Rajasthan Public Service Commission conducts the State Engineering Services Exam for the posts of Assistant Engineers every year. Read further to know more as the article below contains RPSC AEN Latest News.
- Jun 16, 2021: Rajasthan Public Services Commission has released counselling dates for RSPC AEN 2018 exam on its official website. The counselling is will be conducted from Jun 23, 2021 to Jul 27, 2021 (morning and evening sessions).
- What is RPSC AEN?
- RPSC AEN 2021 Exam Date
- RPSC AEN 2021 Eligibility
- RPSC AEN 2021 Registration and Application
- RPSC AEN 2021 Exam Pattern
- RPSC AEN 2021 Syllabus
- RPSC AEN 2021 Admit Card
- RPSC AEN 2021 Result
- RPSC AEN 2021 Selection Process
- RPSC AEN 2021 Vacancy
What is RPSC AEN?
RPSC AEN stands for Rajasthan Public Services Commission Assistant Engineers Exam. It is also known as Assistant Engineer Combined Competitive Exam. This exam is conducted with a view to recruiting qualified personnel in the State Engineering Services Department of Rajasthan. The examination is held in successive stages- Preliminary Exam, followed by Mains and then the Personal Interview round. RPSC AEN is highly sought after and therefore, attracts high competition. Read on to understand all about the exam.
RPSC AEN 2021 Exam Date
The official notification for RPSC AEN 2021 is yet to be released. Visit this section regularly to know the latest updates as will be mentioned in the table below.
|Online Application Begins||To be Announced Soon|
|Online Application Ends||To be Announced Soon|
|Application Form Correction Window||To be Announced Soon|
|Admit Card Download||To be Announced Soon|
|RPSC AEN 2021 Prelims Exam||To be Announced Soon|
|RPSC AEN 2021 Prelims Results||To be Announced Soon|
|RPSC AEN 2021 Mains Exam||To be Announced Soon|
|RPSC AEN 2021 Mains Results||To be Announced Soon|
RPSC AEN 2021 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the RPSC AEN 2021 Exam is mentioned below. Candidates are advised to go through this carefully to avoid confusion later on.
- Age: The lower age limit is 21 years and the upper age limit is 40 years. There are certain age relaxations provided to specific reserved categories. They are listed in the table below:
|SC/ST/BC/OBC Males||5 years|
|SC/ST/BC/OBC Females||10 years|
|General Category (Women)||5 years|
|Widowed Women||No upper age limit|
|Disabled Persons (General Category)||10 years|
|Disabled Persons (BC/OBC)||13 years|
|Disabled Persons (SC/ST)||15 years|
- Educational Qualifications: A degree in Civil or Agriculture Engineering from a University established by law in India or qualifications declared equivalent thereto by the State Government is a must for recruitment through RPSC AEN Exam.
- General Skill Set: This is an important criterion. Applicants must be well-versed with a working knowledge of written Hindi in Devnagri script and a thorough understanding of Rajasthani culture.
RPSC AEN 2021 Registration and Application
Registration and Application for the RPSC AEN 2021 Exam must be done on the official website- rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in. Candidates will be required to register themselves using a registered mobile number and email ID before moving on to the application process.
How to apply?
- Candidates will be able to online through the official website (www.rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in.)
- Candidates are required to have a valid email ID and mobile number because important details like the registration no and password will be sent to this email ID and mobile no. In fact, all forms of communication about the dates and important events will be intimated through these contact points.
- Candidates must have the Class 10, 12, graduation mark sheets while filing the online application. A scanned copy of the most recent photograph and signature (In Prescribed Size) must also be kept handy.
- After filling out basic details, candidates will be directed to the fee payment section. This can be done online or via bank challan. Given below is a table with the fee payment details
- All the candidates are advised to check all the details filled in the form and make sure they are accurate as the fee will not be refunded under any circumstance.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the application form for future reference.
RPSC AEN 2021 Exam Pattern
The RPSC AEN Exam is held in successive stages- The preliminary exam, Mains exam followed by a Personal Interview round. Knowing the Exam Pattern for the Preliminary and Mains exam will give candidates an understanding of how to prepare effectively for the exam and clear successive rounds of the recruitment process with ease.
RPSC AEN 2021 Preliminary Exam Pattern
The RPSC AEN 2021 Prelims is only a screening test. This means that while this will filter out the number of candidates who move to the Mains round, it will not be considered as a qualification basis in the final order merit. The paper will be divided into compulsory Section A and Section B where options will be given to choosing from. Given below is the gist of the prelims exam pattern.
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Maximum Duration||4 Hours|
|Maximum Marks||400 (200 for Section A and 200 for Section B)|
|Section A (Compulsory) Topics||
|Section B (Optional) Topics||
RPSC AEN 2021 Mains Exam Pattern
The RPSC AEN 2021 Mains Examinations will be the conventional type written examination. It consists of Paper I and II which have compulsory subjects and Paper III and IV that consist of optional subjects. Given below is the gist of the mains exam pattern.
|Mode of Examination||Written|
|Maximum Duration||3 Hours per paper|
|Paper-I (Compulsory) Topics||Hindi|
|Paper-II (Compulsory) Topics||Social Aspects of Engineering|
|Paper III and IV (Optional) Topics||
The following points are to be kept in mind with respect to the RPSC AEN 2021 Exam Pattern:
- The standard of the papers will be that of a Bachelor's Degree level except for paper on Hindi which will be of Senior Secondary Level.
- All papers unless specifically required shall be answered either in Hindi or in English, but no candidate shall be permitted to answer anyone paper partly in Hindi and partly in English unless specifically allowed to do so.
