- What is the JNVST Entrance Exam?
- JNVST 2021 Exam Date
- JNVST 2021 Eligibility
- JNVST 2021 Application Form
- JNVST 2021 Admit Card
- JNVST 2021 Exam Pattern
- JNVST 2021 Syllabus
- JNVST 2021 Result
- JNVST 2021 Expected Cutoff
What is the JNVST Entrance Exam?
The full form of JNVST is Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test. JNVST is an entrance exam conducted by National Vidyalaya Samiti for admission into Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs). The purpose of establishing JNVs is to bring new empowerment to rural education standards. It was the central government scheme that was brought in in the year 1986.
JNV aims to provide education for class 6th to 12th students free of cost. Not only does it educate students, but it also takes care of food and accommodation. Students may attain JNV admission in their 6th grade once a national entrance test has been cleared. That test takes place in February every year.
Applicants may request admission via side entrance or in the ninth class and have to pass the entrance exam for this reason. All JNVST 2021-21, syllabus, review dates, eligibility Requirements, Exam Pattern, Admit Card, etc. are available here.
|Full-Form||Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test|
|Conducting Body||Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|School Name||Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya|
|Basis of Selection||Written Test & Lateral entry|
|Classes Included||VI, IX, XI|
|Area Covered||PAN India|
JNVST 2021 Exam Date
Given below are the important dates of JNVST 2021 exam. The exam date for Class 9th is tentative and will be updated once the official date is announced.
|Events||For 6th Class Exam Date||For 9th Class Exam Date|
|JNVST Application form 2021 Submit date||October 22, 2020||Second week of November 2020|
|Last date of Application Form||December 15, 2020||First week of December 2020|
|Admit Card Release date for Phase 1||April 1, 2021||Third week of January 2021|
|JNVST 2021 phase 1 Examination test date||April 10, 2021||First week of February 2021|
|Result Date||April 20, 2021||To be announced|
JNVST 2021 Eligibility
The Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test 2021 eligibility criteria are listed below and candidates can check for the same:
- The student planning to seek admission to JNV (Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas) must have attained 5th standard education through some district primary school. Those who have already participated in JNVST should not apply for admission to JNVST 2021-21.
- Only the candidates from the concerned district are eligible to apply for admission where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened. To be eligible for the JNVST, the district in which JNV is opened shall be bifurcated at a later date, however, if a new Vidyalaya has yet to be created in the newly bifurcated district, then the old district boundary shall be considered. The applicant for admission must not have been born before May 1, 2007, and after April 30, 2011 (including both dates).
- The applicant seeking admission must not be born before May 1, 2007, and after April 30, 2011 (including both dates). This will apply to candidates from all categories, including those from the Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST), respectively. They may be referred to the Medical Board for confirmation of age in case of doubtful cases of overage compared with the age recorded in the certificate. The Medical board's decision will be treated as final.
- A candidate who appears for the selection test must be studying in Class V for the entire 2019-20 academic session in a government/government-aided or other recognized schools or in the same district where he/she is seeking admission to the National Institute of Open Schooling's 'B' certificate competency course. If declared by the government or by any other agency authorized on behalf of the government, a school will be deemed recognized. Under the National Institute of Open Schooling, schools, where students have obtained a ‘B’ certificate, should have NIOS accreditation.
- Classes III, IV, and V / Government must have been and should be passed on by candidates who are seeking membership in a rural quota. Aided/recognized school spends one full academic session in rural schools each year.
- Candidates who pass the National Institute of Open Schooling's 'B' certificate competency course on or before September 30th, 2019 are also eligible to write an admission test provided they are in the prescribed age group. The rural status of a child from the National Open Schooling Institute will be decided based on a certificate issued by the district's Tehsildar / District Magistrate indicating that the child has been living in rural areas for the last three years. Students who study under the scheme referred to above and reside in urban and notified areas are not eligible for rural quota seats.
- Candidates who were not promoted and admitted to Class-V before September 15, 2019, are not eligible for application. Under any circumstances, no candidate is eligible for the second appearance in the selection test.
For Urban Candidates:
Candidates who were not promoted and admitted to Class-V before September 15, 2019, are not eligible to apply. No candidate is eligible for the second appearance on the selection test under any circumstances.
For Rural Candidates:
- Applicants selected from rural areas will fill at least 75% of the seats in a district and the remaining seats will be filled from the district's urban areas.
- A candidate claiming acceptance under a rural quota has classes III, IV, and V / Government which have been considered and passed. However, the candidate should study a complete Class-V university session from the same district that is sought for admission.
- However, the applicant should study a full Class-V academic session from the same district where they are seeking admission.
