RPSC ACF and FRO stands for Rajasthan Public Service Commission Assistant Conservator of Forest and Forest Range Officer. Rajasthan Public Service Commission ACF (Assistant Conservator of Forest) and Forest Range Officer is a state-level authoritative exam conducted by the Government of Rajasthan every year for eligible male and female candidates to fill up 204 posts. The candidates selected for the individual posts will be posted in Rajasthan. The candidates who are recruitted, get the post of a forest officer and are responsible to manage the forest and its respective areas, where they are posted. The office of Rajasthan Public Service Commission is located in Ajmer, Rajasthan. Read on the full article to get more details about RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021.
- February 13, 2021: RPSC ACF FRO 2021 Admit Card has been released. Candidates who have registered for the recruitement examination can download the admit card from here
- What is RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I?
- RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 Notification
- RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 Recruitment
- RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 Exam Date
- RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 Apply Online
- RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 Application Form
- RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 Admit Card
- RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 Eligibility
- RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 Exam Pattern
- RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 Syllabus
- RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 Result
- RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 Cut-Off and Seats
- RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 Books
- RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 Previous Years' Papers
What Is RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I?
RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I is a Rajasthan state-level government entrance exam for the post of Assistant Conservator of Forest and Forest Range Officer Grade-I. The candidates are posted in different areas of Rajasthan for the duty. This year the exam has a total of 204 seats for male and female candidates. The recruited officers have to manage the forest and its area where they are posted. ACF officers are first-line supervisors. All the officials and sub-officials report to the ACF for decision-making work. The Forest Range Officer is responsible for the management of the Range. All the government property, discipline, work code, are under his/her custody.
RPSC ACF And FRO Grade-I 2021 Exam Highlights
The following table has highlights of the RPSC ACF And FRO Grade-I 2021 Exam.
|Exam Name||Rajasthan Public Service Commission Assistant Conservator of Forest and Forest Range Officer Grade-I|
|Acronym||RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I|
|Conducting body||Government of Rajasthan|
|Job salary||45 thousand to 50 thousand per month
(for the trainees)
|RPSC Headoffice||Ajmer, Rajasthan|
|RPSC official website||rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in|
RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Grade-I 2021 Notification
The Rajasthan Public Service Commission arranges the recruitment examinations like RPSC ACF and FRO Grade-1 2021 Exam for hiring candidates. The commission releases an official notification every year which has all the essential details of the RPSC ACF and FRO Grade-I exam. The notification contains details like eligibility, age limit, the application process, reservations and vacancies for that year. For more information, candidates can check the official website of RPSC where they can find the RPSC ACF And FRO Grade-I 2021 Notification.
RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Grade-I 2021 Recruitment
The Rajasthan Public Service Commission organizes the entrance examinations for recruitment of candidates to work across Rajsthan in different Forest departments. Upon successful selection, candidates will be working in roles like Assistant Conservator of Forest and Forest Range Officer Grade-I. Candidates wishing to work as ACF and FRO Gr-I must undergo the RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Grade-I 2021 Exam. There are a total of 3 papers in the exam followed by an interview. Shortlisted candidates will also have to pass a physical examination test before the final selection.
RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Grade-I 2021 Exam Date
RPSC has an online portal for filling up the forms. Only the exam date has been announced for the students to prepare for the exam. The detailed notification on the exam date is yet to be released.
|Release of RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I Admit card||February 13, 2021|
|RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I Exam Date||Feb 18, 2021 to Feb 26, 2021|
|RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I Result Date||March 2021|
RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Grade-I 2021 Apply Online
Applications for the RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 are submitted online through the official website. Candidates need to register themselves before filling up the application form. No physical forms need to be sent to the office. The candidates can follow the step by step guide below on how to fill up the application form:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of RPSC. (rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in)
- Step 2: Go to the homepage.
- Step 3: Click on the "RPSC Online" tab and then "Apply Online."
- Step 4: Click on "New Application Portal(through SSO)" and then "Go to SSO portal." (sso.rajasthan.gov.in)
- Step 5: Click on the "Registration" tab and register with your correct information.
- Step 6: Once the registration is done, the candidate's SSO ID will be generated.
- Step 7: Use that SSO ID to log in on the same SSO portal.
- Step 8: Update all the personal details.
- Step 9: Click on the "Recruitment portal" option.
- Step 10: Click on the "Ongoing Recruitment" tab and look for "ACF and Forest Range Officer Grade-I."
- Step 11: Click on "Apply Now" and allow the site to retrieve data from your profile.
- Step 12: Enter all the required details and upload your documents as per the specifications.
- Step 13: Select the optional 1 and 2 subjects.
- Step 14: Recheck your application form details before submitting it.
- Step 15: Click on the "declaration" and then "Pay fees."
- Step 16: Click on "Yes/Ok" to permit to be redirected to the payment gateway.
- Step 17: Select the suitable payment method and fill your details, then click on "Make a payment."
