The establishment of Dayanand Education Society, Latur, in May 1961 was a landmark in the annals of the history of education in the backward Marathwada Region of Maharashtra, which heralded a new era in the field of professional higher education which was rather an unfulfilled dream due to distant proximity and economic constraints.
Dayanand College of Law took its humble birth in the precious hands of Dayanand Education Society in 1971, imparting professional and legal education to the young and aspiring youth of this region to pursue their career as independent professionals. The College was initially affiliated to Marathwada University, Aurangabad and later on in 1995 the College secured its permanent affiliation to Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded. The College is recognized u/s 2(f) and 12B of the UGC Act and also by the Bar Council of India. The College is located in a sprawling campus of 22 acres of land of the Society with a separate building allotted for the Law College.
- Advancement of institutional expertise in the arena of legal education and research.
- Augmenting academic and professional excellence, developing critical and relentless synergy of theory and practice.
- To make legal education an instrument of social, political and economic transformation in furtherance of quest for justice.
- To prepare promising lawyers with competency in the art of advocacy and judicial administration by promoting excellence in the field of legal education and to meet the ever-increasing demands of new and innovative world.
- To foster an environment, which instills robust sense of professional values to build a community, conscious and committed to use law as means of social welfare.
- To open new vistas of law through incessant endeavor towards developing academic potential, critical and analytical ability, advocacy, counseling and mediation skills and to equip with learning which is intellectually stimulating, socially vital and professionally enriching.
- To create professionally competent, technically skilled and socially relevant lawyers equipped to address the imperatives of the new millennium and uphold the Constitution of India.
- Producing competent professional lawyers by training students in skills such as analytical ability, legal writing, argumentative skills and skills for decision making.
- Preparing conscientious competent members for legal profession.
- Advancing and disseminating the knowledge of law and legal process.
- Inculcating a sense of responsibility towards the society and respect for human life.
- Developing highest standards of professional behaviour and personal integrity.
- Promoting acquisition of knowledge in a rapidly developing and changing society and continually offer opportunities of upgrading knowledge.
- Training the skills in the context of innovations, research and discovery in all fields of human endeavour.