DRDO conducts exams to recruit candidates across various posts under Technicians, Scientists, and MTS. It is of utmost importance that candidates go through the syllabus for the post they are applying for. Below is a list of of all the topics that come under each DRDO examination:
- DRDO Syllabus - Scientist 'B Post
- DRDO MTS Syllabus
- DRDO Apprentice Syllabus
- DRDO CEPTAM 9 Syllabus (Technician A or Tech A)
- DRDO Senior Technical Assistant B Syllabus
DRDO Scientist ‘B’ Syllabus 2021
DRDO ‘Scientist ‘B’ Syllabus is as follows:
1. Chemical Engineering - Fluid Mechanics and, Mechanical Operations, Process Calculations and Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Databases, Mass Transfer, Digital Logic, Theory of Computation, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Chemical Technology, Instrumentation and Process Control, Plant Design and Economics, DRDO SET Exam Syllabus For Computer Science and Engineering (CS):, Compiler Design, Computer Organization and Architecture, Programming and Data Structures Algorithms, Computer Networks,
2. Computer Science Engineering - Engineering Mathematics, Discrete Mathematics, Digital Logic, Computer Organization and Architecture, Programming and Data Structures, Algorithms, Compiler Design, Databases, Computer Networks, Security of Cyber-Systems, AI and Machine Learning.
3.Electronics and Communication Engineering: Networks, Signals and Systems, Communications, Analog Circuits, Control Systems, Electromagnetics, Electronic Devices, Digital Circuits.
4.Electrical Engineering: Signals and Systems, Control Systems, Power Systems, Electric Circuits and Fields, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Power Electronics and Drives, Electrical Machines.
5.Mechanical Engineering: Strength of Materials, Forming, Engineering Mechanics, Operations Research, Engineering Materials, Theory of Machines, Joining, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Production Planning and Control: Inventory Control, Vibrations, Design, Fluid Mechanics, Heat-Transfer, Metal Casting, Thermodynamics, Applications, Machining and Machine Tool Operations, Metrology and Inspection.
6. Instrumentation Engineering: Mechanical Measurement and Industrial Instrumentation, Transducers, Analog Electronics, Control Systems and Process Control, Digital Electronics, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Basics of Circuits and Measurement Systems, Signals, Systems, and Communications, Analytical, Optical and Biomedical Instrumentation,
7. Logical Relations: Analogies: Blood Relations, Artificial Language, Cause and Effect, Syllogism, Clocks, Calendars, Coding-Decoding, Critical path, Ranking, Cubes and cuboids, Data Sufficiency, Alphanumeric series, Decision Making, Mirror and Water Images, Odd One Out, Deductive Reasoning/Statement Analysis Dices, Picture Series and Sequences, Paper Folding, Input-Output, Statement and Assumptions, Directions, Embedded Images, Figure Matrix, Pattern Series and Sequences, Seating Arrangements, Statement and Conclusions, Shape Construction Simple equation and age problems
8. Spatial Reasoning: Directions, Arithmetical Reasoning, Problem-Solving, Figural Series,
Verbal & Figure Classification, Similarities & Differences, Analogies, Relationship Concepts, Space Visualization, Coding-Decoding, Arithmetical Number Series, Decision-Making, Analysis & Judgment, Discrimination, Visual Memory, Data Sufficiency etc.
9.English: Articles: Sentence Rearrangement, Adverb, Antonyms, Vocabulary, Conclusion, Subject-Verb Agreement, Word Formation, Grammar, Fill in the Blanks, Theme detection, Passage Completion, Sentence Completion, Idioms & Phrases, Unseen Passages, Synonyms, Tenses, Verb, Error Correction.
DRDO MTS Syllabus 2021
DRDO MTS Syllabus is as follows:
1. General Intelligence & Reasoning: Similarities And Differences, Space Visualization, Problem-Solving, Analysis, Judgment, Decision Making, Visual Memory, Discriminating, Observation, Relationship Concepts, Figure Classification, Arithmetical Number Series, Non-Verbal Series etc.
2. General Awareness: Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, Scientific Research
3. Quantitative Aptitude & Numerical Ability: Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and the relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount use of Tables and Graphs, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work etc.
