Eligibility Criteria at Tawi Engineering College, [TEC] Pathankot
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech:
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- The candidate must have studied Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Computer Science as one of the optional subjects.
- Students may have passed diploma in any engineering trade from the Punjab State Board of Technical Education.
Lateral Entry to Second Year:
The minimum qualification for admission to 2nd year/ 3rd semester of the B.Tech. degree courses are as under:
- The candidates must have passed the diploma in Engg. Technology in any branch (as per list attached in Information Brochure of PTU) from any Institution of Punjab / other State and have Punjab Domicile.
- The candidate must have passed with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (for SC/ ST 40% J or equivalent grade point.
- If some seats remain vacant even after considering all the aforesaid candidates, then candidates from outside Punjab who have passed the diploma in any branch of Engineering/ Technology (as per list attached in Information Brochure of PTU) from any other institution in the country, affiliated to any recognized Board will be given admission.
- Those candidates must have passed with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST 40% ] or equivalent grade point.
- The candidate must possess a good moral character.
- He / She must fulfil the conditions mentioned in Punjab Government Notification No. 35/44/95-fT(2]/978 dated 21.3.2003 incorporated in PTU, CET Brochure.
- He / She must fulfil the requirements laid down by PTU.
- He/ She must be a citizen of India.
Application Process at Tawi Engineering College, [TEC] Pathankot
Application Process for B.Tech:
- Candidates willing to apply can avail the application forms from The University making sure that they fit the eligibility criteria as well.
- Candidates will have to have their certificates from their previous education for applying.
- Candidates are also advised to have their entrance exam marks.
Admission Process at Tawi Engineering College, [TEC] Pathankot
Admission Process for B.Tech:
- Admissions to all seats are made on the basis of merit of AlEEE/10+2 marks.
- Admission is carried out on the basis of AIEEE rank for Punjab domiciles and for students belonging to other states through online counselling conducted by PTU, Jalandhar.
- 66.6% seats from the State Quota while 33.3% seats in each discipline are reserved for Management Quota.
- 10% seats of total intake of each branch are filled in the second year out of which 33.3% seats are reserved as management quota which is filled directly by the college.
- Admissions to all seats are made on the basis of merit in qualifying exam.