To fill the vacant positions with the best candidates, the Reserve Bank of India conducts a recruitment drive. The previous year, a total of 926 Assistant vacancies were announced by the bank. The application forms were available on the official website. The specifications relevant to this exam for 2021 are discussed in detail below.
- Jun 2, 2021: RBI has released the results of Non-CSG posts such as Assitant Manager (Rajbhasha), Assistant Manager (Protocol & Security), Manager (Technical-Civil), and Legal Officer in Grade B, on its official website.
- March 30, 2021: The admit card for Non-CSG recruitment has been released by RBI. The admit card can be downloaded from the direct link given below.
- February 17, 2021: The admit card RBI JE 2021 has been released. To download the admit card, visit the official website of RBI.
- What is RBI Recruitment?
- RBI Recruitment 2021 Exam Date
- RBI Recruitment 2021 Vacancy
- RBI Recruitment 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- RBI Recruitment 2021 Application Form
- RBI Recruitment 2021 Exam Pattern
- RBI Recruitment 2021 Admit Card
- RBI Recruitment 2021 Exam Centres
- RBI Recruitment 2021 Salary
- RBI Recruitment 2021 Result
- RBI Contact Details
What is RBI Recruitment?
The Reserve Bank of India invites applications every year to select the most suitable candidates, eligible for the vacancies which have emerged in various of its branches, all over the country. Working with the Reserve Bank of India in itself is a privilege since the RBI is a central banking organization, responsible for controlling the monetary policies. It is a golden opportunity where you will get to work with some of the brightest minds in the country.
Posts Offered: Some of the career openings are listed down below,
- Bank’s Medical Consultant (BMC) on contractual basis
- Various Roles at Reserve Bank Information Technology Private Limited (ReBIT)
- Security Guards
- PhDs in Grade ‘B’ for Research Positions in RBI
- Legal Consultants in Grade ‘F’ and Grade ‘C’/’D’
- Director in Grade ‘F’ in the proposed Data Sciences Lab
The examination regulatory authority is headquartered at 6, Sansad Marg, New Delhi, Delhi 110001. Candidates will be eligible for the posts related to above-mentioned departments upon satisfying the RBI Recruitment 2021 eligibility criteria and clearing all stages of the selection procedure.
RBI Recruitment 2021 Exam Highlights
|Vacant Post||Location||Mode of Test||Eligibility|
|Bank’s Medical Consultant (BMC) on contractual basis||Panaji||Interview||MBBS degree in the allopathic system of medicine from any university/college recognized by the Medical Council of India|
|Director for Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT)||Hyderabad||Interview||Degree/Postgraduate degree from a recognized University/Institution in Science, Engineering, Technology or Management|
|Security Guards- 2018||All Branches||Online Test||Ex-Servicemen who have passed 10th Std|
|PhDs in Grade ‘B’ for Research Positions in RBI||All Branches||Interview||Ph. D in topics of Finance or Economics|
|Legal Consultants in Grade ‘F’ and Grade ‘C’/’D’||Mumbai||Interview||Bachelor’s degree in law with a minimum of 50% marks.Ph. D/Master’s degree in Law. Compulsory 15 years of experience as an advocate.|
|Director in Grade ‘F’ in the proposed Data Sciences Lab||Mumbai||Interview||Ph. D/Master’s degree Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics, Data Science and Big Data, Finance or Economics with minimum 55% marks|
RBI Recruitment 2021 Exam Date
The application form for RBI Recruitment 2021 will be available on the official website once the official notification is released. The RBI Recruitment 2021 Prelims examination will be held offline. The final result will be declared shortly after the exams. The RBI Recruitment 2021 exam dates highlights are:
|RBI Recruitment Exam Application starts from||September, 2021|
|RBI Recruitment Exam Applications ends on||To be announced|
|Last date for Online Payment of Application Fees||To be announced|
|RBI Recruitment Prelims Exam||To be announced|
|RBI Recruitment Prelims Result||To be announced|
|RBI Recruitment Mains Exam||To be announced|
|RBI Grade B Exam Final Result Date||To be announced|
RBI Recruitment 2021 Vacancy
RBI Recruitment 2021 will be conducted for various posts at RBI. A total of 926 vacancies was available for the post of RBI Assistant previous year. Vacancies for 2021 will be announced along with the official notification. Reservations will be provided for SC/ST, OBC candidates, and PH candidates. The category-wise vacancies are listed below:
|Post||Number of Vacancies|
|1. Bank’s Medical Consultant (BMC) on contractual basis||1||1||0||0||2|
|2. Various Roles at Reserve Bank Information Technology Private Limited (ReBIT)||27||0||0||0||27|
|3. Security Guards- 2018||30||37||52||151||270|
|4. PhDs in Grade ‘B’ for Research Positions in RBI||6||3||1||4||14|
|5. Legal Consultants in Grade ‘F’ and Grade ‘C’/’D’||4||2||0||0||6|
|6. Director in Grade ‘F’ in the proposed Data Sciences Lab||1||0||0||0||1|
RBI Recruitment 2021 Eligibility Criteria
There are certain eligibility criteria that are set out by the exam officials for the candidates who are willing to apply for a particular post. Candidates must satisfy all the eligibility criteria to appear for the exam. Some of these are mentioned below:
The criteria for educational qualification vary according to the post to which the candidate is selected. Candidates must ensure that they qualify the eligibility criteria of the post they are applying for, before registering for the RBI Recruitment exam. The following table encompasses some of the major eligibility criteria required for the available open positions as part of RBI Recruitment 2021.
