Direct Admission in MBA Colleges is offered by some private colleges and deemed universities without any entrance exam. The direct MBA admission procedure is very simple and will not be available for the IIMs in India and Top 10 MBA colleges. In this article, we will discuss the details related to direct admission in MBA colleges, Eligibility Criteria, Admission Process, Documents required, fee structure.
List of Topics
- Direct Admission in MBA Colleges Checklist
- Direct Admission in MBA Colleges Important Points
- Direct Admission in MBA Colleges Overview
- Direct Admission in MBA Colleges Eligibility Criteria
- Direct Admission in MBA Colleges Admission
- Direct Admission in MBA Colleges Documents Required
- Direct Admission in MBA Colleges List and Fees
- Direct Admission in MBA Colleges Pros and Cons
- About MBA
Direct Admission in MBA Colleges Checklist
Direct Admission in MBA Colleges is easier comparatively since it involves very few steps and less time as there is no entrance exam preparation. All candidates interested in the Direct Admission in MBA Colleges must ensure and double-check the following points for a smooth admission to the college of your choice:
- Firstly, the candidate needs to be sure about the career option and then select the management course to be pursued and the preferred MBA college.
- Find out the details about direct admission to the MBA College of choice and this can be done by logging into the website of the preferred MBA College.
- The students can also visit the MBA College which they wish to join and inquire about all admission formalities to get an admission.
- Eligibility criteria, admission process, fees, infrastructure, placements, government recognitions for the college, etc are to be considered while shortlisting the MBA colleges.
- Students with MBA admission under the management quota are not eligible for scholarship schemes even if they belong to reserved categories.
Direct Admission in MBA Colleges Overview
Usually, the basis of admission to MBA colleges is a common entrance exam score or the graduation score of the candidate. Those students who aspire to study business management courses and do not wish to appear for the tough entrance exam can easily go ahead with the direct admission option. It is a simple process and does not involve complex selection criteria. The college offering direct MBA admission usually charges high fees. Students who do not wish to aim for the IIMs or top 10 B-schools go for the direct admission process. Direct admission in MBA colleges is also preferred by those individuals who just want to attain management skills, and enter their own business at a young age. Direct admission takes less time, and candidates can join the colleges right after their graduation. Direct Admission in MBA Colleges is basically for those individuals who do not aim for high packages and want to start something of their own.
Direct Admission in MBA Colleges Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should know that the eligibility criteria for direct admission in MBA colleges are different from test-based admission. Mentioned below are some criteria that the candidate has to qualify for admission.
- Candidates of the general category should have scored a minimum of 50% in his/her graduation. And the reserved category candidate should have a score of 45%.
- Indians, NRIs, and Foreign Nationals are also eligible for direct admission.
- Some institutions also accept other exams like XAT, SNAP, GMAT, etc.
- Candidates can apply to any college that offers direct admission all over the country.
Direct Admission in MBA Colleges Without Entrance Exam
The admission procedure for direct admission is somewhat similar to that of the entrance-based. Direct admission takes less time for the admission process. Colleges that offer direct admission usually intake students based on their marks in the qualifying examination. The admission process can be carried out by filling up the admission form or directly going to the desired college. There are certain steps mentioned below that the candidate can follow for direct admission in MBA colleges:
- Candidate needs to register themselves online on the college’s official website or go directly to the college for the offline registration.
- After they register themselves, candidates have to submit the required documents, their mark sheets, on the basis of which they will be shortlisted and called in to proceed further.
- There are some institutions which conduct Personal Interview and Group Discussions for the admission.
- Candidates going through direct admission will not be allowed to go for scholarships.
Direct Admission in MBA Colleges Documents Required
The candidates have to provide necessary documents for verification and marks submission. On the basis of those documents, the college will reach out to the qualified candidate for direct admission. Mentioned below are the necessary documents required by the candidate for direct admission in MBA colleges:
- The candidate’s SSC (class 10th) mark sheet must be submitted.
