"Chandigarh University is taking the lead in medical services and has established the University Institute of Nursing (UIN), offering two undergraduate programs."
In recent years, Nursing has emerged as one of the most sought-after professions in the world. Being one of the fastest-growing professions, Nursing guarantees job security, extensive professional growth and economic stability. The cornerstone of nursing discipline is the therapeutic relationship that nurses establish with the patient. Moreover, the fundamental aspects of nursing are based on values such as trust, understanding, communication, compassion and kindness.
Nursing is a vital and honoured profession that is incredibly essential to the health of families and the community itself. Therefore, being a nurse is not easy, and it requires hard work incorporated with emotional stability, empathy, quick-thinking capabilities, and a high degree of physical endurance. Not to mention, the pandemic situation has shed light on the importance of nurses in modern health care.
Nursing at Chandigarh University
Chandigarh University has taken a step forward in medical services and introduced the University Institute of Nursing (UIN). UIN offers two undergraduate programs in Nursing, which are B.Sc. Nursing and GNM or General Nursing & Midwifery.
- B.Sc. Nursing: It is a graduate-level course in Nursing, and it covers all the fundamental aspects of nursing and focuses on providing thorough knowledge on the basics. Eligibility criteria for B.Sc. Nursing is to have your 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks with (PCBE-Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English) from a recognised Board/ University. The minimum age for admission to B.Sc Nursing is 17 Years, while the maximum is 35 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission. Moreover, the course demands the candidate to be medically fit.
- GNM or General Nursing & Midwifery: The course of General Nursing and Midwifery deals with educating nurses in general health care, midwifery and nursing. The GNM course designed by the University Institute of Nursing amplifies the knowledge and employability of the aspirants wanting to pursue a career in clinical nursing. The eligibility criteria for admission into GNM requires you to have your 10+2 with English with a minimum of 40% at the qualifying examination and English individually from any recognised board. Also, an applicant with 10+2 with English having 40% of marks in vocational ANM course from the school recognised by the Indian Nursing Council is eligible. The age criteria for the program is similar to B.SC. Nursing, however, there is no age bar for LHV.
Why Study Nursing at Chandigarh University?
The country’s youngest private university to earn A+ Accreditation from the NAAC, Chandigarh University opens your gateways to diverse professional opportunities after your graduation. The research-oriented curriculum and industry patronage facilitates a deeper and experiential understanding of the field. Some of the top reasons to study Nursing at Chandigarh are as follows:
- Simulation in Ultra-Modern Labs: Chandigarh University has incorporated state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities, industry-sponsored labs and advanced learning centres with technology integrated into every corner of the campus. The varsity’s modernised labs facilitate research and promote a deeper understanding of the field with experiential and hands-on learning.
- Renowned Faculty for the Teaching & Learning Process: The varsity emphasises student satisfaction with the most conducive student-faculty ratio of 14:1. The varsity incorporates a dynamic fraternity drawn from top HEI’s nationally and internationally. Also, the regular industry sessions, workshops, guest lectures, industrial visits, etc., ensure that the learning process runs smoothly throughout the academic calendar.
- Clinical Practice in the Best Hospitals: CU’s educational tie-ups with the industry and its leaders enable the students to explore their strengths and weaknesses with practice in the best hospitals. The exposure amplifies the candidate’s knowledge, confidence and employability.
- International Tie-Ups: Chandigarh University has collaborated with 306+ top institutions worldwide that enhances a student’s potential for individual and professional growth. International tie-ups in 65 countries avail of numerous opportunities, from academic to professional.
- Industry-Aligned Curriculum: A student-friendly university, Chandigarh University has tailored an industry-oriented curriculum that focuses on honing the skills and knowledge of the students for the industry. Along with academics, the curriculum inculcates other crucial aspects for the overall development of a student. Also, the industry-aligned curriculum provides better insights into the industry to the students.
- Top-Notch Companies for Placements: Adjudged as the “University with Best Placements” by WCRC, Chandigarh University is also a Limca Book Record Holder for bringing the highest number of companies to campus placements. Even amid the pandemic, the varsity held a virtual placement drive that generated 7417 placement offers with the highest salary package offered at Rs. 36 Lacs.
Career Pathways after Graduation
There are enormous opportunities after completing graduation in Nursing or GNM. Here are the top-most workplaces one can pursue their career in nursing:
- Government agencies
- Psychiatric institutions
- Home health care agencies
- Schools, camps and missionary groups
- Care facilities (nursing homes, rehabilitation centres or residential care providers)