Indian Air Force (IAF) conducts the Group C recruitment exam for filling up the various posts in the Air Force headquarters and independent units. Indian Air Force had released a recruitment notification for a total of 282 vacancies this year for various posts. Applicants can apply for the vacancies by downloading the form from the official website. Candidates interested in knowing more about the IAF Group C recruitment 2022, Indian Air Force recruitment rally, IAF vacancies, IAF age limit, IAF pay scale, etc., can read the Sarkari exam post below. For instant updates on government jobs and exams, sign up for a free job alert.
About Indian Air Force
Officially established on 8th October 1932, the Indian Air Force stands with its primary mission to protect the Indian Airspace and conduct aerial warfare. Honorable President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, is the Commander-in-Chief.
IAF Recruitment 2022 Notification
The eligible candidates can scroll down the page to understand a brief of the current notification for IAF Group C recruitment 2022 Posts.
|IAF Recruitment 2022 Notification|
|Full Form||Indian Air Force|
|Post||Group C Civilian Posts (Various)|
|Job Location||Anywhere in India|
|Last Date to Apply||September 6, 2022|
|Indian Air Force Official Website||www.indianairforce.nic.in|
Indian Air Force Recruitment 2022 Careers
Indian Air Force Rally Bharti offers various opportunities for candidates from different backgrounds. The vacancies are for Group C candidates in different Air Stations/Units. Candidates can refer to the following sections for IAF vacancy details and eligibility criteria.
IAF Group C Recruitment 2022 Vacancy
The vacancy details for the IAF recruitment 2022 has released various vacancies. As per the latest notification released by the IAF, a total of 197 vacancies under various posts at various Air Force HQs and units are to be filled. Complete details about the vacancies are provided in the table below. Interested candidates can start applying for it.
- HQ Maintenance Command: 153
- HQ Eastern Air Command: 32
- HQ South Western Air Command: 11
- Independent Units: 01
The application process for the recruitment under the Indian Air Force Group C notification (85 vacancies) dated July 24, 2022, has already been over. However, the recruitment application process for the IAF Group C Civilian recruitment notification dated August 7, 2022, is active. More details about the post-wise number of vacancies are provided below.
- Superintendent (Store): 33
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC): 09
- Store Keeper: 09
- Cook (Ordinary Grade): 16
- Painter (Skilled): 04
- Carpenter (Skilled): 14
- Copper Smith and Sheet Metal Worker (C&SMW) (Skilled): 01
- A/C Mech & A/C Mech (A): 02
- Fitter (SK): 03
- House Keeping Staff (HKS): 06
- Laundry man: 02
- Mess Staff: 05
- Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS): 62
- Tailor (Skilled): 05
- Tradesman Mate (erstwhile labourer on ammunition duties): 07
- Hindi Typist: 01
IAF Recruitment 2022 Salary
The candidates selected under the IAF Group C Recruitment 2022 are paid salary in the Leve-I to IV of the 7th CPC. Provided below is the post-wise salary details about the IAF Group C Posts.
- Supdt (Store): Rs.25500/-
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC): Rs.25500/-
- Hindi Typist: Rs.25500/-
- Store Keeper: Rs.19900/-
- Civilian Mechanical Transport Driver (Ordinary Grade): Rs.19900/-
- Cook (Ordinary Grade): Rs.19900/-
- Painter (Skilled): Rs.19900/-
- Carpenter (Skilled): Rs.19900/-
- Housekeeping Staff (HKS), Multi Tasking Staff (MTS): Rs.18000/-
- Mess Staff: Rs.18000/-
- Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS): Rs.18000/-
IAF Group C Recruitment 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates will be shortlisted based on factors such as age limit, educational qualifications, and others. The eligibility criteria for Air Force Recruitment 2022 are as follows:
Candidates applying for the IAF Group C Recruitment 2022 must make sure that they fulfil the educational requirements for the post they are applying for.
