Shri. Shivaji Jr. College of Education is situated at Urun – Islampur in the Walwa Taluka of the Sangli district in Southern Maharashtra. It was founded in June, 1953 by Late Shri. S. D. Patil (Ex. M. P.), an educationalist and social reformer in pursuit of “Bahujan Hitay, Bahujay Sukhay” (for the good of many, for the properity of many) The college has been rendering valuable service in the field of education, sports, Social service and cultural activities since its establishment.
The college was recognized under by NCTE in 2001, and permanently code 112112 and permently affilated to Maharashtra State Exam council Pune Code No. 4307.The college have been Sanctioned a non granteble scfrate unite on Dated 01/11/2004.
Walwa Taluka Education Society was founded in 1945 by Late Shri. S. D. Patil and his co-workers for the educational uplift and the welfare of the society. Late Shri. S. D. Patil was very active in the social and political activities in the Southern Maharashtra. He was elected as a M. L. A., M. P. and President of Zilla Parishad from Sangli district. He was interested in spreading education to the door of the masses. He believed that education can improve the life of the common and backward classes in rural Maharashtra. So he founded ‘Walwa Taluka Education Society’ in 1945 and started different institutions. Today, the management runs 25 institutions under the able guidance of Hon. Adv. B. S. Patil, Honorary Secretary and Adv. Dhairyashil Patil, Joint Secretary of ‘Walwa Taluka Education Society’
For every educational programmers educationist prescribe or suggests curriculum contains theory and practical’s also practical are useful to understand the theoretical parts become practical’s are always based on theory But what about society from which student comes into school or college These theories and practical’s never helps students to understand social and its mature &transaction For that co-corticated activities helps students to achieve all above.The main Goal of the college is to encourage students to participate in extra-curricular activities and to promote literary activities in the college and organize the lectures of eminent personalities in the various fields for students.
1) “Education for the welfare and the betterment of the masses”
2) “The overall personality development of the students”
1) To impart liberal and efficient education to the residence of Walwa Taluka and nearby areas in general.
2) To attain and inculcate discipline in terms of regularity, sincerity and punctuality amongst the students.
3) To aim at overall personality development of the students through extra - curricular activities.
4) To organize various extension activities in addition to S. S. for cultivation of values like national integration, patriotism, humanism, socialism, secularism and peace.
5) To provide efficient mechanism for self-appraisal and performance appraisal of the teachers.
6) To promote literary activities in the college.
7) To encourage students to participate in extra – curricular activities.
8) To organize lectures of eminent personalities in the various fields.
9) To attain community and social development through infrastructural facilities of the institution.
10) To provide Skillful primary teachers to Walwa Taluka and Maharashtra