K.D. College of Commerce & General Studies, Paschim Medinipur was established to impart instruction for the commerce honours and pass courses. The only college then in both Purba Medinipur and Paschim Medinipur district engaged in imparting commerce education exclusively is the pioneer in NAAC assessment. The college was accredited "B+" grade by the NAAC peer team visiting the college in 2004. The college offers three years bachelor degree in both honours and general courses in Commerce & Arts as recommended by the West Bengal State Council of Higher Education and affiliated by Vidyasagar University.
Aims & Objective :-
As a teaching & learning centre, the college is committed to the following aims and objectives :
- To impart and encourage comprehensive education of high standard in different branches of learning.
- To prepare the students with advancement of learning for Higher Education and career entry.
- To provide the students with an atmosphere to acquire ethical & more values.
- To develop personality and qualities of good citizenship. xyz
- To emphasize community based programme and work on social issues.
- To motivate the students for undertaking various types of professional courses after the completion of U.G. Studies.
- To acquire the qualities with democratic attitude and to develop a sense of social & civic responsibilities essential for a good citizen.
Why To Join K.D. College Of Commerce?
- Special add-on courses: There are handy add-on courses offered to students of the college. These courses include the highly prestigious UGC sponsored certificate course on Info Accounting.
- Remedial classes: The college holds special remedial classes for students belonging to deprived and backward communities. These classes are sponsored by the UGC and are held absolutely free of charge.
- Dedicated cell for career counselling: Dedicated career counselling facilities are offered to students by the college in tandem with the UGC. Students are provided assistance with regard to finding appropriate job opportunities and avenues for further studies.
- UGC Women study centre: There is a special study centre for women at the college, founded out of a desire to provide equal opportunities to women from backward sections of society.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Contact No: 03222- 275 - 836