- MTS/ Housekeeping Staff/ Mess Staff/ Laundryman/ Ayah/ Ward Sahayika/ Vulcaniser : 10th Pass or Equivalent
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC) : 12th Pass or Equivalent + 30 WPM Manual Typing Speed on Typewriter or 35 WPM English Typing Speed on Computer
- CMTD (OG) : 10th Pass or Equivalent + Light & Heavy Motor Vehicle Driving Licence + 1 Year of Driving Experience
- Cook (Ordinary Grade) : 10th Pass with Certificate or Diploma in Catering + Experience in the Trade
- Clerk Hindi Typist : 12th Pass or Equivalent + 30 WPM Manual Hindi Typing Speed on Typewriter or 35 WPM Hindi Typing Speed on Computer
- Store Keeper : 12th Pass or Equivalent
- Painter : 10th Pass or Equivalent + ITI in Appropriate Trade i.e. Painter OR Ex-Servicemen from Appropriate Trade viz. Painter
- Stenographer : Grade-II12th Pass or Equivalent Dictation – 10 minutes @ 80 WPM Transcription 50 Minutes English on the Computer)
- Carpenter : 10th Pass or Equivalent + ITI in Appropriate Trade i.e. Carpenter OR Ex-Servicemen from Appropriate Trade viz. Carpenter Rigger
- Store (Superintendent) : Graduate in Any Discipline
- Fireman : 10th Pass or Equivalent + Training in Fire Fighting
Air Force Age Limit
Provided below is the age criteria for the IAF Group C recruitment 2022:
- General / EWS: 18 to 25 Years
- OBC: 18 to 28 Years (3 Years Relaxation in Upper Age Limit)
- SC / ST / PwD: 18 to 35 Years (10 Years Relaxation in Upper Age Limit)
Application Procedure for IAF Recruitment 2022
Interested and eligible candidates have to submit the filled application forms to the concerned Air Force HQ or Office within 30 days of the release of the notification.
The candidates interested in applying for the vacant posts in Indian Air Force jobs can go through the official website for information on application fees and more.
Indian Air Force Group C Application Form 2022
Interested and eligible candidates have to submit the filled application forms to the concerned Air Force HQ or Office within 30 days of the release of the notification. Here are the simple steps using which you can apply for the IAF Group C Recruitment 2022.
- Step 1: Download the official notification of IAF Recruitment from the links provided above.
- Step 2: Take a printout of the last page of the notification i.e. application proforma.
- Step 3: Fill in all the required details on the IAF Group C application form carefully.
- Step 4: Verify all the details in the application form and make sure no field is left blank.
- Step 5: Paste your two self-attested photographs in the application form and put your signature at the required places.
- Step 6: Gather all the necessary documents as per the notification and attach one self-attested copy of each of the documents.
- Step 7: Put the application form and self-attested copies of the documents in an envelope and send it to the concerned office via speed post.
Candidates must make sure that the consignment must reach the office before the last date of the application. IAF will not accept any application received after the closing date.
Steps to Apply for IAF Group C Recruitment 2022
The candidates interested can follow the steps mentioned below to apply for the desired position:
Step 1: Open the official website of Indian Air Force – indianairforce.nic.in.
Step 2: Find the notification and click on it.
Step 3: Go through the application thoroughly.
Step 4: Then download the application form.
Step 5: Fill it with all mandatory details and upload the passport-size photocopy.
Step 6: At last, send the filled application form to the prescribed address.
IAF Recruitment 2022 FAQs
Candidates can apply for the Indian Air Force recruitment through the official website.
The eligibility criteria for each post differ. Candidates are requested to check the eligibility section above or refer to the official website for more details.
The IAF Group C posts include the Class-III & IV employees such as MTS, Housekeeping Staff, Cook, LDC, Mess Staff, Painter, Carpenter, etc.
Other Government Recruitments
The various government recruitments are as follows:
- Join Indian Army
- Kerala PSC
- UPSC Exam
- KPSC Recruitment
- ONGC Recruitment
- BEL Recruitment
- GAIL Recruitment
For any queries about Indian Air Force recruitment 2022, do leave a comment and we will get back to you soon. For more updates on IAF Recruitment, follow Government exams and get details about all upcoming exams in India.