Founded in the year 1959 with only 38 students on its rolls, Arya Girls College saw its beginning in the precincts of the Arya Samaj Temple, Dayanand Marg. Ambala Cantt. The sapling was, with the passage of time. Transplanted to the present campus which can boast of very rightly to be the ideal place for girls education both in terms of what swami Dayanand saraswati wanted an educational institution to be and what the present education system expects it to be
Today we are housed in a campus spread over 7 acres of land blessed with all that nature can offord to give spacious play ground, vast campus, blooming flowers and bush green lawns. We have students on the rools studying in Arts, Commerce, career oriented and Add on Courses both certificate and Advance Diploma along with this it also offers P.G Courses in commerce and Arts (Pol. Science) It is our earnest endeavour to help our students to inculcate right values and ideals of simple and chaste living, to live a life of dedication and discipline, to promote national integration and service of humanity keeping in view the tradition set since the very science the very inception of the college, wer attach great importance to all round development of the students.
To give quality education with values for the all round development of all our students and for the upliftment of the society. This is our guiding light. We strive to follow the philosophy of nurturing a healthy human resource which is endowed materially, intellectually, morally and spiritually.
VISION AND OBJECTIVES
The vision of the college finds its origin in the lofty ideals of our founder Swami Dayanand and others who started the institute with a vision of :
- To impart education through latest technology.
- To inculcate moral values, social responsibility and qualities of good citizenship.
- To sensitize students towards environmental concerns, feeling of nationalism and communal harmony.
- To provide a challenging, exciting and personalised academic and social environment.
- To nurture vedic culture and imbibe the ideals of Swami Dayanand- "Education to all".
- To strengthen the urge to excel.
- To create sensitivity towards national and international concerns.
- To support personal growth of students by co-curricular activities.
- To encourage self evaluation and accountability.