JEE Advanced 2022 Registration: The JEE Advanced 2022 application window will be opened tomorrow, 7 August. IIT Bombay released the JEE Advanced 2022 eligibility criteria and registration at the official website. Interested candidates can check the details here. Furthermore, the candidates must meet the eligibility criteria for the JEE Advanced 2022 exam. Students need to fulfil multiple criteria, qualifying exams, minimum marks, etc., for admission into IITs.
JEE Advanced 2022 Registration Eligibility Criteria
CSAB has announced a minimum of 75% marks in class 12th for admissions to IITs, NITS, IIITs and GFTIs. Candidates can only get admission to engineering colleges after securing 75% marks in class 12th board exams. Moreover, candidates who qualify JEE Mains will be eligible for JEE Advanced 2022. The Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2022 will commence on 28 August. Moreover, the candidates can check the detailed information about JEE Advanced eligibility criteria 2022 and registration below.
Criterion 1 – Performance in JEE Main 2022
Candidates should have compulsorily passed JEE Main 2022. They should also be among the top 2,50,000 candidates. The categories division is as follows.
|PwD||5% horizontal reservation in all of the above.|
Criterion 2: JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2022 – Age Limit
Candidates should be born on or after 1 October 1997 for JEE Advanced 2022. However, SC, ST and PwD candidates will be relaxed for 5 years on the above date.
Also Read: How to Apply for JEE Main Advanced 2022
Criterion 3: JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria- Number of Attempts
The maximum number of attempts by the candidates for JEE Advanced is two times in two consecutive years. Moreover, the IITB has informed that applicants who filled the JEE Advanced 2022/2021 application form but did not appear are eligible for the JEE Advanced 2022.
Criterion 4: JEE Advanced 2022 Eligibility Criteria- Appearance in 12th (or equivalent) Examination
All candidates should have qualified class 12th examination in 2021 or 2022 for the first time. Also, if the result is declared for the 2019-20 session on or after 15 October 15 2020, then the 12th class candidates will be eligible for JEE Advanced 2022. However, if the authorities announced the results before 15 October 2020, but the result was withheld, then the candidate will not be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2022.
The following are the qualifying examinations equivalent to the 12th standard:
- Final examination of 10+2 by a central or state board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Intermediate or 2-year pre-university examination by a board or university recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- The final exam of the 2-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- SSC examination is conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of 5 subjects.
- Any public school, board or university examination in India or a foreign country equivalent to the 10+2 system by the AIU.
- HSC vocational examination.
- A diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Criterion 5: JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2022 – Earlier Admissions at IITs
Candidates who previously attended an IIT cannot apply for JEE Advanced 2022. Also, those candidates who will accept an IIT seat by reporting at a reporting centre in the past will not be eligible for admissions. The candidates whose admissions at IITs are cancelled after joining will also not be eligible for JEE Advanced 2022.
However, candidates admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2021 can appear for JEE Advanced 2022. Those who will pay the seat acceptance fee in 2021 will also be eligible for JEE Advanced 2022 if they meet the following conditions:
- If the candidates did not report at any reporting centres
- Withdrew before the last round of seat allotment
- Had their seat been cancelled (for any reason) before the final round of seat allotment?
JEE Advanced 2022 Registration Fee
The registration fee for JEE (Advanced) 2022 is as follows:
|Indian Nationals||Female Candidates (all categories)||INR 1400|
|SC, ST, and PwD Candidates||INR 1400|
|All other candidates||INR 2800|
|Foreign Nationals (including OCI/PIO)||Candidates residing in SAARC countries (including India)||USD 75#|
|Candidates residing in Non-SAARC countries||USD 150#|
Follow GetMyUni for more such content on the Latest Education News.