- Step 18: Take a print out of the RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 application form and secure it until the admission.
RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Grade-I 2021 Application Form Details
Candidates are required to upload specific documents and details to fill-up the form for RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Gr-I 2021. The specifications are as follows:
Details to be filled
- Candidate's name
- Father's name
- Mother's name
- Email address
- Contact number
- Residential address
- Date of birth
- Passport/ Adhaar Card number
- Qualification details
Documents to be uploaded
- Marksheet of educational qualifications
- Passport size photograph
- Work experience certificates
Candidates need to upload the required scanned images of their documents. The following dimensions are to be followed:
|Passport size photo||50 to100 kb|
|Signature||20 to 50 kb|
|Work experience certificates||500 kb|
Application form fees
Application fees varies for candidates belonging to different categories. The RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 Application form fees designed by the conducting authority is tabulated below.
|General/ Other State||INR 350|
|OBC/ Backward Classes||INR 250|
RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Grade-I 2021 Admit Card
The admit card for RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Gr-I 2021 will be announced 7 days before the exam on the official website(rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in). The exam center allotted will be mentioned on the admit card. The candidates should report at the exam center one hour before. Candidates can download the admit card by going through the following steps:
- Visit the official website of Rajasthan Public Service Commission.
- Click on the homepage.
- Click on the RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Grade-I 2021 Admit Card link.
- Enter the required details.
- After cross-checking the details (name, date of birth, registration number, exam date, exam center), download the admit card.
- Take a print out of the admit card and carry it to the exam hall with all the necessary documents mentioned on it.
- Secure the admit card till the day of admission.
RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Grade-I 2021 Eligibility
The RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 Eligibility Criteria is structured by the Government of Rajasthan. Candidates must make sure to fulfil all the eligibility criteria for RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 before proceeding to the Application form. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for the entrance exam below:
The candidate should be the minimum age of 18 years and a maximum of 40 years as on January 01, 2019 (General Category), and an age limit relaxation for the reserved categories and Rajasthan Domicile is 5 years. He/She should be an Indian Citizen.
|General||18 to 40 years|
|Reserved Category||45 Years|
|Rajasthan Domicile||45 years|
Candidates should have a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Forestry, Agriculture, or Engineering from a recognized university. Candidates having a Bachelor's degree in any of the following can also apply:
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Animal Husbandry or Veterinary Science
Knowledge of Rajasthani Culture and Devanagari is also essential.
RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Grade-I 2021 Exam Pattern
The RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Gr-I 2021 exam consist of 4 papers with objective type questions. There are two compulsory papers with 100 questions of 1 mark each and two optional papers with 200 questions of 1 mark each, with a total of 600 marks paper. The detailed pattern of the paper and marks are listed below:
To understand the RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 Exam Pattern in a simpler way, candidates can refer to the table given below.
|Exam Mode||Online or Offline|
|Language||Hindi or English|
|Section of papers||2 compulsory(GK and English) and 2 optional subjects (Should be selected from the list given)|
|Type of questions||Objective (MCQs)|
|Duration||3 hours for each paper|
|Negative marking||For every wrong answer|
|Rounds||2 (Written and Personality/ Viva-Voce) +Physical for FRO Gr-I|
|Height Requirement||Male: 163 cm Female: 150 cm|
|Chest||Male: 84 to 89 cm Female: 79 to 84 cm|
The candidate needs to qualify the two rounds (Written and Personality/ Viva-voce) to get selected as an Assistant Conservator of Forest and three rounds (Written, Personality/ Viva-voce, and physical) to get selected as a Forest Range Officer Grade-I.
RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2021 Marks Pattern is tabulated below.
