NTA (National Testing Agency) officials have updated the examination schedule for UGC NET 2021. The board released the official notification regarding the modification of the exam schedule on the examination’s official website, ugcnet.nta.nic.in. As per the new schedule, the assessment will take place on 6, 7, 8, 17, 18, and 19 October 2021.
Earlier, the NTA planned to conduct the UGC NET 2021 from 6 to 11 October 2021. However, significant assessments, including the MAHA TET and UPSC IAS prelims, will also occur during the UGC’s original testing window. Thus, the board decided to reschedule the assessment due to the time conflict with other examinations.
In addition, the board cancelled the December 2020 session of the assessment last year due to the government-sanctioned lockdown. Officials also postponed the June 2021 session of the UGC NET due to COVID-19 concerns. Thus, both sessions will now take place at the same time from 6 October.
How to Apply for UGC NET 2021 as per Examination Schedule
Registration for the entrance test is currently available online until 5 September. Hence, interested candidates can still apply for the University Grants Commission NET 2021 by following the steps given below.
- Go to the board’s official website – ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Then, select the online application link available on the homepage
- Register by providing basic information such as the candidate’s name, valid email address, and mobile number.
- Then, log in using the credentials sent to the registered mobile number.
- Fill in the registration form with personal, communication, and academic details.
- Then upload the necessary documents within the stated formatting parameters.
- Afterwards, pay the application fee through online means.
- Then, verify and submit the registration form.
- Finally, save the application for future reference.