OSSC CGL Recruitment 2024: The Odisha Staff Selection Commission has released the OSSC 2024 Recruitment Notification PDF for 81 Combined Graduate Level Examination 2024 (Specialist Cadre). The application process commenced on Jan 3, 2024. The candidates will be able to submit their application forms by Feb 2, 2024.
|OSSC CGL Syllabus
|OSSC SI PET
Check Latest Update on OSSC CGL Mains Admit Card 2023
|Odisha Police Recruitment
|Central University of Odisha Recruitment
|Odisha Postal Recruitment
The OSSC complete form is Odisha Staff Selection Commission and has its headquarters in Odisha. The OSSC works to recruit suitable and eligible candidates in different grades. The latest OSSC CGL recruitment 2022 drive is for 943 vacancies in various departments. The recruitment is done for the posting in Odisha itself.
OSSC CL Recruitment 2024 Notification
The candidates can quickly review the notification table to know the important events in this recruitment. The overview of the notification concerning OSSC CGL Recruitment 2024 is given below.
|OSSC CGL Recruitment Notification
|Odisha Staff Selection Commission
|Central Government Job
|Combined Graduate Level Examination 2024
|Application Starting Date
|Jan 3, 2024
|Last Date to Apply
|Feb 2, 2024
|Last Date to Pay Application Fee
|Feb 5, 2024
OSSC CGL 2024 Syllabus
The OSSC CGL 2024 exam syllabus shall consist of a Preliminary Written Examination first, followed by the Main Written Examination. The Main Written Examination shall have two papers – Paper I and Paper II. Here are a few important details regarding the OSSC CGL syllabus 2024:
- The Preliminary Exam (computer-based) shall be 150 marks comprising Multiple Choice Questions.
- The Main Written Examination shall be conducted in pen and paper mode. Papers I and II shall have 100 marks each.
- Paper I has two sections- English and Odia.
- Paper II has one section- General Studies.
- Paper I is of two and a half hours.
- Paper II is two and a half hours.
- The candidates appearing for the post of Auditor shall have a Math test.
- A Computer Skill Test shall be conducted for the candidates applying for these posts: Junior Assistant / Junior Clerk, Inspector of Supplies under FS and CW Department, and Auditor.
- There shall be a negative marking of 0.25 mark each.
OSSC CGL 2024 Books
Books play an important role in preparation for any competitive exam. Here are a few OSSC CGL books for 2024 that may help the candidates prepare well for the exam.
OSSC CGL 2024 Math Books
Here are a few books for the preparation of Math for the OSSC CGL exam 2024:
- Quantitative Aptitude (Numerical Ability) by S. Chand
- Objective Arithmetic (Mathematics) by Rajesh Kumar
OSSC CGL 2024 English, Computer, and General Awareness Books
Here are a few books for the preparation of these subjects for the OSSC CGL exam 20234
- Lucent (General Awareness) by Sunil Kr. Singh
- Word Power Made Easy (English) by Norman Lewis
- Computer Awareness (Computer) by Arihant
OSSC Combined Graduate Level Recruitment 2024 Careers
OSSC CGL 2024 Recruitment portal has various vacancies throughout the year. Interested candidates must check this page for all upcoming vacancy information under OSSC. The vacancy released under the OSSC 2024 recruitment is on various posts such as Assistant CT & GST Officer, Gram Panchayat Extension Officer, Auditor, etc.
OSSC CGL Vacancy2024
The advertisement is released for various posts in the state of Odisha. The vacancy is on 900+ posts. The post-wise vacancy detail is shared in the official notification.
Increased Vacancy List
The conducting authority has released the vacancy notice for 81 seats for the Specialist Cadre posts. The division of the posts is shared below for the candidate’s reference.
Inspector of Legal Metrology
Senior Laboratory Assistant
Market Intelligence Inspector
OSSC CGL Recruitment 2024 Salary
The salary details for the OSSC CGL Vacancy 2024 are as per the rules and norms set by the authority. The candidate will be paid accordingly. The salary band for the post is given below:
- Rs.35,400/- to Rs.1,12,400/- per month
OSSC CGL Recruitment 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Given below are the eligibility criteria for the post under the OSSC CGL 2024 Recruitment. Candidates can go through the details shared below to ensure their eligibility. The criteria include two parts, educational qualification, and age limit.
Given below is the educational qualification needed for the post.
- The candidate must clear the M.E. School Examination and have Odia as a subject. OR
- The candidates must have passed the HSC Examination or its equivalent examination. Odia should be the medium of examination in other subjects excluding language. OR
- Candidate passed in Odia as a language subject in the final examination of Class-VII and above, OR
- The candidates must have passed the subject Odia in the final examination of Class VII and above.
- The candidate must have passed an Odia test in M.E. as per school standards conducted by the Education Department.
The age limit for all posts must follow the norms of the organization. The upper and lower age limit is as stated below. Usually, the lower limit is set above 18 years.
- Lower age- 21 years
- Upper age- 38 years
OSSC CGL Exam 2024 Selection Process
The selection process will consist of three stages. The selection method is detailed below:
- Prelims Exam (CBRE Mode)
- Main Exam (Pen and Paper Mode)
- Document Verification
Contact the officials for more details on how the selection process will be conducted by the authority.
OSSC CGL 2024 Recruitment Application Procedure
The mode of applying for the exam recruitment exam is online. Candidates will be selected through the set selection method. Details on the application fee and steps for applying have been shared below.
There is no application fee to be paid for the opening.
Steps to Apply for OSSC CGL Vacancy 2024
Given below are the steps to apply for the OSSC CGL Recruitment 2024. The candidates should go through it properly so that they do not make any mistakes during the form filling.
Step 1: Visit the official website ossc.gov.in
Step 2: Refer to the ‘What’s New’ section on the homepage and click on the available link.
Step 3: Or, go to the ‘New Application’ section on the left side of the homepage and click on the link.
Step 4: Go through the notification carefully and click on the ‘Apply Online’ link.
Step 5: Fill out the form and upload the required documents.
Step 6: Make the payment and recheck for errors. Submit it.
Step 7: Take a printout for future reference.
OSSC CGL Recruitment 2024 FAQs
The opening is on 81 seats.
The candidates can apply till Feb 2, 2024.
The candidates must have done an M.E.
Other Government Jobs
Below we’ve mentioned a few other government recruitments and exams for you to refer to:
- DME Assam Recruitment
- Karnataka AHVS Recruitment
- APSSB Recruitment
- Utkal University Recruitment
- West Bengal MTS Recruitment
- CRPF Recruitment
For any queries about OSSC CGL recruitment 2024, leave a comment, and we will get back to you soon. For more updates, follow government exams and get details about all upcoming exams in India.