Delhi Police Constable Syllabus 2023: The Delhi Police conducts several rounds of recruitment selection for the post of Constable through the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). All candidates are requested to understand the prerequisites, eligibility criteria, and details of the syllabus of Delhi Police Constable exam to prepare themselves. Reviewing this page and its details will give candidates a competitive edge over the others. The page below intimates important details about the Delhi Police Constable 2023 Syllabus with sections explaining the syllabus topics, exam pattern, weightage of marks, and other resources.
The idea behind providing all these details is to empower candidates with the right attitude and aptitude to go ahead and attempt the exam confidently. Candidates hoping to find more details on the Delhi Police Constable Syllabus can review the sarkari exam pages for more information. For new developments on government exams, please feel free to subscribe to the free job alert page. The Delhi police constable syllabus pdf can be accessed from the official website.
Delhi Police Constable Syllabus 2023 Overview
For applicants’ clarity, a general outline of what the Delhi Police Constable Syllabus 2023 entails has been tabulated below.
Applicants must review and analyze the syllabus topics against their current competency and map out a structured system to study important topics. The Delhi police constable syllabus pdf download link shall be provided soon.
|Delhi Police Constable Overview|
|Organizing Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Question Types||Objective (MCQ)|
|Maximum Marks||100 marks|
Delhi Police Constable Exam Pattern 2023
The SSC Delhi Police Constable Exam Pattern 2023 explains the duration, marks weightage, and other vital information. Here are a few pointers elucidating the exam structure and scoring of the exam:
- The Computer Based Test is of 100 marks in total.
- The questions are MCQs.
- Every right answer is awarded 1 mark, while every wrong answer gets a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
- The time limit for the Delhi Police Constable exam is 1.5 hours (90 minutes).
- Applicants are provided with question papers in both Hindi and English language.
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning||25||25||1 hour 30 minutes|
|General Knowledge/Current Affairs||50||50|
Delhi Police Constable Syllabus 2023
For the applicant’s clarity on the syllabus topics, a full rundown of the Delhi Police Constable Syllabus 2023 has been listed below. Applicants are requested to go through the list and prepare all the subjects in a timely and methodical manner.
The CBT is attempted on the basis of 4 subjects – Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Computer Knowledge and General Awareness. Listed below are the subject topics in detail:
1. Quantitative Aptitude:
- Time And Distance,
- True Discount,
- Decimal Fractions,
- Ratio And Proportion,
- Heights and Distances,
- H.C.F. and L.C.M of Numbers,
- Time And Work,
- Problems On Ages,
- Problems On Trains,
- Regular Polygon,
- Banker’s Discount,
- Chain Rule,
- Statistical Charts,
- Profit And Loss,
- Use of Tables and Graphs,
- Simple Interest,
- Boats And Streams,
- Problems On Numbers,
- Permutations And Combinations,
- Allegation Of Mixture,
- Operations On Numbers,
- Stock and Shares,
- Number System,
- Pipes And Cisterns,
- Fundamental Arithmetic Operations,
- Compound Interest,
- Volume And Surface Area
2. Computer knowledge:
- MS Excel
- Function and Formulas
- Opening and Closing Documents
- Elements of Word Processing
- Elements of Spread Sheet
- Chats, Video conferencing, e-Banking, etc
- WWW and Web Browsers
- Services on the Internet,
- Editing of Cells
- Formatting the text and its presentation features
- Websites, Blogs
- Basics of E-mail
- Web Browsing Software
- Sending/ receiving of Emails and its related functions
- Text Creation
- Search Engines
- URL, HTTP, FTP, Word Processing Basics
3. Reasoning Ability:
- Logical Venn diagram
- Puzzle test
- Logical sequence test
- Sitting arrangement
- Blood relations
- Data Sufficiency
- Mathematical operations
- Situation reaction test
- Ranking & time sequence test
- Inserting the missing characters
- Alpha-numerical sequence puzzle
- Direction sense test
- Sequential output tracing
- Number series
- Eligibility test
- Assertion and reason
- Alphabet test
- Arithmetical operations
- Machine input
4. General Awareness:
- Famous Places in India
- Days and Years
- Indian Politics
- Honors and Awards
- Current Affairs
- Indian Economy
- Indian Geography
- Books and Authors
- Basic General Knowledge
- Famous Personalities
- Indian History
- World geography
- World Organisations
- Indian Culture
- Current Affairs
Delhi Police Constable Physical Requirements
The Delhi Police requires Constables to embody a certain physical stature before being processed for further selection. Male candidates have a Height and Chest requirement, while female candidates have a Height requirement only, both of which have been mentioned in separate tables below:
For Male Candidates
|Height||170||For categories other than the ones mentioned below.|
|165||For residents of Hill areas i.e. Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, and Leh & Ladakh. and For ST candidates and sons of either serving, retired or deceased Delhi Police personnel/Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police.|
|Chest||81-85 cms||5 cms relaxation for the category mentioned above.|
For Female Candidates
|Height||157||For category other than the ones mentioned below.|
|155||For residents of Hill areas i.e. Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, and Leh & Ladakh. and For ST candidates and sons of either serving, retired or deceased Delhi Police personnel/Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police.|
|152||Daughters of either serving retired or deceased Delhi Police personnel/Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police.|
Delhi Police Constable Requirements for Physical Endurance
Candidates are required to qualify for the Physical Endurance tests for the post of Constable to proceed to the interview round of the selection process.