|Vacant Post||Educational Qualification|
|i) Bank’s Medical Consultant (BMC) on contractual basis||MBBS degree in the allopathic system of medicine from any university/college recognized by the Medical Council of India|
|ii) Various Roles at Reserve Bank Information Technology Private Limited (ReBIT)||University Degree in CS/IT field, Bachelors/Masters in Engineering|
|iii) Security Guards- 2018||Ex-Servicemen who have passed 10th Std|
|iv) PhDs in Grade ‘B’ for Research Positions in RBI||Ph. D in topics of Finance or Economics|
|v) Legal Consultants in Grade ‘F’ and Grade ‘C’/’D’||Bachelor’s degree in law with a minimum of 50% marks. Ph. D/Master’s degree in Law. Compulsory 15 years of experience as an advocate.|
|vi) Director in Grade ‘F’ in the proposed Data Sciences Lab||Ph. D/Master’s degree Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics, Data Science and Big Data, Finance or Economics with minimum 55% marks|
Upper and lower age limits vary according to the type of position chosen. There is a relaxation of 3 years on the lower age limit for candidates belonging to OBC Category and a relaxation of 5 years on the lower age limit for candidates belonging to SC/ST category. However, there is no relaxation on the upper age limit for candidates belonging to any of the categories. Following table summarizes the age limit criteria of above mentioned vacant positions:
|Vacant Post||Age limit|
|i) Bank’s Medical Consultant (BMC) on contractual basis||Not Applicable|
|ii) Various Roles at Reserve Bank Information Technology Private Limited (ReBIT)||Not Applicable|
|iii) Security Guards- 2018||25-45 years||28-45 years||30-45 years|
|iv) PhDs in Grade ‘B’ for Research Positions in RBI||Below 34 years||Below 37 years||Below 39 years|
|v) Legal Consultants in Grade ‘F’ and Grade ‘C’/’D’||45-55 years|
|vi) Director in Grade ‘F’ in the proposed Data Sciences Lab||Below 57 years|
Age relaxation is applicable as per Government rules.
RBI Recruitment 2021 Application Form
The RBI 2021 application form will be available in online mode for the IT-related posts and candidate needs to visit the official website for filling the online application form. The application fee can be paid through both online and offline modes.
How to apply for RBI Recruitment Online?
Candidates can follow the step by step process to apply for RBI Recruitment exam. The application form is to be filled in Online Mode only.
- Candidates need to first visit the official website of Reserve Bank of India.
- On the homepage, check for the latest RBI recruitment notice and click on it.
- Candidates need to first register using email ID and mobile number. Once completed, log in using the credentials.
- Fill the application form carefully and provide all personal and educational details such as Candidate name, Parent's name, address, date of birth, gender, category, post applied, graduation degree details, year of passing, CGPA/percentage secured etc.
- Candidate must upload necessary documents such as the latest passport size photograph and scanned copy of the signature.
- Once uploaded, review the entire information provided and submit the duly filled application form.
- Pay the application fee either through online methods or offline methods. Download and take a printout of the completed application form for future reference.
RBI Recruitment 2021 Application Fee
The application fee for the post of Assistant for different categories are:
|General, EWS, and OBC candidates||INR 450|
RBI Recruitment 2021 Exam Pattern
The RBI Recruitment 2021 Exam will be conducted in two phases- Prelims & Mains. After the selection of the candidate from the Mains examination, candidates have to go through one more test- Language Proficiency Test (LPT). The LPT will be conducted in the Official/Local Language of the concerned state. Candidates who are not proficient in the Official/Local language may get disqualified.
The exam pattern for both Prelims & Mains exams is different. However, there are certain changes that are made in the Mains exam pattern.
