MASS College of Arts and Science are situated on the Chennai National Highway, 11km from Kumbakonam in salubrious surroundings. It is run by M.A.S. Subbaiah Chettiar Educational and Charitable Trust. The College is a Co-Educational Institution with a built-in area of 42,000 sq.ft. It is a temple of learning in the temple city of Kumbakonam. It has spacious classrooms as well as state of art laboratories. Well experienced and qualified staff is an asset to the institution.
The college has academically qualified and experienced principal with the band of dedicated professors to form and train the students for the current trends. A well equipped and furnished digitalized library with a knowledge resource centre is at the service of both the students and the faculty to develop their intellectual potential. All the professors are adapting a variety of innovative learning techniques such as video assisted lecture, role-play, symposium, seminar, workshop, debate, group discussion, interactive e-learning, demonstration, etc., to strengthen the student’s academic skills and training.
By giving preference in admission, the college encourages the disadvantaged (physically, socially and economically) students to pursue their professional education in the college unbiased. Training on communication and soft skills and personality development are provided for the student's self-development. They are motivated to participate in the discussions on socio-economic and cultural issues of the nation to make them aware of the challenges of the society. All the international, national, regional and religious festivals are meaningfully celebrated with the active participation of the students and the staff which leads to imbibe the core values such as patriotism, secularism, brotherhood, social justice, etc. As a result, they become the agents of social transformation that leads to the national and global development as well.
The college has a placement cell for providing better employment opportunities to the students. It offers training on various aspects related to employment such as workshop on resume preparation, how to face recruiting panel, orientation on job opportunities across the world and interactions with various corporate pupils so that the students become aware of the global trends and demands.
Teaching methodology took on a new dimension as classroom lectures were supplemented with the use of audio-visual techniques, models, demos, project work, group discussion and seminars, which facilitated better student-teacher interaction and encouraged intellectual initiatives and growth. Today, field work, project work and dissertation contribute to the richness of the student’s learning experience.
- To inculcate proper value systems such as brotherhood, social justice, dignity of labour and patriotism in students.
- To help them excel in communication and soft skills.
- To provide opportunities to enhance their self-concept and gain self-confidence.
- To form as inspiring and effective leaders.
- To foster unity irrespective of their socio-economic and cultural disparities.
- To help them develop an analytic, synthetic, logical and critical mindset this enables them to face the hard reality of life and to initiate the desirable social transformation.
- To encourage extensive reading and to develop their creative self-expression.
- To help the students become integrated persons through harmonious development of physical, intellectual, emotional, social, moral and spiritual powers.
- To produce committed, competent, creative, compassionate and conscientious 'human engineers' as men and women for others.
- To facilitate them to interact and work together, and thus to develop Gender sensitivity.