"CLIRNET surveyed 7700 doctors in the country & 98% want NEET PG 2022 Postponed. Supreme Court to announce their verdict today. Check Details"
CLIRNET, a healthcare service provider, surveyed doctors on students demanding the postponement of the NEET PG exam. Students have been protesting against the exam date for a while and have provided legitimate reasons for their demands. However, the board denied all propositions. The IMA, too, intervened and reached out to the Union Health Minister, requesting the NEET PG 2022 be postponed. Be that as it may, no conclusive decision has been made, and the exam is still scheduled for May 21.
Amid such confusion, CLIRNET organized a survey on May 6. They reached out to 7700 doctors in the country. Out of which, 1429 were from the state of Telangana. Most of the doctors surveyed, i.e., 98%, favoured deferment. They believe students are right and the exam should be postponed.
- NEET PG 2022 Live News: SC Agrees to Hear Plea Tomorrow
- NEET PG 2022: IMA Joins Student Protests, Appeals to Health Minister for Deferment
- NEET PG 2022: Some Doctors Oppose The Deferment of the Exam, Here’s Why
Students’ Testimony: Why is the NEET PG 2022 Postponed The Right Approach?
Despite the authorities not accepting their request, students have upheld their demands. A plea hearing at the Supreme Court is scheduled for today. The apex court will deliver a verdict on the matter. Nonetheless, the reasons provided by the ones seeking deferment are as follows:
- The NEET PG 2021 Counselling is not over yet. Last year’s candidates are still in the seat allotment procedure. They find it absurd that the authorities have decided to hold an admission test without allocating all the seats to the previous batch.
- Many states have not granted a chance to PG aspirants to finish their mandatory internships. Students applying for postgraduation must complete an internship before. However, several states could not provide candidates with the opportunity to do so, owing to the pandemic.
Besides these obvious reasons, protestors claim that several other factors are due to which the NEET PG 2022 should be postponed. Albeit, students should do their part and prepare for the exam, which is currently scheduled for May 21. They can only hope that the court hearing goes in their favour.