NICL stands for National Insurance company limited, a company that was established in the year 1906 with its registered office in Kolkata. It is one of the leading companies in the field of public sector insurance, specialising in non-life insurance policies.
- What is the NICL Exam?
- NICL AO 2021 Notification
- NICL AO 2021 Exam Date
- NICL AO 2021 Exam Pattern
- NICL AO 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- NICL AO 2021 Vacancy
- NICL AO 2021 Application Form
- NICL AO 2021 Syllabus
- NICL AO 2021 Admit Card
- NICL AO 2021 Selection Process
- NICL AO 2021 Salary
- NICL AO 2021 Result
- Contact Details
What is NICL Exam?
The insurance sector provides job opportunities for which examinations are conducted, to shortlist eligible candidates. The IRDA or Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India is the central authority responsible for promoting and maintaining the insurance industry's growth in India.
The National Insurance Company Limited (NICL) is one of the most sought after and highly respected companies. The company conducts exams for three principal roles, namely:
- NICL Administrative Office
- NICL Assistant
- NICL Accounts Apprentice
What is NICL AO (Administrative Officer) exam?
The NICL AO or the NICL Administrative Officer exam is one of the most important examinations. Below you will find all the important information like recent notification, vacancies, exam pattern and other related details on NICL Administrative officer exam.
Below are the highlights of NICL AO or NICL Administrative Officer Exam:
|Exam Name||National Insurance Company Limited Administrative Officer|
|Conducting Authority||National Insurance Corporation Limited|
|Exam Date:||To be announced|
|Exam Duration||Prelims - 60 minutes Mains exam - 2 hours 30 minutes|
|Recruitment Stages||Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, and Interview|
|Official Website||national insurance.nic.co.in|
NICL AO 2021 Notification
The start date, as well as the NICL exam last date for 2021, has not been published yet, the notification and further information are said to be released soon after which online registrations will be made available.
The NICL AO exam notification is released by the NICL so that candidates can prepare for the examination and be aware of what they can expect in regards to the NICL mains exam dates, important questions, or the number of vacancies that could be released, etc.
NICL AO 2021 Exam Date
The NICL committee conducts various examinations where candidates are required to qualify for the post of Administrative officers, which is considered one of the most popular posts in the insurance field.
The conducting board allows candidates to join the post of Administrative officers in the National Insurance Company limited this opportunity. The NICL Administrative Officer exam date has not been released by the conducting authority yet.
The tentative dates for NICL AO Exam 2021 are as follows:
|NICL AO 2021 Official notification||To be announced|
|Last date to apply||To be announced|
|Prelim Exam||To be announced|
|Prelim Result||To be announced|
|Mains exam||To be announced|
|Mains result:||To be announced|
|Interview Date||To be announced|
|Final Result||To be announced|
NICL AO 2021 Exam Pattern
The NICL 2021 Exam Pattern for Administrative Officer is conducted in three stages, and they are as follows:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Personal Interview
NICL AO Exam Pattern: Below is the NICL AO exam pattern for Prelims and Mains Exam:
|Exam Stage||Subjects||No. of Questions||Time Duration|
|English (Objective)||40||30 minutes|
The final round of the interview is where a candidate must carry all the required certificates and degrees that have been mentioned in their application form for verification.
NICL AO 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The NICL 2021 eligibility criteria set by the conducting authorities must be fulfilled by a candidate to appear for the examinations. For the NICL AO position, the candidate must meet the eligibility criteria in terms of age limit and educational qualification.
The age limit of a candidate must be between 21 and 30 years of age. Candidates belonging to SC, OBC, ST, PwD, Ex-servicemen will be provided with relaxation in the upper age limit.
|Ex. Servicemen||5 years|
|Defence Personnel||3 years|
The candidate has to be a citizen of India, Bhutan, Nepal, or of an Indian Origin.
A graduate from any university recognised by the government in any discipline with an aggregate of 60%.
NICL AO 2021 Vacancy
The vacancies for NICL 2021 depend as per the requirement of the conducting body. Information regarding the job will be made available after the notification has been released.
Below is an overview of the past events in regards to vacancies for Administrative Officer:
|Year||Number of vacancies|
|2021||To be announced|
NICL AO 2021 Application Form
The NICL 2021 Application Form will be available online on the official website of NICL. The details of the Application Fee for NICL 2021 are given below:
NICL AO 2021 Exam Application Fee structure
Candidates can pay their application fee via online payment by debit card, credit card, internet banking, IMPS.
|General||INR 600 including intimation changes|
|SC/ST/PwD||INR 100 (intimation charges only)|
Documents Required for NICL AO 2021 Application Form:
- Bank details
- Graduation Marksheet
- Valid Email ID
- Contact Number
- Scanned Photograph and Signature
Guidelines for Photograph and Signature:
Aspirants have to follow the below instructions to scan their photograph and signature.
- Size of the picture should be between 20kb-50kb.
- Dimensions of the signature should be between 140x60 pixels.
- The file size has to be in 10kb-20kb.
NICL 2021 Exam Application Process
Candidates can complete their NICL 2021 Application Process online, which is a reasonably straightforward process to follow. They must also note that there is no offline mode for these examinations.
Below are the guidelines on how to apply for the application online:
- Visit the official NICL website.
- On the home page, select the link" recruitment.'
- Click on ‘NICL AO apply online' link.
- Click on 'New registration.’
- Enter all the details such as your name, parents name, email id, contact number, etc.
- Click on submit.
- A password and your registration number will appear on the screen.
- Scan your passport size photo and signature and upload it.
- Enter your education qualification, make sure to cross-check it with what's given on your mark sheet or certificates.
- After that, enter details regarding your category, date of birth, disabilities, exam centre, etc.
- Review your application for, make sure it is free of any errors before submitting.