The endurance tests involve 3 stages- Long Jump, High Jump, and Race. The standard for all these stages has been mentioned below:
Physical Endurance for Male Candidates
|Age Limit||Race 1600 Meters||Long Jump||High Jump|
|Up to 30 years||6 Minutes||14 Feet||3’9”|
|30-40 Years||7 Minutes||13 Feet||3’6”|
|Above 40 Years||8 Minutes||12 Feet||3’3”|
Physical Endurance for Female Candidates
|Age Limit||Race 1600 Meters||Long Jump||High Jump|
|Up to 30 years||8 Minutes||10 Feet||03 Feet|
|30-40 years||9 Minutes||09 Feet||2’9”|
|Above 40 years||10 Minutes||08 Feet||2’6”|
Delhi Police Constable Preparation Tips 2023
The SSC Delhi Police Syllabus builds on candidates’ knowledge based on the current affairs of the Indian Political and Economic scenario, as well as basic Reasoning Ability, General Awareness, and Quantitative Aptitude.
Potential candidates must read and apply whatever tips and tricks have been mentioned below to ace the Delhi Police Constable Syllabus 2023:
- Understand and analyze the syllabus topics to point out any areas that need to be worked on.
- Candidates can find the Delhi Police Constable Syllabus 2023 PDF Download on the official website: ssc.nic.in
- Devise a timetable for prompt and methodical learning of important topics.
- A myriad of sample papers and previous years’ question papers are available online. Potential applicants must go through and solve as many question papers as possible to familiarize themselves with the exam pattern and score distribution of marks.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle and keep active with various sports and exercises. These are important to qualify for the Physical Endurance part of the test.
- Solving these papers is also a great way to practice attempting exams within the time duration that has been set.
- Writing down succinct and to-the-point notes helps in clarifying and categorizing important topics for memorizing.
- Applicants can also take the help of YouTube tutorials to understand any topics they have difficulty with in the SSC Delhi Police Constable Syllabus.
Delhi Police Constable Reference Books 2023
Highly informative and resourceful books are available both online and offline for candidates to peruse. These books are methodically assembled troves of knowledge that provide a detailed foundational basis for candidates studying the Delhi Police Constable 2023 Syllabus. Listed below are some of these credible sources of knowledge:
- General Knowledge by Dr. Binay Katra
- General Knowledge 2023 by Manohar Pandey
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal
- Delhi Police Constable (Executive) Recruitment Exam (SSC) Guide by R. Gupta
Delhi Police Constable Syllabus 2023 FAQs
The Delhi Police Constable Exam requires knowledge on 4 broad subjects:
General Awareness, Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and Computer-Knowledge.
Male candidates require a height of 170 cms and a chest measurement of 81-85 cms, while Female candidates require a height of 154 cms. Relaxations for certain reserved categories are also provided.
Both male and female candidates are required to fare exceptionally well in 3 categories: Long Jump, High Jump and Race (1600 meters).
Other Government Jobs
The various government exams are as follows:
- RSCB Recruitment
- J&K Police Recruitment
- HPCL Recruitment
- AP Police Recruitment
- UKPSC Recruitment
- UCIL Recruitment
We hope you got ample information on Delhi Police Constable Syllabus 2023. If you have any queries on any government exams, do comment down below, and we will get back to you.