"Chandigarh University has achieved notable upward growth within this year's NIRF ranking list for multiple disciplinary parameters."
Chandigarh University has achieved notable upward growth within the nation’s rankings this year. Earlier this month, the Ministry of Education (MoE) published this year’s NIRF report. The institute, currently the youngest to achieve NIRF recognition, has reached higher positions on several disciplinary ranking lists within the framework. Notable inclusions include the university’s Engineering, Management, Pharmacy, and Architecture colleges.
Chandigarh University NIRF Performance
NIRF, or the National Institutional Ranking Framework, is an annual study formulated by the country’s Education Ministry. The framework classifies and categorises the nation’s higher education institutions by five holistic parameters. Furthermore, the report is then divided into the following eleven categories, covering a variety of disciplinary segments within the education sector. The categories are as follows
For each of the above categories, NIRF has developed a set of metrics for ranking the HEIs. The five parameters are Peer Perception (PR), Teaching, Learning and Resources (TLR), Graduation Outcomes (GO), Outreach and Inclusivity (OI), and Research and Professional Practice (RPP). The researchers then summarised the marks for each of the five groups and assigned aggregate scores to the colleges.
- Management: #45 – Chandigarh University’s Management Division has raised the bar again this year. CU is now among the Top 50 Management Institutes in the country, standing in the 45th position. The varsity secured an overall score of 48.57 with an extraordinary accomplishment in Teaching, Learning & Resources (69.97), Graduation Outcome (65.47), and Outreach & Inclusivity (81.38).
- Engineering: #61 – The varsity’s Engineering school has been growing steadily for years. However, the CU engineering course obtained exponential progress this year, leaping by 23 places within the disciplinary list, from #84 to #61. This expansion took place in large part due to high scores within the TLR and OI categories.
- Architecture: #16 – Several sources have noted that CU now holds the best college for Architecture within North India, as part of the top twenty Indian Architectural institutions. Notably, the college received an exceptional Graduation Outcome grade, at 82.45.
- Pharmacy: #51 – IChandigarh University being North India’s best higher educational institution for Pharmacy, made its entry among the Top 60 Best Pharmacy Institutes in the country. CU’s Pharmacy division has been ranked #51 for its Teaching, Learning & Resources (69.64), Graduation Outcome(53.89), and Outreach & Inclusivity (75.79). The overall NIRF score for CU’s Pharmacy division stood at 43.33.
- University: #52 – Within the university category, CU has obtained #52 rank this year. Furthermore, the varsity has received recognition for their consistent initiatives towards growth, diversity, and student-centricity.
- Overall: #77 – Chandigarh University has climbed up and has been awarded 77th rank among the top higher educational institutions in the country by the NIRF. Furthermore, it is the youngest university to be ranked by NIRF. Chandigarh University secured an overall score of 48.57 with extraordinary performances in the following parameters – Teaching, Learning & Resources (57.48); Graduation Outcome (63.40); and Outreach & Inclusivity (75.44).