Books / CDs
The library has an impressive collection of more than 16000 books and 650 cds that cover all contemporary management literature. Students also have access to the BHEL Main library and the central library of Bharathidasan University.
Our institution has annual subscriptions to approximately 90 national and international journals. Back volumes of all these journals for atleast 20 years have been maintained for student's reference.
The following online databases are available:
- EBSCO(includes Harvard Business Review)
- CRISIL(Indias premier credit rating agency)
- CAPITALINE +
Reference Books / CDs
Complete encyclopedic volumes on subjects of marketing, finance, operations, systems and HR are available. These books give complete fundamentals and exclusive case studies in each of the subjects. Compiled data on various management research topics are also and important feature of these volumes which are of immense help to the research fraternity. Student project reports for the past ten years are also available for reference.
Text Book Library
The library also maintains multiple copies of standard and prescribed textbooks for the management course.
The library has other requisite study enablers like:
- PCs with high speed internet connectivity for access to the prescribed online databases.
- Online database of resources in the library. Scanners / Photocopiers.
- Dictionaries and other reference material.
- Professional ambience.
||Mr. G Pandiyan, M.A., M.Phil, M.L.I.S
Email: [email protected]
||Mrs. S. Geetha, M.A., M.L.I.S
Mr. P. Kanagasundaram
COMPUTER SYSTEMS AND CONFIGURATIONServer Name and Configuration:
IBM Blade Center HS22 with 4 Blade servers
- 30 Lenovo Intel Core 2 Duo Processor @ 2.53 GHz 1 GB DDR2 250 GB SATA HDD.
- 4 Lenovo Intel Dual Core Processor @ 2.93GHz 320 GB SATA HDD @ 7200 rpm.
- 25 HCL Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5 GHz 4GB DDR3 RAM 500GB HDD.
- 34 HCL Intel Core i5 3.1GHz 4GB DDR3 RAM 500GB HDD
- 4 Dell Studio Laptops Intel core i3 4 GB RAM 320 GB HDD
- 5 HP Pavilion dv5-1104TU Portable Intel Core 2 duo 3GB RAM
- 3 Dell Vostro 2520 Intel Core i5 4GB RAM 500GB HDD
- 1 DELL XPS L502X 15 LAPTOP
- 1 HP Pavilion dv4-1318TU
- HP Pavilion 1x 1000
- 2 HP Compaq nx6310
- Color LaserJet Printer-1No
- LaserJet Printers - 13No’s.
- HP MFP-1 No
- Canon Pixma (Color)-1No
Visual Studio 2005,Visual Studio Professional 2008 Visual Studio Professional 2010, Visual Studio Professional 2013 MS-Project 2003 Professional, MS-Project 2010 Professional,MS-Project 2013 ProfessionalMS-VISIO-Professional 2003, MS-One note 2003, Microsoft Data Analyzer, Microsoft Office InfoPath 2003VB6.0, JAVA, Oracle Developer.
Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2012Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008, Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 Web,SQL Server 2008 R2 Web,Microsoft SQL Server Workgroup Edition 2008 ,Microsoft SQL Server Workgroup Edition 2008 R2, SQL Server 2005.
- System Software
Red Hat Linux Enterprise Edition, Fedora, Ubuntu Servers and Desktops, Red Hat Linux 4, Red Hat Linux 5,Red Hat Linux 6,Windows Server 2012,2008,2003 Windows Workstation, Windows XP Professional SP3, Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Endpoint Protection, Microsoft E-Learning-Win Systems: Win 8, Win7, Vista, XP (SCORM 1.2 packages),Microsoft E-Learning-Applications: Office 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 windows thin Pc
- OR Packages
SPSS v.18, SPSS v.16 SPSS11.5, TORA, LINDO AMPL, Crystal Reports, Crystal Ball
- Web Designer
MS Front Page, Dream Weaver, Adobe Photoshop 7, Adobe Illustrator 9, Macromedia Flash, Shock Wave, Adobe PageMaker 7, Adobe Go live 5, Adobe Live Motion
EBSCO, IBID, CRISIL, INDIASTAT, CMIE (PROWESS, INDUSTRY ANALYSIS SERVICE, BUSINESS BEACON)
Microsoft Campus Agreement(Open Value Subscription)
BIM has recently registered for the Microsoft Campus Agreement(Open Value Subscription)
.This programme provides a complete, inexpensive solution to keep academic labs, faculty and students of BIM on the leading edge of technology.
The numerous benefits that will be derived as part of this membership include:-
- Access to the latest set of Microsoft platforms, servers, and developer tools.
- License to install the software on any number of lab machines for instructional and research purposes.
- Four technical support incidents in addition to access to the managed newsgroups.
- Private newsgroups where faculty can ask technical and administrative questions, collaborate with each other, and talk with the MSDNAA team.
- Comprehensive Web site that provides resources for faculty, including:
- Programme information and news.
- Projects, tutorials, academically focused articles, and curriculum.
The Hostel has:
- Flood-light Volley ball and badminton courts
- Playground for students
- Recreation room with TV and Video facilities
- Table tennis facility
- Provision for indoor games like carom and chess
Talks are on for the following developments as well:
- Common washing machines for students to be able to wash clothes.
- Benches for gardens.
- Yoga classes for students.
- Tree plantation drive.
- Environment week.