Did you know a student interested in hotel management can opt such a course immediately after completing 10th standard? Here’s all you need to know about it. This article will give all the necessary information about hotel management courses after 10th, read through the article to find out about hotel management courses after 10th in India.
- What is Hotel Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management Courses after 10th
- Popular Hotel Management Certification Courses
- Hotel Management Course Skillset
- Hotel Management Course Career Scope
- Diploma In Hotel Management Colleges in India
What is Hotel Management?
Hotel management involves looking at the administrative tasks of a hotel or resort.
Hotel management includes everything related to the hotel industry such as marketing, hotel administration, catering management, accounts, and housekeeping. Usually, students pursue hotel management courses after completing their 12th standard but candidates who know which field they wish to pursue their career in, what better than to start early on to gain knowledge and experience. There are various diploma and certificate courses that students can pursue after class 10th which are job oriented and also help students to plan their career ahead.
Diploma in Hotel Management Courses after 10th
Diploma courses in hotel management after 10th are the best options for the students who wish to kick start their careers in early-stage. These diploma hotel management courses after the 10th class have a course duration of 2 years. The students have the opportunity to choose the best hotel management course after 10th pass, as per their preferences and conveniences.
Here's a list of recommended courses with different specializations:
- Diploma In Hotel Management
- Diploma In Front Office Operations
- Diploma in Hotel And Hospitality
- Diploma in Food And Beverage Production
- Diploma in Food And Catering Technology
- Diploma in Hotel Management And Catering Technology
- Diploma in Food And Beverage Production
- Diploma in Bakery And Confectionery
- Diploma In Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Diploma In Food Services
Students aspiring to become chefs or entrepreneurs can pursue their specialization in diploma in bakery and confectionary or diploma in food production and beverage. This provides them with intensive training in culinary arts.
Some of the subjects covered in hotel management courses include sales and marketing, hotel and catering law, accommodation operation, facility planning, front office operation, hotel maintenance, property management, food and beverage services, etc.
Popular Hotel Management Certification Courses
- Certificate in Food And Beverage Production
- Certificate in Front Office Operations
- Certificate In House Keeping
- Certificate In Hotel And Catering Management
Hotel Management Course Skillset
They must possess the patience, leadership qualities, and management skills to pursue hotel management courses after 10th. Other key skills include discipline, ability to multitask, team spirit, creativity, pleasant personality, ability to be committed, dedication to each task and the most important ability is to handle criticism. Students are expected to learn to be cooperative, polite, and respectful towards their clients/guests at all times.
Students can choose their specialization based on interests, pursue a career in that field, and reach the stairs of success eventually. Candidates who wish to make a career in the hospitality industry must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as there’s constant engagement with the clients.
Hotel Management Course Career Scope
On graduating with diploma degree or vocational courses the students would be engaged in roles like hotel manager, restaurant manager, operations manager, housekeeping staff, front office manager, etc. Career prospects include in sectors like airline and travel, tourism offices, event management, and catering companies, etc.
Pursuing hotel management courses after 10th, students can develop this into a lucrative career option unlike a few years back the scenario was completely different. After 10th students can jump straight into making their career in the hospitality industry by pursuing either diploma or certification courses that will help students in getting a headstart in their career.
On completing such courses a student is equipped to gain knowledge, skills and handle efficiently the management and supervisory responsibilities that come with it. India is a major tourist destination spot in the world which has led to a surge in hotel and hospitality services. There are ample amount of opportunities that are presented as the industry is growing very rapidly giving an edge over students who wish to pursue their career at an early age.
Does Hotel Management have an International Job Scope?
Due to globalization the hotel management is growing, this came with a lot of job opportunities being injected into the economy in recent years. Thus, hospitality management has proved fruitful for students to pursue their career in such a field.
Exciting Facts That You Never Knew About Hotel Management Industry!
- Considered among one of the fastest-growing industries in the service sector
- In 2017, global market industry size was over $570 billion
- In 2019, this industry created a global revenue of over $850 billion
- Important contributor for employment opportunities to people with various background
Diploma In Hotel Management Colleges in India
- VELS University, Chennai
- KKHSOU, Guwahati
- HIHM, Delhi
- College of Hospitality Administration, Jaipur
- Garden City University, Bangalore
Check other Related Courses:
- Bachelor of Hotel Management
- Master of Hotel Management
- BSc Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- MBA Hotel Management