SAMS Odisha 2021 conducts +2 and +3 exams for admission in various degree colleges of Odisha. The SAMS Odisha 2021 notifications are available here.
SAMS Odisha 2021 stands for Students’ Academic Management System. It maintains all the academic and financial records of the students to ensure an easy admission process by being transparent and economical. SAMS, which comes under DHE Odisha (Department of Higher Education), also conducts the Odisha +2 and +3 exams. The students can secure admission through SAMS in various Commerce, Science, Arts, and Sanskrit colleges. The admission is made online through the SAMS Odisha login page.
Table of Contents
- SAMS 2021 Important Dates
- Important Links
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Details
- Merit List
- Document Prerequisites
SAMS Odisha 2021 Important Dates
Students must apply online through the SAMS Odisha website for admission into colleges for the academic year 2021. However, owing to the cancellation of the examinations the previous year due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the dates have been shifted from the norm.
Higher Education Department Important Dates
|1||Availability of online Common Application Form (CAF)||Jan 29th, 2021 (11:00 AM)|
|2||Last date of applying online||Feb 2nd, 2021 (11:45 PM)|
|3||Publication of Merit List||Feb 3rd, 2021 (02:00 PM)|
|4||Online deposit of admission fees||Feb 3rd, 2021 (02:00 PM) to Feb 8th, 2021 (05:00 PM)|
|5||Online admission and Data update||Feb 4th, 2021 to Feb 9th, 2021(05:00 PM)|
Department of School & Mass Education
|1||Availability of Online Common Application Form (CAF)||Dec 11th, 2020 (02:00 PM)|
|2||Last date of applying online||Dec 16th, 2020 (11:55 PM)|
|3||Publication of merit list||Dec 18th, 2020 (02:00 PM)|
|4||Admission of the selected applicants||Dec 19th, 2020(10:00 AM)-Dec 19th, 2020 (04:00 PM)|
|5||Registration of the waiting applicants||Dec 19th, 2020 (04:00 PM) -Dec 21st, 2020 (NOON)|
|6||Publication of final list||Dec 21st, 2020 (01:00 PM)|
|7||Admission of the students from the Waiting list||Dec 21st, 2020 (01:30 PM) -Dec 22nd, 2020 (02:00 PM)|
|8||Last date for admission data update||Dec 22nd, 2020 (06:00 PM)|
SAMS Odisha 2021 Important Links for Students
Students can apply for multiple colleges through a single Common Application Form (CAF), making the process easier for themselves and the institutions. Over 1000 institutions participated in the SAMS 2020-21 process helping approximately 1,70,000 students. Given below are the links to access the SAMS Odisha 2021 pages.
|SAMS Odisha Official Website||Click Here|
|SAMS Higher Secondary School||Click Here|
|SAMS Degree Colleges||Click Here|
SAMS Odisha 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate should ensure the eligibility criteria before applying for SAMS Odisha admission. SAMS is very precise with its admission criteria. The eligibility criteria should be fulfilled by each candidate, failing which the admission will not be considered for any college under SAMS Odisha admission. The eligibility criteria for admission in +3 degree classes are mentioned below.
- He/She must have cleared the 10+2 (HSC) examination from the Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha, or any equivalent recognized board.
- He/She should not have any compartment in any subject of his/her 10+2 examination.
SAMS Odisha 2021 Admission Process
The admission process for colleges participating in the SAMS Odisha 2021 is completely online. Students must follow the following steps to secure admission into their preferred institutions.
- At the time of the SAMS Odisha admission, the candidates need to submit three passport size photographs.
- The candidates have to register for the slide-up option to avail the first college they have opted for.
- Once the selection procedure is completed, candidates have to immediately pay the college's admission fee, which can be done online through their SAMS Odisha login page.
- Lastly, when the payment is completed, candidates have to produce the documents required to the admission committee at their desired and selected College under SAMS Odisha Government on the date and time mentioned in the intimation letter.