RBI Recruitment 2021 Prelims Exam Pattern
- Exam Duration: The time allotted for the Prelims exam is 60 minutes. For each section, the is a sectional time of 20 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: +1 mark is awarded for each correct answer. There will be a deduction of 0.25 marks for every wrong response.
|Section||No of Questions||Maximum Marks|
RBI Recruitment 2021 Mains Exam Pattern
- Exam Duration: The total time allotted for the Mains exam is 135 minutes. Sectional timing is applicable to Mains exam as well for all the 5 sections.
- Marking Scheme: +1 mark is awarded for each correct answer. There will be a deduction of 0.25 marks for every wrong response.
|Section||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration (minutes)|
RBI Recruitment 2021 Admit Card
RBI Recruitment 2021 admit card will be available on the RBI official website. The official date for the release of RBI Recruitment 2021 Mains admit card will be announced just before the exam.
How to download the RBI Recruitment 2021 Admit Card?
To download the RBI Recruitment 2021 Admit Card, follow the following steps:
- Visit the official website of RBI.
- Search for the link to download the RBI Assistant 2021 Admit Card.
- Enter login credentials.
- Click on the Submit button
- Download the admit card.
- Take the printout of the same.
RBI Recruitment 2021 Exam Centres
Given below are the list of exam centres where the RBI Recruitment exam will be conducted. Candidates can choose their desired exam centre at the time of filling the RBI Recruitment form. Candidates must also bring the admit card along with a valid photo identity to the exam centre. The state-wise list of exam centres is given below.
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh & Telangana||Guntur, Narasaraopet, Hyderabad, Rangareddy-Kodada, Karimnagar, Warangal, Rajahmundry, Kakinada, Tirupati, Chittoor, Vijaywada, Kanchikacherla, Gudlavalleru, Eluru, Vishakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar, Naharlagun city|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar|
|Bihar||Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Patna|
|Daman and Diu||Daman and Diu|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Gandhi Nagar, Bhavnagar, Jamnagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Haryana||Hissar, Karnal, Rohtak|
|Himachal Pradesh||Dharamsala, Shimla|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Belgaum, Bagalkot, Bengaluru, Chikaballapur, Kolar, Tumkur, Gulbarga, Bidar, Hubli, Dharwad, Haliyal, Gadag, Mangalore, Mysore, Mandya, Udupi|
|Kerala||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kasargod, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Pathanamthitta Thrissur, Thiruvananthapuram,|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur|
|Maharashtra||Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Solapur|
|New Delhi||Delhi NCR|
|Odisha||Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Solapur|
|Puducherry||Puducherry, Cuddalore, Villupuram|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Udaipur|
|Sikkim||Gangtok, Bardang City|
|Tamilnadu||Chennai, Vellore, Coimbatore, Erode, Tirupur, Madurai, Virudhunagar, Dindigul, Salem, Namakkal, Thiruchirapalli, Perambalur, Pudukottai, Thanjavur, Tirunelvelli, Kanyakumari, Tuticorin|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Nainital, Roorkee City|
|West Bengal||Berhampore (WB), Durgapur, Kolkata, Greater Kolkata, Howrah, Hooghly, Kalyani, Siliguri|
RBI Recruitment 2021 Salary
The RBI Recruitment 2021 salary details include the following:
- The basic pay will be around INR 14,650 per month.
- It will also include Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), Travel Allowances (TA), and City compensatory allowances (CCA).
- Including all the allowances, the gross salary will be INR 36,091 per month.
RBI Recruitment 2021 Result
The RBI Assistant 2021 results will be declared on the official website. The candidates can check their results on the official portal for the RBI exam.
How to check the RBI Recruitment Results?
- Candidates need to visit the official website.
- Click on the button "Opportunities @ RBI".
- Click on the Results option that is provided in the window that appears.
- Log in to the portal with the details used during the registration times.
- Click on the RBI Assistant 2021 results.
- The scorecard gets displayed on the screen. Candidates can download this for future reference
RBI Contact Details
In case of any queries related to the recruitment and latest vacancies in Reserve Bank of India, candidates can contact at the given below details for more information
Address: Reserve Bank of India
6, Sansad Marg New Delhi - 110001
Phone: +91-11-23711333 (09:30 AM to 05:15 PM)
Will the online test be conducted to all candidates irrespective of the role that they have applied for?
No, the online test is conducted for candidates who applied for various roles in the ReBIT and for the post of security guards. For Director, Legal consultant and medical consultant roles, the recruitment process will have interviews.
What is the age limit to apply for RBI recruitment examination?
The age limit varies for different posts. There is an age relaxation of 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC and 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST.
Will the exam pattern be the same for all roles?
No, the exam pattern for Grade-B roles will have Prelims and Mains. The exam pattern for security guard roles will have Reasoning, Numerical ability and English language test.
What is the RBI recruitment exam application fee?
The application fee is INR 450 for candidates who belong to general category and OBC. Candidates who belong to SC/ST/PH have to pay INR 50 as an application fee.