Planning to start your career as a junior-level Engineer? The Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited conducts the UPPCL JE exam where candidates are recruited for the posts of Civil Engineer and Electrical Engineer in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Read more about the eligibility criteria, vacancies and other important details below.
- March 5, 2021: The admit card for the UPPCL JE 2021 Exam is released. The exam will be conducted on March 25, 2021.
- What is the UPPCL JE exam?
- UPPCL JE 2021 Exam Date
- UPPCL JE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- UPPCL JE 2021 Online Application Form
- UPPCL JE 2021 Exam Pattern
- UPPCL JE 2021 Syllabus
- UPPCL JE 2021 Exam Centres
- UPPCL JE 2021 Result
- UPPCL JE Vacancy
- Contact Details
What is UPPCL JE exam?
About UPPCL Exam: The Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) is a State Government organisation which is headquartered in Lucknow City. The UPPCL provides better reliable and cost-efficient electricity to every citizen in the state of UP. It was set up on January 14, 2000. The UPPCL JE is a state-level exam which is conducted once a year to recruit candidates for the Junior Engineer posts in Civil and Electrical engineering.
Roles and Responsibility: A Junior Engineer in UPPCL is responsible for many things. The set of roles and responsibilities of a UPPCL JE -Electrical Engineer is given below.
- Assigning the daily jobs/tasks to the line staff.
- Maintaining electrical power supply distribution lines and High Voltage Transmission Lines.
- Scheduling the maintenance of electrical lines and equipment.
- Taking up a field or office job based on the requirements of UPPCL.
- Managing and assigning the required workforce to repair each fault.
- Send the work/job report to the UPPCL Assistant Engineer.
In case of a UPPCL JE - Civil Engineer, the roles and responsibilities are given below
- Creating Project Blueprint and specifications
- Managing workflow of the projects
- Managing cost estimates
- Inspecting the construction sites daily
- Preparing daily project reports on time
Salary Pay: As per the 7th pay commission matrix, employees working as a Junior Engineer in UPPCL are entitled to a pay scale of INR 44,900.
UPPCL JE Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited Junior Engineer|
|Conducting authority||Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Posts Offered||Junior Engineer - Electrical Junior Engineer - Civil|
|Number of Vacancies||296 - Junior Engineer (Electrical) 31 - Junior Engineer (Civil)|
UPPCL JE 2021 Exam Date
The Junior Engineer - Civil exam and Junior Engineer - Electrical exam are conducted on different dates. The following table lists all the important dates of the UPPCL JE 2021 examination. Candidates must complete the application process before the deadline.
UPPCL JE Exam Date
Following are the important dates of UPPCL JE 2021 - Civil exam. The exam is expected to be conducted in Aug 25, 2021 (tentative).
|UPPCL JE Civil Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Application Form Start Date||Jun 23, 2021|
|Application Form Last Date||Jul 16, 2021|
|Application Form Last Date - Offline||
February 25, 2021
|Fee Payment Last Date||
Jul 16, 2021 (Online)
|Admit Card Release Date||Mar 5, 2021|
|UPPCL JE - Civil Exam Date||Aug 25, 2021|
UPPCL JE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for the UPPCL JE 2021 must ensure that they are eligible to appear before registering for the examination. The eligibility criteria for both Electrical and Civil Junior Engineer posts are different. The detailed criteria have been listed below.
Eligibility Criteria for JE - Electrical
Below are the eligibility criteria in terms of age limit, educational qualifications for Junior Engineer - Electrical post.
Age Limit: Candidate’s age should be between 18 years to 40 years as on January 01, 2021. Candidates belonging to the reserved category will have relaxation in the age limit.
Educational Qualifications: Candidates must have passed 3-year Diploma in Electrical Engineering awarded by Pravidhik Shiksha Parishad, Uttar Pradesh or equivalent which is recognised by the UP state government.
Candidates who have passed All India Diploma examination in Electrical Engineering conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) are also eligible for UPPCL JE - Electrical Post. Candidates should note that those who have been awarded Diploma through distance learning are not eligible for the post.
Language: Candidates must have a good knowledge of Hindi (Devnagri Script). If the candidate has not passed High School in Hindi, then he/she needs to compulsorily clear the exam which is conducted by Registrar, Department Examination Government of Uttar Pradesh within 3 years of joining.
Eligibility Criteria for JE - Civil
Below are the eligibility criteria in terms of age limit, educational qualifications for Junior Engineer - Civil post
Educational Qualifications: Candidates must have passed 3-year Diploma in Civil Engineering awarded by Pravidhik Shiksha Parishad, Uttar Pradesh or equivalent which is recognised by the UP state government. Candidates should note that those who have been awarded Diploma through distance learning are not eligible for the post.
The age limit and knowledge of Hindi language criteria remain the same for both the posts.
The Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) has provided age relaxation to the following reserved categories.
|SC, ST, and OBC (NCL) of Uttar Pradesh domicile||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen in Armed force for minimum 5 yrs||15 years|
|Physically handicapped (OA/OL/PB/PD)||15 years|
|Apprenticeship training under Apprenticeship Act, 1961||24 months|
UPPCL JE 2021 Online Application Form
The UPPCL JE 2021 application form for the post of Electrical Engineer and Civil Engineer is expected to start from Jun 23, 2021 (tentative) respectively. Candidates can make the fee payment through online or offline before the due date.
The UPPCL JE 2021 application form should be submitted through online mode only. Submission of application form through any other mode will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Following are the step by step processes to submit the UPPCL JE 2021 application form.
New User Registration
- Visit the official website
- On the homepage of the website, click on the Vacancy/Results tab.
