Eligibility Criteria University of Agricultural Sciences, [UAS] Raichur:
Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc:
- The applicant must have completed two years PUC science examination of the Department of Pre-University Education, Government of Karnataka with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with any one science subject or an inter-agriculture subject for them to be eligible for admission process.
Application process at University of Agricultural Sciences, [UAS] Raichur:
Application Process for B.Sc (Agriculture):
- Application for admission by eligible applicants shall be made to the REGISTRAR, UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES, DHARWAD-580 005 on a prescribed form which may be obtained from the Registrar’s Office as per the notification issued by the university from time to time on payment of requisite fees in the form of demand draft.
- Applications can also be downloaded by eligible applicants seeking admission from the university website and in such cases, the eligible applicant may send demand draft towards requisite application fees along with filled in applications.
- The application fees for undergraduate degree programme is Rs.500/-(Rs.250/- for SC/ST/Cat-I candidates seeking admission)
- For admission to all the undergraduate degree programmes, eligible applicants can submit a common application.
- Eligible applicants seeking admission from foreign countries are required to send their applications through the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Krishi Bhavan, New Delhi-110 001, India.
Admission Process at University of Agricultural Sciences, [UAS] Raichur:
Admission Process for B.Sc:
- Selection of the eligible candidate for admission will be made on basis of a merit list prepared according to marks obtained in the +2 level examination.
For the seats reserved for Eligible Agriculturists or Children/ward of Agriculturists, admission shall be as follows:
- The merit list will be prepared based on 50% marks secured in PCB in II year PUC science and 50% marks secured in the practical test of the eligible applicant seeking. The practical test shall be conducted for 200 marks in the university on the specified date for eligible applicants seeking admissions.
The practical test shall consist of any or all of the following:
- Ploughing over a short length
- Yoking of Bullocks
- How to approach Cattle for milking
- How to hold a lamb or sheep
- Identification of Agricultural Implements
- Identification of Grains
- Identification of Agricultural Fertilizers / Manures
- Identification of Fruits / Vegetables
- Identification of Agricultural Crops
- Identification of Agricultural / Veterinary / Fishing Equipment
- Identification of Forest Species
- Identification of Fodder Crops
- Identification of Farm Animals
- Transplanting of Paddy
- Harrowing over a short length
- Seeds sowing
The applicants seeking admission who fail to appear for the practical test will be considered as ‘Not eligible’. Those applicants who attend the Practical Test and score less than 100 marks will also be considered as ‘Not eligible’ for claiming admission seats under this quota.
Reservation Criteria for Admissions
- 23.8% for agriculturist seeking admission.
Remaining 76.2% are general out of which further reservations are as follows:
- Rural candidate admissions- 15%
- Kannada Medium Study admissions - 5%
- Special categories admissions - 12% (SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Children of defence personnel or ex-servicemen/Sports quota etc.)
- 15% – NRI’s.