|Bachelor of Education [B.Ed]||1 year(s)||12,500|
|Master of Education [M.Ed]||1 year(s)||50,000|
St. Ignatius’ training college for women was established in Palayamkottai in the year 1957 by the Missionary Sisters of the congregation of St. Augustine, who had their modest beginning in caring for the orphans and equipping women with technical skill. This opened up a whole new history of service and growing together. Through their various ministries they empowered children and women by imparting education, faith formation, health care an awareness of the forces operative in society, thus fulfilling their roles as missionaries and visionaries.
In the second half of the twentieth century, the Southern parts of Madras state felt and expressed the yearning for an institution that would train women – teachers donned with values, virtues and valour to encounter the then social and political context by heeding to the words of our Mother Foundress, Sr. Demeestes.
The institution has support services like Library, Computer lab, Psychology lab, Technology lab, Physical Science lab and Biology lab. A well furnished hostel provides a fruitful residential, life for the students. There are sufficient indoor and outdoor games and sports facilities. The committed and earnest services of the management and faculty have been duly accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade. We march forward with an aim to zealously cherish this ascribed status and endeavour further to expand our academic mission towards new horizons and thus we have attained Autonomous status increasing 200 seats for B.Ed. and 50 for M.Ed. on the year 2008 and 2010, they have celebrated our Golden Jubilee in 2008.
Affiliation and Accreditation:
Email: [email protected]