- The Candidate’s HSC (class 12th) mark sheet must be submitted.
- The candidate’s UG/Bachelor’s degree and mark sheet must be submitted.
- Any Identification proof of the candidate must also be submitted.
- The candidate’s transfer certificate from the previous institution must be submitted.
- Passport size photographs of the candidate must be submitted.
Direct Admission in MBA Colleges List and Fees
Candidates opting for direct admission in MBA colleges should have a piece of good knowledge about those private/deemed universities and their fee structure before proceeding for the admission. There are plenty of colleges providing direct admission. Mentioned below are some of the top colleges city-wise and their fee structure:
Direct Admission in MBA Colleges of Bangalore
Bangalore is known as the hub for management and engineering education. It is the most recommended place for direct admission in MBA colleges. Some of the top colleges of Bangalore and the fees structure are mentioned below:
|Alliance School of Business||INR 13.5 lakhs|
|Indus Business Academy||INR 7.25 lakhs|
|Christ Deemed University||INR 6.75 lakhs|
|GIBS (Global Institute of Business Studies)||INR 6.50 lakhs|
|R.V. Institute of Management||INR 5 lakhs|
Direct Admission in MBA Colleges of Delhi
Delhi is also one of the choices of students for taking direct admission, as provided great exposure in the business world. Mentioned below are some of the top colleges of Delhi and the fees structure:
|GD Goenka School of Management, Gurgaon||INR 8.60 lakhs|
|Apeejay School of Management, Delhi||INR 7.75 lakhs|
|Amity University, Noida/ Gurgaon||INR 7.67 lakhs|
|JIMS (Jagan Institute of Management Studies), Delhi||INR 7.15 lakhs|
|Bridge School of Management, Gurgaon||INR 3.0 lakhs|
Direct Admission in MBA Colleges of Gujarat
Gujarat has produced great business minds all over the country. Candidates can check the top colleges of Gujarat and the fees structure for direct admission in MBA colleges below:
|Auro University (AU), Surat||INR 7.0 lakhs|
|Amrut Mody School of Management (AMSOM), Ahmedabad||INR 6.0 lakhs|
|Narayana School of Business (NBS), Ahmedabad||INR 5.85 lakhs|
|Institute of Business Management and Research (IBMR), Ahmedabad||INR 4.95 lakhs|
|Indian School of Business Management (ISBM), Ahmedabad||INR 1 lakh|
Direct Admission in MBA Colleges Pros and Cons
Everything has two sides like a coin. If there is something good, then it will also have disadvantages. Direct Admission in MBA colleges is an easy and less time-consuming step for the students who do not wish to take admission in the branded colleges or appear for the entrance exam. Candidates going for direct admission just want to upgrade themselves with managerial skills. Some of the pros and cons of direct admission in MBA colleges are mentioned below:
- Candidates can join the MBA course right after their graduation, while the entrance-based test takes almost a year.
- It is less time-consuming.
- You can start working early in the management sector
- Candidates can get into good private colleges by direct admission.
- Candidates need not go through the admission process.
- Direct admission does not grant the candidate admission in top colleges like IIMs.
- On-campus placements provide higher salary packages to those who opted through the entrance exam.
- Direct admission candidates get good placements but the salary packages are low.
- The cost of direct admission in MBA colleges is high.
MBA or Master of Business Administration is a post-graduate degree course that comes under the management discipline. The MBA course duration is 2 years with a total of 4 semesters, 2 in each year. MBA subjects include disciplines such as - Human Resources, Management, Marketing, Finance, and Banking. MBA jobs have a very high demand in the business environment as it directly acts in the core of the industry. One with excellent communication and leadership qualities and looking to improve and learn new skills along with creative ideas can go for this course.
Check More Admission Details of Top MBA Colleges
- Jadavpur University Admission
- Pearl Academy Jaipur Admission
- Punjabi University Admission
- Chandigarh University Admission
- Calicut University Admission
- Annamalai University Admission