4. General Science: Physics, Chemistry, Biology
5. General Mathematics: Fundamental Arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Profit and Loss, Simple Interest, Average, Discount, Partnership, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Mensuration
6. General English: Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Error, Sentence correction, Fill in the blanks, Comprehension
DRDO Apprentice Syllabus 2021
DRDO Apprentice Syllabus is as follows:
1. English Language Syllabus: Sentence Completion, Sentence Improvement, Prepositions, Para Completion, Error Correction (Underlined Part), Fill in the blanks, Idioms and Phrases, Active Voice and Passive Voice, Spotting Errors, Synonyms, Joining Sentences, Sentence Arrangement, Substitution, Error Correction, Antonyms, Passage Completion.
2. General Knowledge Syllabus: Artists, Geography, Sports, Literature, General Science, Famous Books & Authors, Civics, Indian History, Indian Parliament, Famous Days & Dates, Inventions and Discoveries, Famous Places in India, Environmental Issues, Tourism, Biology, Rivers, Lakes and, Seas, Countries and Capitals, Indian Economy, Indian Politics, Heritage, Current Affairs.
3. Numerical Ability Syllabus; Boats and Streams, Average, Data Interpretation, Number Systems, Profit and Loss, Ratio and Proportion, Time, Work, Distance, Problems on Ages, Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Percentages, Simplification, H.C.F. and L.C.M.Discounts, Fundamental Arithmetical operations etc.
4. Reasoning Syllabus: Number Ranking, Arithmetical Reasoning, Blood Relations, Embedded Figures, Non-Verbal Series, Cubes and Dice, Clocks & Calendars, Directions, Analogy, Data Interpretation, Coding-Decoding, Decision Making, Syllogism, Number Series, Mirror Images, Alphabet Series, Statements & Arguments, Statements & Conclusions.
5. Mathematics Syllabus: Profit & Loss, Simple Interest, Partnership, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Decimals and Fractions, Relationship Between Numbers, Fundamental Arithmetical Operations, Percentage, Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Ratio & Proportion, Average, Discount, Use of Tables and Graphs, Mensuration.
DRDO CEPTAM Technician A Syllabus 2021
1. DRDO Technician A Syllabus 2021 – Quantitative Aptitude: Simple & Compound Interest, Number System, HCF, LCM, Simplification, Ratio and Proportion, Unitary Method, Decimal, Fraction, Time and Work, Profit and loss, Average, Percentage, Time and Distance, Mensuration, Algebra etc.
2. DRDO General Intelligence & Reasoning Syllabus 2021: Syllogism, Mathematical Operation, Arithmetical Reasoning, Clock and Calendar, Time Sequence, Number and Ranking Test, Number Puzzle, Logical Sequence of Words, Venn Diagrams, Blood Relation, Analogy, Statement and Reasoning, Completion of Figure, Visual Reasoning, Cube and Dice, Paper Cutting and Folding, Matrix Reasoning, Classification, Coding and Decoding, Series, Direction and Distance.
3. Defense Research & Development Organization English Syllabus 2021: Phrase Replacement, Sentence Improvement, Fill in the Blanks, Wrong Spelt, One Word Substitution, Error Spotting, Oxymoron, Active Voice and Passive Voice, Onomatopoeia, Anaphora, British English – American English, Direct and Indirect Speech, Ellipsis, Repetition, Apostrophe, Alliteration, Allusion, Jumbled Sentence, Simile, Reading Comprehension, Metaphor, Personification, Cloze Test
4. DRDO Tech A Syllabus 2021 – General Knowledge: Important Days, Indian History, Books and Authors, International and National Organizations, Science and Technology, Sports, Abbreviations, General Policy, Countries and Capitals, Science – Inventions & Discoveries, Awards and Honors, Capitals of India, Indian Economy, Budget and Five Year Plans, Current Affairs – National and International, Indian National Movement.
5. DRDO Technician A General Science Syllabus 2021: Natural Products and Drugs, Nuclear Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics and Thermodynamics, Organic reaction mechanism and Stereochemistry, Organometallic compounds, Bioinorganic chemistry, and Polymers, Electrochemistry, Analytical Chemistry and Instrumental methods.