Admission Fees Payment on SAMS Odisha Portal
The SAMS Odisha 2021 admission process for the examination is through an online mode. The candidates need to apply on SAMS Odisha Government's official website by filling up the CAF (Common Application Form) with their required personal and academic details, choice of the colleges and courses, preference wise. Candidates can opt for a maximum of 20 options and a minimum of 5. The admission will be registered once the candidate has paid the application fee. Candidates do not need to send their application forms via post. The SAMS Odisha online application form fee for different categories is mentioned below.
- The online registration fee of INR 275 for General Category
- For SC/ST Category, the registration fee would be INR 175.
The application fee won't be refunded under any circumstances.
The SAMS Odisha admission is made based on the merit list, prepared considering the candidate's 10+2 marks and overall academic record. If the candidate has passed the HSC by giving a compartment, then his/her average marks will be calculated. The SAMS Odisha merit list will be released on the official website of SAMS on the announced date. The candidates who do not take admission after getting selected will be removed from the system. The following five modes would notify the selected candidates.
- Text message (SMS)
- Official website
- College notice board of applied and selected college
- Toll-free number (155335 or 1800-345-6770).
Candidates should keep in mind that no notification will be sent through the post.
SAMS Odisha 2021 Merit List
The SAMS Odisha Government merit list of the selected candidates will be announced by the Directorate of Higher Education (DHE), Odisha. Candidates can check the merit list on SAMS's official website by clicking on SAMS Odisha login on the notified date. Selected candidates can get into the colleges of Odisha. The merit list will be prepared based on the following points.
- Candidates 10+2 marks
- Reservation (if applicable)
- The weightage (if applicable)
After the final rounds of the merit list have been published, the SAMS Odisha Government will release the colleges' list online. Candidates can check the colleges and the seat allotment on that list according to their preferences. Given below are the cutoff percentage and merit lists for colleges affiliated with SAMS Odisha 2021.
- The Angul district's Bantala (Degree) College of Higher Education cutoff for Arts ranges from 37 to 47.17 across categories. For Commerce, it is 40.67 in the general category. For Science, it ranges from 40.33 to 69.83 across categories.
- The Siddhi Binayak Science College, Similipada cutoff for different fields in Science ranges from 41.17 to 56.67.
- The Focus College of Science, Amalapada cut off in different fields of Science ranges from 42.33 to 58.67.
- The Mahima Jyoti Science Degree College, Hakimpada, again cutoffs in Science ranges from 45.50 to 72.
- The Anchalika (Degree) College, Talmul cutoffs for Arts 35 to 43.
- The Panchagarh Somanath Singh Jagadev (Degree) Mahavidyalaya, Banarpal cutoffs for Arts range from 35 to 51.17 across different categories. For Commerce, it is 35 in a general category. Lastly, it ranges from 37.83 to 60.17 and 55.33 to 54.33 for Physical Science and Biological Science.
- The Omm Bidya Bharati +3 Science and Arts Residential College, Kandahar cutoff for Arts ranges from 43 to 44.17.
To know the cutoff marks of all the SAMS Odisha 2021 colleges, Click Here.
SAMS ODISHA Documents Required 2021
The candidates should have the below-mentioned documents ready when filling up the SAMS Odisha online application form (Common Application Form).
- The candidates' SSC Marksheet must be submitted.
- HSC Marksheet (10+2 certificates) must be submitted.
- A Transfer Certificate from the previous school or institution attended must be submitted.
- Migration Certificate from the previous school or institution attended must be submitted
- The character Certificate of the candidate must be submitted.
- If applicable, a Caste Certificate must be submitted.
- A disability certificate issued by the authority must also be submitted.
- Other categories certificates such as NCC, NSS, Children of Martyrs(CoM), Service Defence Personnel(SDP), Sports Certificates (wherever applicable) must also be attached in the SAMS Odisha application.