The Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDA) exam is conducted by Insurance Institute of India. IRDA is one among the first general insurance company to be established in India. The rules, regulations and guidelines for the Indian Insurance Companies are set by IRDA. It regulates fair practices in order to protect the interests of the customers in the Insurance market. In the Insurance sector of India, IRDA is the highest regulating body.
IRDA examination is a delightful opportunity for the Indian youth to get a respectable job in Government sector. Work under Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India and earn and live handsomely.
- What is IRDA Exam?
- IRDA 2020 Exam Date
- IRDA 2020 Posts Offered
- IRDA 2020 Exam Eligibility
- IRDA 2020 Exam Syllabus
- IRDA 2020 Exam Pattern
- IRDA 2020 Mock Test
- IRDA 2020 Exam Application Form
- IRDA 2020 Admit Card
- IRDA 2020 Exam Centres
- IRDA 2020 Exam Result
What is IRDA Exam?
About IRDA Exam: The full form of IRDA is the Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India. IRDA was introduced to the market in August 2000. It was established to develop the Insurance sector and hereby provide financial support to the Indian household. IRDA is the supervisory body that regulates all the insurance companies in India which include both Life Insurances & General Insurances companies. While monitoring all these activities, IRDA also observes and regulates the development of these industries. IRDA Exam is conducted to recruit Insurance agents for various insurance companies. IRDA exam is also known as Insurance Agent Exam or IC-38 exam.
Qualifying IRDA Exam will get an applicant a License of Insurance which will be valid for a period of 3 years. Post expiry of that license, that candidate will need to attend a 25-hour physical training course to extend it again up to a period of 3 years. They will be issued a Renewal Certificate for it.
Roles & Responsibilities of IRDA:
- To safeguard the interest of policyholders.
- Keeps a check on scams and frauds by setting standards and conduct vigilance.
- Ensure fair dealing in the market.
- Regulates the development of other Insurance Companies to benefit the customers who are investing in policies seeking safety.
IRDA Exam Highlights
|Exam name||Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority Exam|
|Acronym||IRDA Exam (Also known as LIC Agent Exam)|
|Conducting Authority||Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Number of Questions||50|
|Time Allotted||1 hour|
|Maximum Marks||50 marks|
IRDA 2020 Exam Date
IRDA exam does not take place on a particular date. There is no designated date for this test. IRDA exam will be conducted when a set of applicants will apply for it and the conducting body (Insurance Institute of India) will be organizing the test accordingly.
The detailed notification regarding the dates can be found on the official website of the IRDA.
IRDA 2020 Posts Offered
The list of posts for which the IRDA 2020 exam is conducted is given below.
- Assistant Manager
- Manager (Grade B)
- Assistant General Manager (Grade C)
- Deputy General Manager (Grade D)
- General Manager (Grade E)
IRDA 2020 Exam Eligibility
Candidates who are applying for the IRDA 2020 exam should check the eligibility criteria before registering. The educational qualification and age limit criteria to be eligible for IRDA exam is given below.
A candidate should have qualified 10+2 class in case of urban areas. In the case of rural areas, the candidate's class 10th marks will be considered. Candidate has to be 10th class pass if he/she lives in a rural area with a population of less than 5000.
- Candidate's age must be above 18 years.
- There is no upper age limit to apply for the IRDA 2020 exam.
Candidates belonging to the reserved category has few relaxations in the upper age limit. The details are given below.
- Scheduled Caste(SC)/ Scheduled Tribe(ST) – 5 years
- Other Backward Caste(OBC) category – 3 years
- PwD candidates- 10 years
IRDA 2020 Exam Syllabus
Candidates must have a clear idea about the syllabus for IRDA 2020 exam. The Insurance related questions in the IRDA exam will be based on the following topics or syllabus. Other than the insurance questions, the syllabus also comprises English language, quantitative aptitude, reasoning, general awareness etc.
- Introduction to Insurance
- Customer Service
- Grievance Redressal Mechanism
- Regulatory Aspects of Insurance Agents
- Legal Principle of an Insurance Contract
- What Life Insurance involves
- Financial Planning
- Life Insurance Products 1 and 2
- Applications of Life Insurance
- Pricing and valuation in Life Insurance
- Documentation- Proposal Stage and Policy condition
- Payments under a Life Insurance Policy
- Introduction to Health Insurance
- Insurance Documentation
- Health Insurance Products
- Health Insurance Claims
- Health Insurance Underwriting
Other Insurance related topics
- Providing Technical Product Information
- Providing professional advice
- Fulfilling legal and regulatory requirements
- Understanding Customer Protection and Ethics
IRDA 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates appearing for the IRDA exam must have a clear idea about the pattern of both Prelims and Mains exam. They must know the types of question, marking scheme, exam duration and other patterns before attempting the paper. The IRDA 2020 exam pattern is set by the conducting body of IRDA. The IRDA exam pattern comprises of three stages
- Phase I: Prelims Exam
- Phase II: Mains Exam
- Phase III: Interview
IRDA 2020 Exam Pattern Prelims
- The IRDA 2020 Prelims exam is an online objective type exam. A total of 4 sections in which each section comprises 40 questions.
