Career in Hospitality :-
The service industry is one of the most flourishing industries in India today. Hospitality can be termed as the service given to people. The travel and tourism sectors, hotel industries etc are in constant need of the people. The Hospitality Sector mainly focuses on the services that are provided to the customers. However, candidates opting for the Career in Hospitality Sector have to go through a rigorous training program to be able to sustain the ever growing demand of this industry. Many colleges and universities across the country offer courses in the hospitality sector. The career scope after the completion of these courses is very wide and promising.
Depending on one’s qualification one can find jobs in the hospitality sector as Management Trainee, Customer Relations Executive, Marketing/Sales Executive, Kitchen Management/ House Keeping Management, Catering Officer or Chefs in Hotels, Flight Kitchens, Cruises, Fast Food Chains and allied industry. You can also find jobs as cabin crew in National and International Airlines, as Executives in Tourism Development Corporations and Resort properties or as faculty in Hotel Management Institutes or Food Craft institutes. Moreover the option of being a self-employed entrepreneur also remains open.
Lots of lucrative and interesting openings are there for hotel management graduates in various fields like:
- Hotel & Restaurant management
- Airline Catering and Cabin Services
- Club management
- Cruise Ship Hotel Management
- Hospital administration and catering
- Hotel and Tourism Associations
- Forest Lodges
- Guest Houses
- Institutional Management (supervising canteens in college, schools, in factories, company guest houses etc.)
- Catering departments of railways, banks, armed forces, shipping companies etc.
- Hotel and catering institutes
- Self employment