"The online certification platform Coursera has recently joined forces with IITs, IIMs & IISc to release a range of job-ready courses."
Coursera has recently kicked off an initiative that could be a game-changer. The online learning platform has announced partnerships with several IITs, IIMs & other leading institutes to launch enhanced, job-relevant courses. The platform has already collaborated with IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Indore, IIIT Bangalore, and IISc. Coursera has also involved companies like Hero Mind mine, PwC India, and Tally Education in this program.
This move means that now the platform has 14 universities & 5 industry partners in India, stated an official notification. Indian students aspire to build foundational digital skills in high-growth technology, recent Campus Skills Report suggest. These jobs include ones such as that data scientist, software engineer, and machine learning engineer.
Institute-based Courses by Coursera:
Coursera has launched new job-relevant online degrees to help aspirant upgrade their careers amid the booming digital economy. The new courses aim to enhance one’s business, technology, data science, and employability skills:
- MSc in Data Science from IIIT Bangalore: This is the first data science degree by an Indian institute on Coursera. The course will train students on data science and machine learning engineer roles. Additionally, by year end, it should commence.
- Executive MBA from IIT Roorkee: This aims to develop future leaders who would be skilled in both engineering and business. The program will tentatively start by November 2022.
- Global Management Program (GMP) in Infrastructure and Operations & Supply Chain from The Indian School of Business (ISB): This initiative will fulfill the increasing demand for techno-business managers in the operations sect. Students would learn skills such as developing strategic plans, managing risks, communicating, marketing, and negotiating effectively. This course will begin tentatively by October 2022.
- Six PG Certificate Programs from IIT Guwahati: These courses will upgrade programmers’ skills in varying technical fields. These include topics such as cloud computing applications, Extended Reality (XR), UX Design & Robotics.
- PG Certificate in Machine Learning for Finance and Strategic Supply Chain Management with AI from IIT Roorkee – The first course will give learners an overview of ML and its use in the finance domain. The Supply Chain Management course will teach about advances in supply chain strategies driven by AI and ML.
Industry Partnerships-based Courses:
These are Coursera’s industrial partnership programs:
- Hero Mind mine – They will launch programs to help students understand Insurance and how to sell it.
- PwC India – They plan to launch courses to teach students about the tax domain.
- Tally Education – It will help graduates prepare for a job in business accounting and teach them basic functions in the field.
Betty Vandenbosch, Chief Content Officer, Coursera, recently said that “We are honored to partner with the country’s top higher education institutions and industry educators to widen our portfolio of job-relevant credentials, which will make learning on Coursera even more rewarding for learners in India and across the globe.”