A.P Sen Memorial Gils College was established in the year 1902 under the name Mahakali Pathshala. It was given recognition under the name ‘Harimati Balika Vidyalay’. The aim of the college was to provide education to Bengali in their own language. In 1933 it received temporary recognition for High School and intermediate from U.P Board it was at this time it acquire the name ‘Jubilee-girls School’. The girls institution has been fortunate to have received the patronage of such eminent Personalities as L.M Jopling (city magistrate) and M.F.A Richardson as (inspector of schools). In 1944, the school received permanent recognition for high school. It advanced to an Inter college in 1947, and to a degree College in 1955. Since the time the college has been affiliated to the Lucknow University, it has been contributing to the education of girls. It was with the initiative of the first principal, late (Miss) Beena Dutta, that the college advanced from aprimary school to a renowned degree college of the city. She is remembered even today for her love of discipline for her colleagues as well as her students. Right from the beginning, the Man lagement Committee of the college had had members who are renowned not only in the city but throughout the world, such as Dr. Radha Kumud Mukherjee, Shri A.C Banerjee, Dr. Radha Kamal Mukherjee, Dr. Avinash Chandra Chatterjee etc. various progressive citizens of lucknow have contributed to the development of the college through financial assistance. Among the well wisher of the college, the name that stands out is that of an eminent advocate and educational of the city of the great poet, Late Shri Atul Prashad Sen. In order to immortalize his memory the college was rename as A.P Sen Memorial Girls college. Shri A.P Sen was great Philanthropist, social worker, educationist and litterateur. He was also a great poet who composed 263 ‘greet’ with he made his way in to the world to Bengali ‘Kabya Sangeet’. T was to his credit that he made a successful combination of Bengali lyric and the famous ‘Thuwari’ of Lucknow. He was also friend of a common man. Whose door was always opened for the needy and the poor. Most of the educational institution used to receive financial assistance from him.
Why To Join The A.P. Sen Memorial Girls College :
1. NCC & NSS: The college has developed a special community for the National Cadet Core (NCC) and the National Service Scheme (NSS) in order to develop a sense of service and relation between its students and the community. The NSS Certificate is also provided to the students who work for 2 years or more.
2. Presence of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell: A special cell has been activated in the college working, so as to make the continuous improvement in the standards of teaching methods and material.
3. Academic Audit:This is a cell in the college premises which keeps up with all the particulars regarding the conferences, seminars, workshops, orientation programs as well as the short term or refresher courses.
4. Disciplinary Board:A Board of 4 members has been constructed in the college system to maintain the rules and regulations of the institute and to keep a check if they are followed properly.
5. Other Committees:Apart from the very basic facilities, a library advisory board, a student government association, a protection from women harassment cell as well as an anti-ragging committee has also been formed in the institute for the welfare of its students.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone No. 0522-2635578
Email :firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com