- Candidates can write the paper in these two languages: Hindi or English except for the English Language Section.
- +1 mark is awarded for each correct answer. There will be a deduction of 1/4 marks for every wrong response.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
IRDA 2020 Exam Pattern Mains
- The IRDA 2020 Mains exam paper is of descriptive type. It comprises 3 sections which need to be completed in 3 hours.
- Phase III of the IRDA exam is an interview/personality test.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on the overall marks obtained in the three sections of Phase I.
- The final selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained in Phase II & Interview round.
|Economic & Social Issues Impacting Insurance||100|
|Insurance & Management||100|
IRDA 2020 Mock Test
Candidates can take a mock test for IRDA exam 2020 to know the pattern of examination. The original IRDA exam will have questions with 5 possible options. It will be a multiple-choice question (MCQ) paper. The candidates can apply for the IC 38 mock test at www.iiiexams.org/demoexams/examDetails.html
IRDA 2020 Exam Application Form
- Candidates who are interested to apply for IRDA exam will have to apply through online mode.
- Before applying for IRDA exam, the interested candidate has to get 50-hours training from a training institute which is IRDA approved to act as a Life or General Insurance agent. For the candidates who have to become a Composite (Life & General) Insurance Agent have to complete 75 hours of training.
- Candidates will have to fill the form for IRDA exam with correct details. After that, they will need to pay the registration fee for the exam. Candidates will be able to pay the IRDA Exam fees through online payment mode on NSEIT website.
Online Payment of IRDA 2020 Exam Fees
Candidates will have to pay the IRDA exam fees on the website of NSEIT (nseitexams.com/OnlinePayment). Candidates will need to type the unique registration number (URN) and then they will be redirected to the page on which they have to pay the fee via Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking.
More than 35 bank options will be present for the NSEIT payment of the fee. Transaction fee and Service Tax will be applicable to the payment of fee as per the bank norms. After you pay the IRDA exam fee successfully, you will receive the exam schedule the next day.
IRDA 2020 Admit Card
Candidates will need to download the admit card for IRDA exam from the official website (www.iiiexams.org). Candidates have to go the "Print Hall Ticket" option and enter their credentials, and the admit card will appear on the screen. IRDA authority will not be sending the IRDA admit card to the candidates via post/courier. Hence, the candidates should download the admit card as long as there is the deadline to download that.
Candidates must bring the IRDA Admit card along with a valid photo identity proof such as Voters ID, Driving License, Passport, Aadhar card etc to the exam centre
Contents of IRDA Exam Admit Card
The admit card of the candidate will have the following information on it:
- Name of the Candidate
- Father's Name
- Name of the allotted exam centre
- Address of the allotted exam centre
- Exam centre code
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
How to download the IRDA 2020 Admit Card?
To download the IRDA 2020 admit card, candidates must follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of IRDA.
- Search for the link "IRDA 2020 Admit Card Download."
- Enter login credentials.
- Download the admit card & take the printout of the same.
IRDA 2020 Exam Centres
You can find the nearest possible exam centre located at your location by going to the official website of the Insurance Institute of India (http://www.iiiexams.org/). To check the nearest location of the exam centre, you will need to input the PIN code of your location. Afterwards, it will display you the test centres with their codes. Candidates must choose the exam centre of their choice at the time of filling the application form.
The list of exam centres where IRDA 2020 exam is conducted is given below.
|IRDA Exam Centres|
IRDA 2020 Exam Result
The IRDA exam result will be declared in the form of a merit list. Candidates will be able to download their score from the official website - www.irdai.gov.in
How to download the IRDA 2020 Result?
To download the IRDA 2020 result, candidates must follow the step by step process given below:
Step 1: Candidates need to visit the official website of IRDA - www.irdai.gov.in
Step 2: On the home page, search for the IRDA Result 2020. A new page will be redirected where candidates need to enter their credentials.
Step 3: The IRDA exam merit list will be displayed on the screen. Candidates must download and take a printout of the result for future reference.
In case of any queries/ doubts related to the IRDA exam and recruitment, candidates can contact at the given address below.
Address: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India, Hyderabad (Head Office)
Sy No.115/1, Financial District,
Nanakramguda, Gachibowli, Hyderabad-500032
Phone: Ph: (040) 20204000
Email: [email protected] (Monday to Saturday between 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM)