Infrastructure at Panjab University Swami Sarvanand Giri Regional Centre, [SSGRC] Punjab:
- Aware of the special needs and requirements of students, who come from far-flung places to this center of learning, the Panjab University Swami Sarvanand Giri Regional Centre, Bajwara (Hoshiarpur) tries to provide them a safe, secure and affordable accommodation.
- The University Hostels take pains to give its students a neat and clean environment and a comfortable place to live in.
- There are Wardens and attendants on duty round the clock.
- Each hostel has a dining hall and canteen, Wi-Fi facility, several fridges and water coolers, a visitors' lounge.
- The mess provides a balanced diet at reasonable rates.
- The Common Room is fairly well equipped with current magazines, journals and newspapers.
- There is provision for indoor games, a colour TV and music system.
- Library of this institution provides resources and research support for students of B.E, M.C.A and Law.
- There is a separate reading area for the students to study in peace having access to all the study material.
- A collection of newspapers like The Hindu, The Times of India etc. are kept for the students to be well acquainted with the latest news and excellent vocabulary.
- There is material to prepare for courses like GRE, CAT, GMAT, GATE etc in the library as well.
- The campus owns two buses for commuting students for various practical trainings, placement drives and other trips.
- One bus runs from Hoshiarpur to Chandigarh which has a pick and drop facility for college students on Friday evenings and returns back on Monday mornings.
- It also has a van for local purposes.
The campus has its own dispensary with facilities given below:
- Homeopathy OPD.
- General OPD.
- Two doctors are regularly available from morning 9 am to 5 pm. There is an ambulance for medical emergency purposes.
- The Campus has 24 hours, 20Mbps Leased Line Internet Connectivity.
- The campus is under Wired/wireless (wherever required) networking.
- All the technical departments, Laboratories, Admin Block, Auditorium, Library and faculty rooms are connected with LAN networking.
- Students residing in the hostels are provided with outdoor Wi-fi Connectivity.
- There is a dedicated Internet Lab which is open for all the students, staff and faculty at office hours.
- For catering the need of proactive students, Students Welfare Office and Training and Placement Students room has been provided with 24 hours unlimited access of Internet.
- It allows the Internet connection to be shared with office users over desktops, laptops, handheld devices like iPad, iPhone and more at the same time.
- Its industry-standard encryption technologies - WEP, WPA, WPA2 ensure that only authorized users to connect to the home Wi-Fi network.
Moot Court Hall:
- The Institute provides progressive infrastructure and has provided the students with a Moot Court Hall.
- The Panjab University SSGRC's Cafeteria is located in the spacious and airy campus.
- It serves delicious and hygienic food.
- Refreshments are available at the college canteen at affordable rates.
- Adequate seating facilities are provided to accommodate students and staff even during peak time.
- The college has an auditorium.
- The auditorium is used for activities such as seminars, guest lectures, cultural activities, department functions and other events.
- The auditoriums are equipped with latest public addressing, LCD projectors, slide projectors and comfortable seats.
- The College Auditorium has a fixed stage and can accommodate approximate 350-400 students.