- Candidates who study under the National Institute of Open Schooling Schemes should issue the District Magistrate / Tehsildar / Block Development Officer's certificate of rural status.
For Transgender Candidates:
There is no separate reservation for the transgender category candidates and they will be included for reservation purposes in the boys category, in various sub-categories such as rural, urban, SC, ST, and Divyang.
JNVST 2021 Application Form
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti issues the Navodaya Vidyalaya application form for admission. The Online mode of the application form for class 6 has been released on October 22, 2020. Except for online mode, no other application form is accepted. Students are required to carefully complete all the details such as how to fill out the application form and the eligibility criteria before completing the application form. Interested students may use the official website of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Application Form 2021 direct link provided on this page.
The online process for submitting the JNV Selection Test 2021 application has been simplified. Registration can be done cost-free through the NVS admission portal linked by navodaya.gov.in Verification of proof of residence, age, eligibility, etc. will be done for selected candidates through the procedure laid down after the declaration of results. The important dates listed below for the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Application Form 2021 can be checked for the same.
To register for the process, candidates who wish to register for JNVST need to follow these simple steps:
Step 1: The candidates must visit the Samiti's official website, i.e. navodaya.gov.in.
Step 2: On the homepage, you need to click on the registration link in the "What's New" section.
Step 3: Clicking on the link will redirect the candidates to a new web page where they will receive the portal for registration. They need to fill in the necessary details to register.
JNVST 2021 Admit Card
JNVST Admit Card: Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti will issue the admit card according to the date fixed. Those who have successfully registered can access cards from any of the common service centres. Candidates are required to make Rs 10/- payment at the Common Service Center to seek the admit card. If the admit card is not received a week before the exam date, then contact officials via phone quickly.
How to download JNVST Admit Card 2021:
- Visit the official website of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya
- Go to the notification of admission.
- Click on the JNVST 2021-21 Class VI
- A new page will be opened. Enter the password and registration number.
- Download the JNVST admit card 2021
- Take a print out of the admit card.
JNVST 2021 Exam Pattern
- The question paper comprised an overall of 100 questions.
- Each question has a mark of 1 each.
- Mental aptitude (nonverbal reasoning), Maths, and Hindi language were the questions.
- Achieve the maximum qualification marks in the exam.
- The admission is based on the candidate's obtained rank.
- No negative marking will be given for any of the incorrect answers.
- Only 80 candidates who have passed JNVST 2021 can seek admission to Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
The questions and the marking pattern are distributed as follows:
|Section||Total Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Mental Aptitude||50||50||60 Minutes|
|Language Test||25||25||30 Minutes|
JNVST 2021 Syllabus
The JNVST 2021 syllabus and its topic will consist of the following:
- Mental Ability
- The V-Class language level
Mental Ability Section includes:
- Odd-Man Out
- Figure Series Completion
- Figure Matching
- Pattern Completion
- Punched Hold Pattern (Folding/Unfolding)
- Space Visualization
- Geometrical Figure Completion (Square, Triangle, Circle)
- Mirror Imaging
- Embedded Visualization
Arithmetic Section includes:
- The number and numeric system
- The fractional number and four key operations on them.
- Four fundamental operations on the whole number
- Factors and multiple including their properties
- Distance, time and speed
- Simplification of Numerical Expressions,
- Percentage and its applications
- Approximation of expressions
- LCM and HCF of numbers
- Conversion of fractions to decimals and vice-versa
- Decimals and fundamental operations on them
- Applications of the number to measure length, mass, capacity, time, money, etc.
- Simple interest
- Profit and loss
- Perimeter, area, and volume
Language Section includes:
- Reading Comprehension & Grammar
JNVST 2021 Result
The results of JNVST 2021 will most likely be announced in May. The results may be received by candidates from various offices of the District Education Officer, District Magistrate and Deputy Commissioner, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, and Navodaya Vidyalaya of the particular region. The respective Principal may also provide selected candidates with information via post. The link for JNVST Result will be available on JNVST's official website, i.e. navodaya.gov.in.
JNVST Exam Cutoff
The actual cut off marks for both the classes may vary from the cutoff given below. The cut off marks for Class VI & IX for the upcoming session will depend on the following factors:
- No of Candidates appeared for the test.
- Test difficulty level.
- The number of seats that were available in the School.
- Marking Scheme
The usual cut off marks for every year in Class VI and Class IX are given below:
- For Class VI:
|Category||Cut off Marks|
|Other Backward Class(OBC)||70-75|
- For Class IX:
|Category||Cut off Marks|
|Other Backward Class(OBC)||61-70|