Odisha Postal recruitment 2021 has invited online applications for the post of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) in Odisha. The online applications had started in July 2021. A total of more than 1500 vacancies have been announced for various districts of Odisha. The Gramin Dav Sevaks will be recruited for Branch Post Master, Assistant Branch Post Master, and Dak Sevaks Vacancies. In this post, you can find all the information you are looking for. To keep on getting the information about the Odisha Postal recruitment Circle 2021 candidates, please follow our Sarkari exam page and the free job alert page.
About Odisha Postal Circle
Orissa was a part of the combined Bengal ,Bihar & Orissa Postal Circle headed by a Director of Postal &Telegraphs with the headquarters at calcutta.Up to the year 1911 the establishment of orissa postal continued as a part combined Bihar & Orissa Circle with its headquarters at patna. Please refer to the article to know more about the vacancies.
Odisha Postal Recruitment 2021 Notification
Candidates can refer to the highlights given below before applying for the Odisha Postal Recruitment 2021 posts. In addition, Odisha Postal will soon release the notification for upcoming recruitment drives.
|Odisha Postal Recruitment Circle Notification|
|Name of the Organization||India Post|
|Name of the Circle||DOP Odisha Postal Circle|
|Recruitment Name||Online Gramin Dak Sevak Engagement Cycle-III|
|Vacancy Names||Branch Post Master (BMS), Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM), Dak Sevak|
|Number of Vacancies||1500+|
|Type of Job||State Government Jobs|
|Job Location||Orissa State|
|Application Mode||Online mode|
Odisha Postal Recruitment Circle Career and Jobs 2021
Odisha Postal Circle interview is usually conducted after the exam for selecting the eligible candidates . All shotrtlisted candidates are appointed at Odisha postal circle. Applicants have to pay required application fee with online mode on the official website.
Odisha Postal Recruitment Circle Vacancy 2021
The vacancy details given below are for the candidates applying for the Odisha Postal recruitment circle 2021 based on the different categories.
|UR (Unreserved)||1751 vacancies|
|OBC (Other Backward Class)||474 vacancies|
|EWS (Economically Weaker Section)||417 vacancies|
|SC (Scheduled Caste)||652 vacancies|
|ST (Scheduled Tribe)||964 vacancies|
|Physically Handicapped /PH-HH||54 vacancies|
|Physically Handicapped/PH-OH||48 vacancies|
|Physically Handicapped/PH-OTR||16 vacancies|
|Physically Handicapped/PH-VH||16 vacancies|
Odisha Postal Recruitment Circle Salary 2021
- Odisha Branch Post Master: Rs. 12000/- to Rs.14500/-
- Odisha Postal Circle Assistant Branch Post Master, Dak Sevak: Rs. 10000/- to 12000/-
Eligibility Criteria for Odisha Postal Recruitment Circle 2021
Before applying for Odisha Postal Recruitment 2021, candidates must check out the eligibility criteria given below. In general, candidates must complete their SSC qualification from a recognized university to become eligible. More details related to the eligibility criteria are mentioned below.
Educational Qualification for Odisha Postal Recruitment Circle 2021
- The candidates applying for the given vacancies must have the matriculation certificate with passing marks in Mathematics and English, from Government, approved Board/University for all the approved categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks. It is a great opportunity for candidates waiting for Government Jobs after passing the 10th class.
- The applying candidates must also have computer knowledge, and also have to furnish a basic computer training certificate of at least 60 days from a recognized computer training institute.
- Knowledge of the local language is also compulsory for all the candidates who are applying.
Age Limit for Odisha Postal Recruitment Circle
The Age Limit for the Unreserved and the EWS candidates must be a minimum of 18 years and must not exceed 40 years.
- The reserved categories like SC, ST, OBC, PwD will have Age Relaxation as decided by the Indian Government. The details about the same are given below.
|Other Backward Castes (OBC)||03 years|
|Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||05 years|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)|
|PH + UR||10 years|
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
Selection Process for Odisha Postal Recruitment Circle
The following points are considered while selecting the candidates who have applied for the Odisha Patel recruitment Circle 2021.
- To select the best candidates, the Department of Post recruitment officials will make a selection as per the automatically generated merit list based on the online submitted application of the candidates.
- The candidates will be selected based on the performance of their 10th class exam.
- The weight age will not be given to the candidates who have higher qualifications.
- No written test is held for the selection procedure.
Application Process for Odisha Postal Recruitment Circle 2021
The application form for the exam was to be filled online. Candidates must always make sure that all the details that they are submitting are accurate as the same details will be reflected on their marksheet and certificate too. In addition, the steps and the application fee has been mentioned below.
Application Fee for Odisha Postal Recruitment Circle 2021
The application fee details related to the Odisha Postal Recruitment Circle are given below to reference the applying candidates.
- All the UR/OBC/EWS male candidates who want to apply for the recruitment must pay the application fee of Rs.100/- for each set of 5 options.
- There is no application fee to be paid by the ST, ST, PWD women candidates. So, such candidates can apply for the recruitment directly by clicking on the link given.
- The candidates who are applicable to pay the fees can do the same at any Head Post Office or any other identified post offices using Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking System.
Steps to apply for Odisha Postal Recruitment Circle 2021
Candidates can apply for the Odisha Postal recruitment circle by following the simple steps given below.
Step 1: Visit the official website that is www.odishapostal.gov.in.
Step 2: On the homepage, click on the given link to download the notification for the posts of “Gramin Dak Sevak Cycle – III/2021” in Orissa Postal Circle.
Step 3: Read the notification carefully.
Step 4: Fill the application form with the details asked.
Step 5: Upload the necessary files along with the scanned photograph and signature.
Step 6: Verify the details and click on the “Submit” button.
Odisha Postal Recruitment 2021 FAQs
An approximate count of total vacancies for the Odisha Postal recruitment circle is more than 1500.
Yes, you can apply for multiple posts at a time. You will also have to give your Priority Order while filling out your applications! You can apply for 5 different posts from the same Regional Circle.
Yes, you can apply for any number of states/circles given the fact that you apply for each application separately.
No, you cannot edit the application form again. You should fill the form very carefully. Also, you have the option of Previewing the Application. You can preview and check for your mistakes before submitting them.
Other Government Recruitments
The various government recruitment are as follows:
- Haldia Petrochemicals Recruitment
- East Coast Railway Recruitment
- Kerala PSC Recruitment
- Allahabad Bank Recruitment
- RIMS Recruitment
- NIH Recruitment
Hopefully, this article serves the purpose of the candidates who look for information regarding Odisha Postal Recruitment 2021. In case of any queries, comments, or feedback please feel free to let us know. Also, follow Sarkari Exam for the latest and updated information on all existing and upcoming government exams.