Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology came into existence on 25th September 1954, just seven years after independence of India. It was inaugurated by Sri C.P.N. Sinha, then governor of East Punjab. Initially it was started with Civil Engineering descipline with a batch of 45 students as 1954-55 batch with the name 'College of Civil Engineering, Muzaffarpur'.
Electrical & Mechanical branches were added from session 1960-61 and the institute was renamed as Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology. Pharmacy and Leather Technology were added in 1978 and 1986 respectively. Information Technology and Electronics and Communication Engineering disciplines were introduced in 2001.
Below is the B.Tech 2019 cut off for various categories.
|Civil Engineering||Information Technology||Electrical Engineering||Electronics & Communication Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||Leather Technology|
|Other Backward Caste||326-363||421-555||449-477||575-735||660-702||-|
|Persons with Disability||6111-6810||5975-6566||3041-7006||6302-6948||6917-7890||8487-8487|