- Click on Final submit
- For payment, click on payment tab
- Select which bank, enter bank details
- Click on Submit
- Print out the confirmation page
NICL AO 2021 Syllabus
The board conducts various exams to appoint candidates in the insurance company. Below is a detailed syllabus of the NICL exam for both prelims as well as the mains:
- Data sufficiency
- Verbal reasoning
- Coding-decoding (new as well as an old pattern)
- Order and Ranking
- Direction based problems
- Seating Arrangement (circular, square and linear)
- Inequality (both direct and coded
- Syllogism (new as well as direct)
- Blood Relations
- Alphanumeric Series
- Reading comprehension
- Sentence Improvement
- Para jumbles
- Para/Sentence Completion
- Cloze test
- Spotting Errors
- Fill in the blanks/Double Fillers
- Data Sufficiency
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- Time & Work
- Mixture and Allegations
- Quadratic Equations
Arithmetic Topics Including
- Problems on ages
- Profit loss and discount
- Time speed and distance
- Boats & Streams
- Mathematical Inequalities
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Current Affairs
- Insurance Awareness
- Banking Awareness
- Books & Authors
- Important Places
- Important Days and Themes
- General Knowledge (Economics, banking, History, currencies, geography)
- Fundamentals of COmputer
- History of computer
- Computer Shortcuts
- Important Abbreviations
NICL AO 2021 Descriptive Exam Syllabus
Candidates for the descriptive test are given three questions of 30 marks, which will include
The descriptive topics for the NICL AO exam or the syllabus for NICL AO are vast, but a candidate can crack the examination with immense hard work from practising the online tests.
NICL AO 2021 Admit Card
Admit cards will be issued only to those candidates who qualify for the preliminary round of the NICL 2021 exam.
Below are the steps on how to download the NICL 2021 Admit card:
- Check the official webpage of NICL.
- On the homepage, click on the ‘recruitment of Accounts apprentice’ link.
- Under the section, click on the ‘download interview call letters’ link.
- Enter the required details to download the NICL hall ticket
- Select ' the login tab,' and you will find your NICL Admit card.
- Save and take a print out of the hall ticket for exam purposes.
NICL AO 2021 Selection Process
The selection process of NICL 2021 will be determined by the total score secured in the Main exams and the interview. The weightage or the selection is determined by the combined marks obtained in online examination and interview, which will be 80:20(ratio), respectively.
Aspirants who qualify the first round, which is the preliminary exam, are shortlisted for the Mains exam. The ones eligible for the main exam level will be invited for the interview process, which would be the final round.
The selection process in detail is as follows :
Step 1: Fill the application form with the required information and pay the fees
Step 2: Download the Admit Card
Step 3: Appear for the online tests, which is the preliminary and mains exam.
Step 4: Candidates who have cleared the first rounds will be invited for an interview.
Step 5: The result will be declared on the official website in the form of a merit list that will have your roll numbers of qualified candidates.
Step 6: The selection will be based upon the final score of the candidates taken from the main exam and interview. The ratio of weightage between the mains exam and the interview is 80:20.
The NICL Exam centre for 2021 is examining various centres or venues in the country. For the preliminary exam, it will be in 33 districts, and the mains exam will be 11 districts.
NICL AO 2021 Salary
An administrative officer’s salary is quite attractive, which is why the competition is extremely high as the exams are not conducted annually. Having said that, though the job is a reputed one, the company also provides attractive perks and allowances, which are a bonus.
The NICL AO offers a pay scale of INR 32795-1610(14)-55,335-1745(4)-62,315, whereas the NICL assistant is provided INR 15,000 at the initial stage.
The details for the NICL AO salary structure are as follows:
|Pay Scale||INR 32795-1610(14)-55,335-1745(4)-62,315|
|Basic Pay||INR 32795 per month|
|Emoluments||INR 51,000 per month|
|CTC||INR 6,50,000 per annum|
NICL AO 2021 Job Profile
Though the salary of an Administrative officer is an attractive one, it comes with many responsibilities.
The responsibility of an Administrative officer working for the NICL is as follows:
- Claim Settlement
- Filing official returns
- Supervision of assistants works
- Maintaining and managing records and receipts.
- Taking care of contracts and agreements
- Taking responsibility for authorising Insurance Claims
- Statutory and regulatory requirements
NICL AO Allowances & Benefits
The post comes with various perks, allowances, and benefits, below is a list of what is provided to an NICL AO.
- Medical Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- City compensatory allowance
- New pension system governed by PFRDA
- Group personal accident insurance
- City compensatory allowance
- Transport allowance
- Reimbursement like a briefcase, newspaper, furniture, etc
NICL AO 2021 Result
The NICL 2021 result for the AO exam is usually declared after each section or phase is completed.
- Visit the official website at nationalinsuranceindia.nic.co.in
- Select the link that says NICL Administrative Officer result".
- You are redirected to a login credential information page.
- Enter details like the hall ticket number, date of birth details.
- The results will be displayed on your screen.
- Select the result status and download it
How to prepare for the NICL AO exam?
One must prepare quite thoroughly to ace the NICL AO exam, as the competition is too high when it comes to being recruited for the post. The NICL exam preparation can be done by following the few points by which a candidate can get shortlisted or qualified for the NICL AO recruitment :
- Thoroughly go through the exam pattern and syllabus, make a study plan or a schedule.
- Download the previous years NICL AO exam question papers and practice them as much as possible
- Go through the free online mock test for NICL AO exam and sample question papers as much as you can, as this would give you an insight or a better understanding of what the exam could be.
- Allot sufficient time as you practice for each part of the exam to complete it on time
Address: 3, Middleton Street, Prafulla Chandra Sen Sarani,
Kolkata, West Bengal, 700071