- If a candidate's handwriting is not easily legible, a deduction will be made on this account from the total marks otherwise accruing to them.
- Credit will be given for orderly, effective, and exact expression combined with due economy of words in all subjects of the examination.
- It is obligatory for a candidate to appear in all the compulsory papers and in optional papers.
RPSC AEN 2021 Syllabus
Important topics from each subject of the RPSC AEN Exam will enable the candidate to be at par with what to study and how to prepare for the exam. Given below are broad topics to study from:
For the compulsory papers in the RPSC AEN 2021 Mains Exam, here are the topics:
Current Affairs: Current events of State, National, and International importance. National & International agencies and their activities. Games & Sports at State, National and International levels.
History & Culture: Landmarks in the political and cultural history of India. Major monuments and literary works. Renaissance, the struggle for freedom and national integration.
General Science: Electronics and telecommunications, Satellites and elements of computers (both Hard & Soft Wares), research labs including CSIR managed national labs and institutes. Environment & pollution etc.
Economic Developments with Special Reference to Rajasthan: Food and Commercial Crops of Rajasthan, Agriculture based Industries, Major irrigation and River Valley Projects, Projects for the development of the desert and wastelands. Indira Gandhi Canal Project, growth and location of industries, Industrial raw materials. Mineral-based industries, Small-scale and Cottage industries, export items Rajasthani handicrafts, Tribes, and their economy. Cooperative movement. Tourism Development in Rajasthan.
Geography and Natural Resources of Rajasthan: Rajasthan’s Physiography: Climate, vegetation, and soil regions. Broad physical divisions of Rajasthan. Human resources: problems of population, unemployment, poverty, Drought, famine, and desertification in Rajasthan. Natural resources of Rajasthan. Mines and Minerals, forests, Land water. Animals’ resources. Wildlife and conservation. Energy problems and conventional and non-conventional sources of energy.
Hindi: Proposition, Tense, Interrogative Sentence, Infinitive & Gerund, Phrases & Idioms, Antonyms, Spelling Mistake detection, synonym, Mood & Voice, Verb, Adverb & Conjunctive, Noun & Pronoun, Adjective, Degree (Positive, Comparative & Superlative) and Spotting of error
Social aspects of Engineering: Development of Science and Technology, Depletion of natural resources, Environmental Degradation and Resource Depletion, Human Relations in Industry and Industrials laws, Development Processes, Rural economy, Globalisation of Economy, Financing methods of infrastructure projects, Rural Energy needs and Rural industries.
For the optional subjects, the topics under each subject are listed below.
- Engineering Materials & Construction Technology
- Soil/ Geotechnical Engineering
- Structural Mechanics
- Steel Structures
- Reinforced Concrete Structures
- Fluid Mechanics Including Hydrology And Irrigation
- Public Health Engineering
- Highway And Bridges
- Electrical Circuits
- Field Theory
- Electrical Materials
- Control System
- Electronics and Communication
- Microprocessor Systems and computer
- Power systems
- Electrical Machines
- Electrical Measurement and Instrumentation
- Power Electronics
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Heat Transfer
- Environmental Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics and Turbomachines
- Power Generation
- Theory of Machines
- Strength of Materials
- Material Science
- Manufacturing Processes
- Renewable Energy
- leveling Land Development
- Soil and Water Conservation
- Farm Power and Machinery
- Agricultural Processing
- Farm Electrification and Rural housing
A PDF of the detailed syllabus and sub-topics for each paper is available on the official website of RPSC AEN. Candidates are advised to refer to it when deciding on what reference material to invest in.
RPSC AEN 2021 Admit Card
The admit card will be available on the official website 10-15 days before the stipulated date of the exam. Follow the steps given below to download the admit card.
- Log in using assigned credentials on the official website.
- Click on ‘Download Admit Card’
- Cross-check details on the admit card
- Download and take print outs
RPSC AEN 2021 Result
The Rajasthan Public Service Commission declares the list of roll numbers who qualified the RPSC AEN Mains 2021 in a pdf file on the official website. These candidates are granted provisional selection. Further, once eligibility criteria is met and background verification is complete, candidates will be allotted their respective portfolios.
RPSC AEN 2021 Selection Process
After the RPSC AEN Mains examination, qualifying candidates will be called for a personal interview round which carries a lot of weightage. Given below are important pointers about the personal interview ro
- Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written test of the Main examination as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion shall be summoned by them for interview. Provided that no candidate who fails to obtain a minimum of 35% marks in each of the two compulsory papers and a minimum of 40% marks in the aggregate shall be called by the Commission for an interview which carries 72 marks
- The Commission shall award marks to each candidate interviewed by them. In interviewing the candidates besides awarding marks in respect of character, personality, address, and physique, marks shall also be awarded for the candidate's knowledge of the Rajasthani culture. The marks awarded shall be added to the marks obtained in the written test of the main examination by each such candidate.
- After the interview round, candidates shall be awarded provisional selection which is made permanent subject to a background check and document verification of eligibility criteria.
RPSC AEN 2021 Vacancy
Given below are the details of the vacancies available for RPSC AEN 2021. There are a total of 916 Posts. The Department wise & Branch wise vacancies are as follows:
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) in Public Health Engineering Deptt. : 225 Posts
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical/ Mechanical) in Public Health Engineering Deptt. : 75 Posts
- Assistant Engineer in Panchayati Raj Deptt. : 4 Posts
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) in PWD: 307 Posts
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) in Water Resources Deptt. : 302 Posts
- Assistant Engineer (Mechanical) : 3 Posts