- Candidates need to click on “View” button given against “Apply online for the post of “Junior Engineer (Trainee)”,
- A new page will be redirected where you need to click on “New user registration for JE Recruitment 2021” link
- Candidates should enter all the details such as applicant full name, Father’s Name, Mother’s name, contact number, alternate contact number and email ID for registration.
- Application Number (user ID) and Password of the candidate will be sent on the registered Mobile Number and Email ID.
- Candidates should now login with their details and proceed to fill other application details.
- Personal details (communication address), educational qualification details, reservation category etc should be provided.
- Upload a passport size colour photograph and scanned copy of the signature.
- Accept the declaration form and proceed for fee payment.
- Candidates can pay the UPPCL JE 2021 application fee through Debit card/Credit card/SBI Net banking/E-Challan.
- Once the application fee is successfully paid, the candidate's application form registration will be complete. The UPPCL JE 2021 application sequence number and password will be generated after successful submission of the application form.
UPPCL JE 2021 Application Fee
The category wise application fee for UPPCL JE 2021 is given below. Candidates must pay the application fee before the last date to complete the registration successfully.
|General/ EWS/ OBC/ DFF/ Ex-Servicemen||INR 1000|
|SC/ ST (Domicile of UP)||INR 700|
|Physically Handicapped||INR 10|
|Candidates from other states||INR 1000|
UPPCL JE 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates appearing for UPPCL JE examination should familiarize themselves with the overall exam pattern of the question paper to crack the exam. The Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited will set the UPPCL JE question paper for both Civil and Electrical Engineer streams.
The UPPCL JE exam pattern details such as marking scheme, total questions, time duration etc are mentioned below.
Types of questions: All the 200 questions will be Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ) which needs to be answered in 3 hours.
Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, candidates will be awarded +1 mark and for each wrong answer, 0.25 mark will be deducted.
|UPPCL JE 2021 Exam Pattern|
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Number of Questions||200 Questions|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Total Marks||200 Marks|
The subject wise number of questions in UPPCL JE examination is mentioned below
|Diploma level Engineering||150|
|General Awareness/General Knowledge||20|
UPPCL JE 2021 Syllabus
Candidates must know the important chapters and topics asked in the UPPCL JE exam. The syllabus for Diploma Level Engineering subject, Reasoning, General Knowledge/Awareness and General Hindi is given below.
UPPCL JE 2021 Syllabus for Electrical Engineering
Candidates will have to attempt 150 questions in this section. The chapters prescribed below comprises Diploma level questions.
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering Materials
- Electrical Machine-I
- Electrical Instruments and Measurements
- Power plant Engineering
- Transmission and Distribution of Electrical Powers
- Installation Maintenance & Repair of Electrical Machines
- Switchgear and Protection
- Industrial Electronics and Control
- Electrical design, Drawing & Estimating
- Utilization of Electrical Energy
- Electrical Machine-II
- Control System & Process Application
- Principles of Digital Electronics
- Electrical & Electronics Instrumentation
UPPCL JE 2021 Syllabus for Civil Engineering
- Building Materials
- The design of Steel Structures
- Solid Mechanics
- A Design of Concrete & Masonry Structures
- Fluid Mechanics
- Construction Practices, Planning & Management
- Open Channel Flow
- Hydraulic Machines & Hydro Power
- Pipe Flow
- Environmental Engineering
- Water Resource Engineering
- Solid Waste Management
- Transportation Engineering
UPPCL JE 2021 Syllabus for General Knowledge
This section comprises 20 questions and the list of important topics asked are listed below.
- Geography and Socio-Economic development of India
- Current events of National and International importance
- Modern History (From 1857 onwards) of India
- Indian culture
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy
UPPCL JE 2021 Syllabus for Reasoning Ability
This section comprises 20 questions and the topics are given below
- Similarities and differences
- Spatial visualization
- Spatial orientation
- Analysis, judgment, decision making
- Visual memory
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetic reasoning
- Verbal and figure classification
- Arithmetical number series
- Non-verbal series
- Coding and decoding
UPPCL JE 2021 Syllabus for General Hindi
This section comprises 10 questions and the topics are given below
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms/Homonyms and Antonyms
- Spellings/Detecting Misspelled words
- Idioms & Phrases
- One word substitution
- Improvement of Sentences
- Active/Passive Voice of Verbs
- Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage
UPPCL JE 2021 Exam Centres
Candidates must choose their exam centre at the time of filling the UPPCL JE 2021 application form. The exam will be conducted in 8 cities in Uttar Pradesh. The list of exam centres is given below.
|UPPCL JE 2021 Exam Centres|
|Noida/ Greater Noida||Varanasi|
UPPCL JE 2021 Result
The UPPCL will release the merit list after the results are declared. The merit list will have names of all the candidates who have scored the highest marks in the computer-based test. A PDF will be made available on the website. The final details will be released once there is an update regarding UPPCL JE Merit list on the official website
Details in the UPPCL JE Scorecard
The following details are mentioned in the scorecard of UPPCL JE exam.
- Candidate’s name
- Roll number
- Section-wise scores obtained by candidates
- Overall score
UPPCL JE 2021 Vacancy
A total of 212 Vacancies (expected) have been released for the year 2021. Out of these 212, the vacancies are divided into Electrical Engineer and Electronics/ Telecommunication Engineer.
- JE (Electrical): 191 Posts
- JE (Electronics/ Telecommunication): 21 Posts
Last year 296 and 31 vacancies were available for the post of Electrical and Civil Junior Engineer respectively.
In case of any queries related to the UPPCL JE exam, candidates can contact at the below-given details.
Address: Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd,
Shakti Bhawan 14 Ashok Marg, Lucknow
Phone number: 0522 2287525