|Paper||Total Questions||Total Marks|
RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Grade-I 2021 Syllabus
The exam consists of two compulsory subject papers of 100 marks each. The syllabus for the two compulsory papers is mentioned below:
- Indian History and Culture
- History and Culture of Rajasthan
- Indian Geography
- Geography of Rajasthan
- Indian Economy
- Economy of Rajasthan
- General Science
- Current Affairs
- Articles and Determiners
- Tenses and Sequence of Tenses
- Correction of Sentences
- Transformation of sentences
- Translation from Hindi to English
- Elements of Correspondence
There are two optional subject papers of 200 marks each, which can be chosen from the subjects given:
- Veterinary Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Electronics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
The full syllabus is available on the official website. (rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/syllabus)
RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Grade-I 2021 Result
The Result of RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Gr-I 2021 will be published on the official website of RPSC on a merit-list basis of the qualifying candidates after the final answer keys are released. Candidates can follow the given steps to view their results:
- Go to the official website of RPSC
- Go to the homepage
- Click on the "Candidate Information" or "Important Link" tab
- Select the "Result" option
- Enter the post name and year of examination
- Download the Result
RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Grade-I 2021 Cut-Off And Seats
Candidates can check below the required cut-off for qualifying the entrance exam and the allocation of seats:
Candidates are required to secure a qualifying of 40% in RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Gr-I 2021 and 35% in each compulsory subject in the written round. In the personality and viva-voce, the candidate needs to secure more than 33% marks and 45% marks in the aggregate for ACF and should match the physical requirements for FRO Gr-I. The commission recommends the names of the candidates who have qualified for the personality/ viva-voce round of the following categories to fill their reserved seats, even if they have not secured the aggregate passing marks:
- Backward Classes
- Scheduled Caste
- Scheduled Tribes
The final cut-off list will be based on the written examination, personality/ viva-voce, and physical. The cut-off is also based on the factors below:
- Maximum marks secured by the candidate
- Pass percentage
- The difficulty level of the test
- The number of candidates appeared for the examination
The RPSC 2021 has a total of 204 seats, which are bifurcated into a certain number of seats for Assistant Conservator of Forest and Forest Range Officer Grade-I. The number of seats for each post is mentioned below:
|Post||Number of Seats|
|Assistant Conservator of Forest (ACF)||99|
|Forest Range Officer Grade-I (FRO Gr-I)||105|
The seats are distributed accordingly to the reserved and unreserved categories which can be checked below:
The entire notice is available on the official website.
RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Grade-I Books
Candidates can refer to the following books for RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I exam 2021:
- Architecture and Culture of India by Rajesh Sharma
- The Brief History of Modern India by Spectrum Books
- Complete Modern Agriculture by Pritesh Kumar Singh
- RPSC Sahayak Van Sanrakshak Avem Van Range Officer Grade I Guide (Hindi) by Arihant Experts
- Rajasthan Samanya Gyan by Lucent Publication
- Objective English for Competitive Examination by Hari Mohan Prasad, Uma Sinha
- Ecology and Environment by Krishna Singh, Anshoo Singh
- Economics- NCERT
RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Grade-I 2021 Previous Years' Papers
Taking note of previous years' papers plays a crucial role in preparing for the exam. It gives guidance and an outlook on how the questions in the examination will come. The previous years' question papers for RPSC ACF And Forest Range Officer Gr-I 2021 are available on the website. (rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/PreviousQuestionPapers.aspx) If there are no papers available for the given exam, then any paper of the RPSC exam can be taken as a reference.
When will be the RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I 2020 exam held?
As per the official website, the exam will be held from September 20, 2020, to September 27, 2020
What is the paper pattern of the RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I exam?
There are 4 papers in total, 2 of compulsory subjects which are GK and English and 2 of optional subjects which can be chosen from the list provided. The mandatory papers have 100 questions of 1 mark each, and the optional papers have 200 questions of 1 mark each. The time duration for the exam is 3 hours for each paper.
Is there negative marking?
Yes, there is negative marking for every wrong answer. No marks will be deducted for leaving the question blank.
When will be the admit card issued for the exam?
The admit will be issued 7 days before the exam on the official website.
When will the application form start?
The deadline for filling up the admission form for 2020 is already over. It was from February 04, 2020, to February 23, 2020.
What should I carry to the exam hall?
You are supposed to carry a blue/black ball pen, your admit card, the documents mentioned on the admit card. No cellphones are allowed in the examination hall.
How many seats are there?
RPSC ACF And FRO Gr-I have 204 seats in total, which are distributed into 99 for ACF and 105 for FRO. These seats are also allocated to various categories.
How many rounds are there?
There are two rounds, Written and Personality/ Viva-Voce plus a physical round for the post of Forest Range Officer Grade-I. You have to clear both the round to be appointed as an ACF and all the three rounds to be appointed as a FRO Gr-I.
What are the physical requirements for FRO Gr-I?
The male candidate should have a height of at least 163 cm and chest of 84-89 cm. The female candidate should have a height of at least 150 cm and chest of 79-84 cm.
What are the examination centers appointed for the exam?
RPSC usually appoints centers in Rajasthan only. The examination center will be mentioned on your admit card.
When will be the Result announced?
The result is announced right after the last answer key is published—the merit list displayed on the official website.
What is the job profile of ACF?
ACF is the Assistant Conservator of Forest, who is the first-line supervisor. He/ She can be appointed as an Assistant Director of a National Park or a Superintendent of a Sanctuary. He/She has to supervise various works such as plantation examination, classification of logs, timber depots, etc.
Can girls apply for RPSC ACF and FRO Gr-I?
Yes, anyone can apply for these posts. There are also reserved seats for girls.
What is the age limit?
The general category candidate should be 18 to 40 years of age. There is a relaxation of 5 years to the reserved categories.
What is the application form fee?
For general and other states candidates, it is INR 350, for OBC/backward classes, it is INR 250, and for SC/ST/PH it is INR 150.
How much is the salary of an ACF or FRO?
It depends on the government. An ACF or FRO trainee has a salary of INR 45 to 50 thousand per month.