya Medical College: Mumbai
- BJ Government Medical College: Pune
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Science
- Smt Kashibai Navale Medical College and General Hospital, [SKNMCAGH]: Pune
- ACPM Medical College, [AMC]: Dhule
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University, [KIMSU]: Satara
- Padmashree Dr. DY Patil University, [PDDYPU]: Mumbai
- Mahatma Gandhi Missions Medical College, [MGMMC]: Mumbai
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical College and Hospital: Sangli
- Indira Gandhi Medical College, [IGMC]: Nagpur
Maharashtra MBBS Admission NTA Guidelines 2021
NEET (UG) - 2021 will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses and other undergraduate medical courses in Medical/Dental along with other Colleges in Maharashtra. The following are some of the guidelines given by the NTA:
- Candidates must ensure that mobile numbers, e-mail IDs that are to b filled in the Online Application form are their own or their parents only. The NTA will communicate by SMS or e-mail on a given mobile number and email ID respectively.
- The NTA will not be responsible for any non-receipt of the latest information due to incorrect mobile number, e-mail ID, and address filled in the Online Application Form.
- The allotment of the Centre is made by computers and there is no human intervention. The allotted centers shall not be changed by the NTA.
- Candidates are advised to regularly visit the NTA website for the latest updates. NTA will communicate all instructions through the website only.
Maharashtra MBBS Admission Documents Required 2021
The Candidates applying must have certain documents that they have. These documents are very much important for the MBBS admission process part. These documents include:
- The candidate must have 10+2 marks sheets and certificates.
- A document for Age proof must be submitted.
- The candidates belonging to Maharashtra must have the Domicile certificates of Maharashtra.
- The candidates belonging to the reserved category must have a caste certificate.
- The candidates must have a valid scorecard for the NEET examination.
Maharashtra MBBS Admission Checklist 2021
All candidates interested in the Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2021 must ensure and double-check the following points in order to avoid any mistakes or confusion during the application procedure. Following are the checklist to keep in mind:
- Only one application should be submitted by a candidate.
- The registration of the NEET examination is done online only.
- The generation of the confirmation page confirms that the application has been submitted successfully after fee payment.
Maharashtra MBBS Admission Seat Reservation 2021
Following are the Maharashtra MBBS Admission Seat Reservation criteria:
|Category||Reservation in Government Colleges||Reservation in Private Unaided Institutions/Colleges|
|Nomadic Tribes (NT-1) NT-B||2.50%||1.25%|
|Nomadic Tribes (NT-2) NT-C||3.50%||1.75%|
|Nomadic Tribes (NT-3) NT-D||2%||1.00%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) including Special Backward Class (SBC)||19%||9.5|
|Person with Disability||5%||5%|
|Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Caste converts to Buddhism (SC)||13%||6.50%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7%||3.50%|
|Vimukta Jati (VJ) DT-A||3%||1.50%|
Entrance Exam Accepted for Maharasthra MBBS
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is an entrance examination for students who wish to study UG and PG medical courses (MBBS, MD, MS) and dental courses (BDS, MDS) in various government or private medical colleges and dental colleges in India. A candidate belonging to the open category must secure at least 50 percentile marks in NEET 2021. A candidate belonging to the constitutional and constitutional reservation and a person with disability(PH category) claim must secure at least 40 percentile whereas a person with disability candidate in the general category must secure at least 45 percentile marks in NEET 2021. For more information on cutoff criteria, refer to the next section in this article.
Maharashtra MBBS Cut Off 2021
The Commissionerate of Common Entrance Test (CET) will deliver the Maharashtra MBBS admission cut off 2021 after the fulfillment of the admission cycle. Maharashtra MBBS admission cut off 2021 is the position at which admission will be allowed to an applicant from a specific category. Maharashtra MBBS admission cut off 2021 will be delivered for 15% All India Quota (AIQ) seats and 85% state quantity seats, independently. Mentioned below is the percentile required for MBBS admission 2021 by various categories:
MBBS degree is an undergraduate degree for the aspirants who want to become a Doctor. MBBS degree is for the duration of five years and six months minimum, which includes the one-year internship that all the students are supposed to carry out. The various subjects taught at the MBBS are such as Anatomy, Pharmacology, pathology, Orthopaedics, Human Physiology, Ophthalmology, and many more.